11-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Here is there remaining schedule

CAR @ ATL Lost
CAR @ GB
TB @ CAR
DEN @ CAR
CAR @ NYG
CAR @ NO

Every year 1 team starts hot and finishes cold. Last year it was the Lions started 6-2 then finished 7-9.
I remember when I was in school the Saints started 8-0 then finished 8-8. Looking at there remaining schedule I don't see any sure win in any of those games.

HarveyWallbangers
11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
They'll come back to earth, but they are good enough to win at least a couple of those games.

Joemailman
11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
They run the ball pretty well, and we're coming up on the time of year where you need to be able to run the ball. They'll probably split those games.

MadtownPacker
11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
I know one game they are gonna lose for sure. :D

Gunakor
11-18-2008, 11:28 AM
That's a brutal road schedule they have to finish the year...

DonHutson
11-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I remember a year in the Forrest Gregg era when the Pack started 1-7 and finished 8-8.

Partial
11-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Carolina is the exact type of team the Pack have struggled with. We'll win IF we can stop the run.

There we go with the IFs again!

TennesseePackerBacker
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Carolina is the exact type of team the Pack have struggled with. We'll win IF we can stop the run.

I actually believe the Packers will do quite well with Carolina when you break it all down. The Panthers are overrated plain and simple, just a benefactor of a weak schedule really(ala Jets). They've struggled to get wins against the Raiders, Lions, and Bears. Their once impressive come from behind win against San Diego on the road now doesn't have the same luster. They lost to Minnesota on the road, mustering only 10 points, and were blown out by Tampa on the road. Carolina has really struggled on the road this season, and now has two back to back games with hungry teams.

Now, after all that, I have first hand knowledge of Carolina because unless I go to the sports bar I can bet the farm that the local Fox channel with have the Panthers on. Their backs are young and prone to making mistakes, as well as their offensive line. Their offensive line has also been beaten up with injuries this year, after a very physical inter-divisional game @ the Falcons we might catch them beat up a bit. If you take steve smith out of the game and eliminate their screens, hitches and slants you can really make their team one dimensional, and given our secondary I give us a good chance. Both the Packers and the Panthers defense are also very similar. We have a better back 7, they have a better front 4, both teams play bend but don't break defense.

All in all, this should be a game where the Packers have a very good shot at winning, we match up very well with the Panthers. This is all a moot point until next Tuesday though, because the Packers have to go play a good home team in a dome on Monday night this week. It's going to be a tough challenege.

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I remember a year in the Forrest Gregg era when the Pack started 1-7 and finished 8-8.I try to forget that.

Partial
11-18-2008, 11:00 PM

I actually believe the Packers will do quite well with Carolina when you break it all down. The Panthers are overrated plain and simple, just a benefactor of a weak schedule really(ala Jets). They've struggled to get wins against the Raiders, Lions, and Bears. Their once impressive come from behind win against San Diego on the road now doesn't have the same luster. They lost to Minnesota on the road, mustering only 10 points, and were blown out by Tampa on the road. Carolina has really struggled on the road this season, and now has two back to back games with hungry teams.

Now, after all that, I have first hand knowledge of Carolina because unless I go to the sports bar I can bet the farm that the local Fox channel with have the Panthers on. Their backs are young and prone to making mistakes, as well as their offensive line. Their offensive line has also been beaten up with injuries this year, after a very physical inter-divisional game @ the Falcons we might catch them beat up a bit. If you take steve smith out of the game and eliminate their screens, hitches and slants you can really make their team one dimensional, and given our secondary I give us a good chance. Both the Packers and the Panthers defense are also very similar. We have a better back 7, they have a better front 4, both teams play bend but don't break defense.

All in all, this should be a game where the Packers have a very good shot at winning, we match up very well with the Panthers. This is all a moot point until next Tuesday though, because the Packers have to go play a good home team in a dome on Monday night this week. It's going to be a tough challenege.

I don't know anything about them other than I really liked Jonathan Stewart as a prospect... so I'll take your word on them :D

pack4to84
11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
This was the game I thought they could win out of all that was remaining. 8-8 here they come.

TheRaven
11-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Denver on the road is hardly a scary thought.

denverYooper
11-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Should be an interesting game this weekend. Packers' and Panthers' Defenses were both embarassed this past week.