PDA

View Full Version : 2nd best in the afc?

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 08:30 AM
are the jets or the steelers (tied for 2nd place in afc @ 7-3) the 2nd best team in their conference behind Tenn?

i say pit b/c of recent success in the playoffs...

jets play tenn sunday so that will be a GREAT litmus

unfortunately, jets dont play pitt this year unless playoffs...

PLAYOFFS???

Partial
11-17-2008, 09:25 AM
NYJ is nowhere near the best team. They'll get crushed in the playoffs.

I think Pittsburg is the team to beat in the AFC. It will come down to them having the much, much better QB in the playoffs (compared to Tenn)

KYPack
11-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Tenn and the Giants are the two conference leaders. Both teams have solid lines on O & D. Big, tough, with decent depth.

Kerry C is enough QB to get Tenn over, but I think they'd get drilled in an SB if they made it. They may be Raven clones and Kerry Collins will be their Dilfer. Tenn has a brutal D.

The Jets and Pitt are the runners up in the AFC.

The Jets need Jones and your folk hero, Jenkins to play at a high level to advance.

The Slinger is a big advantage for the Jets over Pitt.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 11:35 AM

dont bet the ranch; they're roundn into shape like the giants of '07

thunder and lightening vs. kris BEAST jenkins and pace will be exciting sunday

!

Badgerinmaine
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I think I'd take the Steelers second, too. However, even with all their injuries, I sure wouldn't want to see the playoff-tested Patriots in the playoffs if I was an AFC team. The Jets have shown they can pummel bad teams, but aside from the obvious exceptions there isn't a lot of playoff experience there.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-17-2008, 01:02 PM

Titans will beat the Jets by 10+ on Sunday. The Patriots win was the Jets most impressive win so far this season, but pretty much one of their only impressive wins. The Jets have a cupcake schedule, go back and look at it Mobb, I think your opinion will change greatly on them.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree 100% with Partial on this one, the Jets will get crushed in the playoffs.

MOBB DEEP
11-19-2008, 07:00 AM
according to the most recent power rankings the jets are #3 in the afc behind titans and pit...

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 02:35 PM
hmmmmmmm........

Bretsky
11-23-2008, 02:37 PM

Titans will beat the Jets by 10+ on Sunday. The Patriots win was the Jets most impressive win so far this season, but pretty much one of their only impressive wins. The Jets have a cupcake schedule, go back and look at it Mobb, I think your opinion will change greatly on them.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree 100% with Partial on this one, the Jets will get crushed in the playoffs.

Too many stressed that the Jets have beaten nobody; that talk can stop now

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Too many stressed that the Jets have beaten nobody; that talk can stop now

thats just what they HOPED was the case B...whereas ive been watchn CLOSELY as they've developed into a machine

i called this W last week (on the jets/pack poll thread that one of yall dissed) when the doubters were hating; here and on TV (mainly talkn bout talkn heads)

to me it was elementary that skill pos were better and favre better than kc...thus VICTORY!!

HATERS BEWARE!!

Freak Out
11-23-2008, 02:45 PM
NE and Miami have a hell of a game going.

GrnBay007
11-23-2008, 02:45 PM

C'mon Dolphins!!!!!!

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 02:46 PM
The Jets have a cupcake schedule, go back and look at it Mobb, I think your opinion will change greatly on them.

how bout NO!

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 02:47 PM

C'mon Dolphins!!!!!!

RIGHT

Freak Out
11-23-2008, 02:50 PM

C'mon Dolphins!!!!!!

RIGHT

Cassel is tearing it up.

The Browns were stupid for benching Anderson.

denverYooper
11-23-2008, 02:51 PM

Cassell's over 400 yards again :shock:

The Gunshooter
11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
NYJ look more balanced then TN or Pitt right now especially after crushing TN on the road. I think they would beat Pitt too. It's week 11 though and a lot can change injury wise. I see Kris Jenkins went down with some kind of injury.

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 03:01 PM
amazn this game became a LAUGHER....

time of pos 40 - 18 :wink:

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 03:04 PM

Cassell's over 400 yards again :shock:

DAYUM

Partial
11-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Jets are really starting to look good! Pitt is still the class of the AFC though.

RashanGary
11-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Jets are really starting to look good! Pitt is still the class of the AFC though.

I don't know. The Jets have a better OL. Rothlisburger can't get a pass off, similar to the Packers in 2005. It's brutal. Down the stretch, the teams with the reliable run games AND really good defenses tend to win. The Jets, unlike the Steelers, have both. The Titans also have both.

The Titans are banged up and played a Jets team that had a couple extra days to self scout and put together a sophisticated game plan. I still think the Titans are the best, but the Jets are in the conversation after that game.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I ate a lot of crow today, the Jets certainly look much better than I anticipated.

GrnBay007
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
I ate a lot of crow today, the Jets certainly look much better than I anticipated.

Always marinate first. It helps. :wink:

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
double 0 u got me sick today; im caughing and my eyes burn now.... :evil:

GrnBay007
11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
double 0 u got me sick today; im caughing and my eyes burn now.... :evil:

Well hey, I have homemade chicken noodle soup. :D

LL2
11-23-2008, 08:21 PM
It sucks the Jets beat the Titans but the Pack couldn't pull off a win...Frustrating! At least it looks like maybe the Pack may have found their groove...hopefully they get a good long win streak going.

Guiness
11-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Jets looked REAL good today. They are certainly among the class of the AFC.

Anyone who doubted the Jets, said they had a good schedule, etc should have had their mind changed today. Tennesee has looked good, but I think Collins holds them back.

gbgary
11-23-2008, 09:23 PM
chris collinworth just said he thought the jets were the best team in the afc and the favorite, in his mind, to go to the superbowl.

Bretsky
11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I think the Steelers are the best team and will be very hard to take down in the playoffs.

I'm not convinced about who is #2 yet; I think the Titans are very beatable in the playoffs because they don't have the passing attack to be balanced.

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 02:07 AM
I still think the titans are the favorites, but the jets showed well. Its hard to say they can't be in the superbowl with the showing they had.

After the titans there are several contenders, but the jets have to certainly be in the arguement if not the favorites after today. I do think their schedule has helped them, but results are results. Favre is playing great, the D is very good, and the OL is monster.

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 06:17 AM
It sucks the Jets beat the Titans but the Pack couldn't pull off a win...Frustrating!

the lone common opponent for pack and jets is tenn.

thus, my q was answered; jets better than pack

pack were in the game but couldnt get a w. whereas ny bretts BLEW OUT ttans

sheepshead
11-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Hey Mobb, for you;

www.nyjetschat.com