PDA

View Full Version : 2nd best team in the nfc?

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 08:42 AM
with the giants a shoe-in for 1st seed who's 2nd best in their conference behind them?

cards? panthers? skins?

i say PACKERS b/c of recent playoff experience unless cowgirls get on a roll with romo and roy w

Deputy Nutz
11-17-2008, 08:56 AM
The Cards are really playing well, and you look at all the options that they have on offense and it is frightening.

The Panthers have the second best record and they can run the ball with two good backs.

Dallas has a crappy record but I really wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.

pbmax
11-17-2008, 08:58 AM
If you can figure out our offensive line, then you can answer this question. My best guess is that they were hurt by the additional speed of the Vikes on turf. That, plus the fact that they ar not dominating in one specific area, so if the Packer's fall behind and begin chucking it, they can be had in pass rush. Rodgers is not as much help as Favre since he tends to hold the ball longer and does not have consistent pocket awareness yet.

If they have a second half lead, they can be had in run blocking, at least early this season, if not the Bears game. Mix up both, then they seem to do quite well.

It also seems that penalties kill us when we are using the checkdowns on third down.

So, if the Packers pass and run? Sure, they might be the second best team. If they get forced into a single mode, then no way are they the second best.

pbmax
11-17-2008, 09:00 AM
The Cards are really playing well, and you look at all the options that they have on offense and it is frightening.

The Panthers have the second best record and they can run the ball with two good backs.

Dallas has a crappy record but I really wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.
Not sure about the Cardinals. Another team like the Dolphins and Jets that clearly have improved but are facing a weakened schedule. I think the Packers secondary can handle the twin terrors.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 09:02 AM

Not sure about the Cardinals. Another team like the Dolphins and Jets that clearly have improved but are facing a weakened schedule. I think the Packers secondary can handle the twin terrors.

Pb,

giants at cards sunday

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 09:12 AM
i like how pack was MAD physical on both sides of the line; that grant td run.....WHEW, all he had was green jerz in front of him

that will be key vs saints and panthers/this time of the year imo

in the words of olivia newton-j lets get physical

Partial
11-17-2008, 09:20 AM
IMO, it goes...

NYG

(several miles away)

Dallas
Washington
Carolina
Tampa
NO

They playoffs will be:

NYG
Arizona
Carolina
Minnesota
Washington or Tampa
Dallas

pbmax
11-17-2008, 09:32 AM
IMO, it goes...

NYG

(several miles away)

Dallas
Washington
Carolina
Tampa
NO
Not going to argue playoff qualifiers, as that is as much about the division as the quality of the team, but I vote NO on NO being on this list and am deeply skeptical about Washington. We will find out about the former in a week.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 09:38 AM
IMO, it goes...

NYG

(several miles away)

lmao

for sure tho; that team is awesome

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2008, 09:47 AM

...and the bretts beat them down, 56....

that squad (cards )is nice and fun to watch

Freak Out
11-17-2008, 10:33 AM
IMO, it goes...

NYG

(several miles away)

Dallas
Washington
Carolina
Tampa
NO

They playoffs will be:

NYG
Arizona
Carolina
Minnesota
Washington or Tampa
Dallas

...after this week I put the Packers between the Cowboys and the Skins. :)

Joemailman
11-17-2008, 11:09 AM
If the Packers can deliver another strong performance next week, they have a chance to be that #2. The Packers showed yesterday that they have the talent at the skill positions to dominate if they get the job done in the trenches. Contrast this with the week before when the Vikings dominated the Packers in the trenches, and yet the Packers nearly won the game. In terms of talent, the Packers are probably the #3 team in the NFC.

Badgerinmaine
11-17-2008, 11:25 AM
I think I might vote for Tampa Bay. Remember, they've already beaten Green Bay. At 8-2, it would be tempting to vote for Carolina, but they have played a lot of weak teams--two of their wins are over KC and Oakland, both of whom are terrible.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I think I might vote for Tampa Bay. Remember, they've already beaten Green Bay. At 8-2, it would be tempting to vote for Carolina, but they have played a lot of weak teams--two of their wins are over KC and Oakland, both of whom are terrible.

If both teams play to their potential, the #2 and #3 teams in the NFC are the Cowboys and Packers respectfully. However, that hasn't been the case and there are a ton of teams up there fighting for the #2 spot, and as of today the Packers and Cowgirls arent one of them.

We still have 6 games to go though, and anything can change. Both the Packers and Cowgirls have easier schedules in the 2nd half of the season than the first. Watch both of these teams hit big winning streaks at the end of the season and make the playoffs.

Partial
11-17-2008, 01:29 PM

If both teams play to their potential, the #2 and #3 teams in the NFC are the Cowboys and Packers respectfully. However, that hasn't been the case and there are a ton of teams up there fighting for the #2 spot, and as of today the Packers and Cowgirls arent one of them.

We still have 6 games to go though, and anything can change. Both the Packers and Cowgirls have easier schedules in the 2nd half of the season than the first. Watch both of these teams hit big winning streaks at the end of the season and make the playoffs.

No doubt about it. The three most talented teams are NYG, Dal and GB. However, it is an awfully big "IF" that they keep playing at this level in the trenches, as they really have not come anywhere near yesterdays performance at all this year.

IF they remain dominant as they were yesterday, there is no doubt in my mind we'll compete in the playoffs.

cheesner
11-18-2008, 12:05 AM
They playoffs will be:

NYG
Arizona
Carolina
Minnesota
Washington or Tampa
Dallas

I would put the order of finish for the NFC North as Packers/Bears/Minny/JV.

Minny is about to loose their 2 best D players for 4 games, they have Chilly as their coach, they have a history of choking late in the season, their QB turns the ball over too much, and they also have the toughest schedule remaining for the NFC North.

DonHutson
11-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Packers won't be the #2 seed, but they could very well be the second best team.

bobblehead
11-18-2008, 09:41 AM
If you can figure out our offensive line, then you can answer this question.

This is the sum of it imo. It seems to me that clifton has to become clifton again. He was good enough against the bears, but got BLOWN UP on the goal line to make 1st and 1 into 2nd and 5. Otherwise he was much better.

Funny thing is that I think the rest of the line has mostly played well...it just seemed that for a handful of games different guys took turns fucking up. Whereas I don't think college is the best lineman we have by any means, he has been the most consistent (not a truly shitty game yet). Each of the other 4 have had turns playing at least one absolutely horrendous game. Spitz got a writeup about how good he had been then shit the bed in minnesota big time. Clifton is a multiple offender.

If they can just not have that one guy playing god awful I could see us playing the giants again and maybe even winning. If we just GET to the NFCC we should be very encouraged as we will still be without barnett and jenkins. We are otherwise healthy, but not many teams have the depth of talent to overcome losing 2 solid starters on D, having a first year starter at QB and still go deep into the playoffs.

PS....props to TT for signing chillar AND extending poppinga...as I said at the time, don't read into the chillar signing, TT has a habit of collecting solid players for good prices, it was that simple.

Patler
11-18-2008, 10:05 AM
It seems to me that clifton has to become clifton again. He was good enough against the bears, but got BLOWN UP on the goal line to make 1st and 1 into 2nd and 5. Otherwise he was much better.

I heard Colledge took pretty much sole responsibility for that play. He said he got knocked off balance and stepped sideways onto Clifton's foot trying to regain his balance. He said he pretty much pinned Clifton in place at the start of the play, making him look bad.

denverYooper
11-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Minny is about to loose their 2 best D players for 4 games, they have Chilly as their coach, they have a history of choking late in the season, their QB turns the ball over too much, and they also have the toughest schedule remaining for the NFC North.

Plus, their special teams are atrocious.

Patler
11-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Minny is about to loose their 2 best D players for 4 games,

I'm not sure that those suspensions will ever happen.
There seems to be a question about the players having taken a supplement that was approved by the NFL, but which they have now found to contain a banned substance. If those are the facts, I doubt you will see a suspension.

MOBB DEEP
11-19-2008, 07:03 AM
according to the most recent power rankings the pack is # 8 in the nfc

CRAZY!

denverYooper
11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
according to the most recent power rankings the pack is # 8 in the nfc

CRAZY!

Those are pretty fluid. They'll move up if they show they can win consistently.