PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers

RashanGary
11-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Curious where everyone thinks he stands.

Joemailman
11-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Will be a very good player. Not as good as Favre, better than Hasselbeck.

sharpe1027
11-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Too early to say. He has put up some good numbers so far so a probowl is a distinct possibility, but far from certain.

My guess is that he will do well, but that we will find another QB in a few years that takes over for him, maybe after he gets hurt (think Majik-to-Favre transition).

Lurker64
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM

I think this is very probable.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-18-2008, 05:53 PM
He could end up making the probowl this year, albeit probably as an alternate.

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
He could end up making the probowl this year, albeit probably as an alternate.I thik he'll be voted into the pro bowl this year if he contiues to play well. Eli Manning will go and that leaves 2 spots. ARod stands a better than even chance to take one of those spots. Not one QB in the NFC really stands out.

Joemailman
11-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Brees, Warner and Manning figure to get picked ahead of Rodgers. If any of them are hurt, Rodgers may have a chance.

RashanGary
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Brees, Warner and Manning figure to get picked ahead of Rodgers. If any of them are hurt, Rodgers may have a chance.

I agree.

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 06:23 PM

I agree.I will agree on Warner and Manning. But I disagree with Brees. Its even between him and Rodgers right now.

RashanGary
11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Rodgers is a first year starter. He's going to have to earn his stripes. Brees will likely get more votes from both players and fans because they know him better.

Rodgers did have a pretty high profile offseason and was a high profile draft pick. Maybe he's on the popularity radar early but I doubt it.

I agree he deserves consideration, strong consideration. I don't think it will happen this year though.

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Rodgers is a first year starter. He's going to have to earn his stripes. Brees will likely get more votes from both players and fans because they know him better.

That said, Rodgers did have a pretty high profile offseason and was a high profile draft pick. Maybe he's on the popularity radar early but I doubt it.

I agree he deserves consideration, strong consideration, but I don't think it will happen this year.Valid points.

Bretsky
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM

I agree.I will agree on Warner and Manning. But I disagree with Brees. Its even between him and Rodgers right now.

Brees deserves it just as much or more than Manning; without his #1 WR and missing his top RB for the past four weeks and McCallister the first part of the year, hes carried that team and defined what a playmaker is. 3200 yards already is pretty unbelievable

gbgary
11-18-2008, 08:37 PM
i like him a lot. when given time, and not asked to think too much (at this point in his development) he is very good. he's only got ten games under his belt and asking him to run that five wide-out offense is rediculous.

Deputy Nutz
11-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I think he has played decently. I thought I would see him run more, but I guess with the shoulder injury he has been limited.

Anyways, he plays in the west coast offense, where the hardest part about the offense is learning the system, the reads, and consistently staying on the same page as the receivers. He has had three years to learn all of this. He has talent, a good arm, and he is smart. The jury is still out on tangibles, such as pocket presence, game management, and leadership.

Partial
11-18-2008, 09:32 PM

I think this is very probable.

How? The odds of that are extremely unlikely. How many quarterbacks have had better careers than Hass? Not as many as you'd think. He's carved out a very nice NFL career for himself with what, 3 pro bowls and a super bowl appearance.

I suspect when all is said and done Hass is in 5 pro bowls and one super bowl. Those are some pretty impressive figures and if A-Rod matches he will have what will be considered a wonderful career and a packer hall of famer.

Partial
11-18-2008, 09:33 PM

What? Brees is likely the league MVP right now. He's on pace to shatter the single season passing yard record. And thats with a banged up team ( deuce missed a game or two I beleive, Bush has been out, Colston has been out, etc).

TennesseePackerBacker
11-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Not to mention the older vets normally tend to get in more than some of the younger better players.

Manning, Warner, Brees, Romo(fan selection obv), Rodgers

That's how I see the voting and I think it's pretty possible Rodgers makes it in as an alternate if he keeps it up.

cpk1994
11-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Not to mention the older vets normally tend to get in more than some of the younger better players.

Manning, Warner, Brees, Romo(fan selection obv), Rodgers

That's how I see the voting and I think it's pretty possible Rodgers makes it in as an alternate if he keeps it up.Since the fans only count 1/3 like players and coaches do, Romo ain't going this year.

gex
11-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Manning, Warner, Brees, with Romo and/or A-Rod as alternatives.

packrat
11-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers ends up with more superbowl wins than Favre. He seems to be better at playing within a system and letting the team win a game, rather than trying to carry it all on his own shoulders. Of course, part of that would be a result of the Packers failing to keep Favre surrounded by balanced talent on both sides of the ball. The years of pathetic receivers was a crime.

SnakeLH2006
11-18-2008, 11:55 PM

What? Brees is likely the league MVP right now. He's on pace to shatter the single season passing yard record. And thats with a banged up team ( deuce missed a game or two I beleive, Bush has been out, Colston has been out, etc).

Forgive CPK, he's has learning issues and is only 13. Brees has been pretty damn good and maybe an MVP candidate for an injury-ravaged team and on pace to shatter some long standing NFL passing records in '08. (Damn it'a a beast to keep CPK in check, me and his mom thought we took away his laptop.) Guess I gotta take him behind the trailer in the morning and beat him again. :shock: 8-)

gex
11-19-2008, 12:13 AM

Forgive CPK, he's has learning issues and is only 13. Brees has been pretty damn good and maybe an MVP candidate for an injury-ravaged team and on pace to shatter some long standing NFL passing records in '08. (Damn it'a a beast to keep CPK in check, me and his mom thought we took away his laptop.) Guess I gotta take him behind the trailer in the morning and beat him again. :shock: 8-)

You really do need to instill some values on that kid................maybe a good sit down face to fa....... ahh forget it, take him out back.

SnakeLH2006
11-19-2008, 12:17 AM

You really do need to instill some values on that kid................maybe a good sit down face to fa....... ahh forget it, take him out back.

:lol: :lol: :shock: We've tried, oh we've tried. Beating's it is, not like anyone will notice in the trailerpark though. LOL :shock:

MOBB DEEP
11-19-2008, 12:21 AM
lol

Mazzin
11-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Everyone does realize that Manning plays for the AFC...So you have Warner, and Brees...Mannings not in the convo as far as Rodgers making it.

Freak Out
11-19-2008, 02:04 AM
Everyone does realize that Manning plays for the AFC...So you have Warner, and Brees...Mannings not in the convo as far as Rodgers making it.

Eli? Is he having a Pro Bowl season?

channtheman
11-19-2008, 02:37 AM

This is almost as bad as not knowing there are ties in the NFL! I kid, I kid, but I believe you forgot about Eli. I suppose after last years Super Bowl run he is automatically a pro bowl candidate. I haven't been keeping up with him at all though and have no clue what kind of season he is having.

sheepshead
11-19-2008, 07:44 AM
yikes

cpk1994
11-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Everyone does realize that Manning plays for the AFC...So you have Warner, and Brees...Mannings not in the convo as far as Rodgers making it.Eli Manning doesn't. UNless the NY. Giants moved to the AFC when I wasn't looking. :)

Mazzin
11-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Rofl! :oops:

I'm so foolish. LOL, for YEARS you say manning you think of Peyton, But come on that DEFENSE won them that superbowl.

Sorry guys

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers ends up with more superbowl wins than Favre. He seems to be better at playing within a system and letting the team win a game, rather than trying to carry it all on his own shoulders.

WHOA....

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 03:28 PM
alot of the blame DOES fall on his shoulders today...

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 03:33 PM

It wasn't his greatest day, that's for sure. Even still, he wasn't the biggest problem. He's still fighting back from 2nd half deficits to tie or take the lead late in the game, only to have the defense and ST's give it away. That's the biggest problem IMO.

Kyle.McCarroll
12-07-2008, 03:33 PM

:roll: :roll:

Partial
12-07-2008, 03:36 PM
He's an average NFL starter. I'd say he'd be ranked 15-18, somewhere in that range. He's certainly not worth the big money they paid him.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 03:38 PM
He's an average NFL starter. I'd say he'd be ranked 15-18, somewhere in that range. He's certainly not worth the big money they paid him.

He has 6 years to earn the full amount of the contract P. Assume he's going to only get better from here. What if he becomes a top 5 QB in a few years, were the Packers wrong to give him such a big contract to keep him here in Green Bay?

Partial
12-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes. They overpaid for him early. He earns more than Tony Romo. Tony Romo is 10x the quarterback and man that A-Rod is right now.

wist43
12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
STOP THE PRESSES, WHILE I WEIGH IN HERE!!!! LOL

I've liked Rodgers so far... much better than I ever expected from him. Still don't think they'll ever win a championship with him, but he's been okay.

Trouble is, this system calls for more than okay... it is completely QB dependent.

I've moved my expectations all the way up to, "we'll see".

How's that for optimism :D

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes. They overpaid for him early. He earns more than Tony Romo. Tony Romo is 10x the quarterback and man that A-Rod is right now.

Tony Romo is in his 3rd year as a starter. Come back to this thread in 3 years and we'll see who the better QB is. If they hadn't paid him early there's a possibility he'd seek employement elsewhere and then what would we be left with? His rookie contract takes him all the way to UFA...

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Rodgers has been good this year. Look at the other side of the ball. Once again, every time we tied it up or went ahead, the defense gave up the lead. It's happened all year. Heads should roll (e.g. I'm calling for Sanders to lose his job).

pack4to84
12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Rodgers has been good this year. Look at the other side of the ball. Once again, every time we tied it up or went ahead, the defense gave up the lead. It's happened all year. Heads should roll (e.g. I'm calling for Sanders to lose his job).This game is no way Rodgers fault. He played a Brett Favre type game here the different the D didn't bring there support to the equation. Twice in the 4th quarter Rodgers brought the Pack back from a deficit.

wist43
12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I should get some sort of back slap for not skewering the guy like I usually do :)

Where's the love??? :bs2:

wist43
12-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Hell, I even voted in the majority!!!! :thank:

MJZiggy
12-07-2008, 04:37 PM
STOP THE PRESSES, WHILE I WEIGH IN HERE!!!! LOL

I've liked Rodgers so far... much better than I ever expected from him. Still don't think they'll ever win a championship with him, but he's been okay.

Trouble is, this system calls for more than okay... it is completely QB dependent.

I've moved my expectations all the way up to, "we'll see".

How's that for optimism :D

Oh. My. God. If Wist says we'll see, we're going to the SB next year!! Rodgers for Pro Bowl!!!!! :wink: :wink: (but only if certain coaches are "allowed" to retire.)

gbgary
12-07-2008, 04:41 PM
i like AR but with that said i thought he played poorly today. missed wide-open receivers, can't throw a slat to save his life, panics when not under pressure and threw another ugly interception. he made some plays though and that's encouraging. with his erratic play, mm's play calling, and offensive penalties, the offense doesn't stay on the field long enough to do much good. instead of grinding out yards or trying to put drives together they depend on big plays. today the offense only had 52 plays to their 74, only 26 minutes of possession, and were one of ten on third-down. the D sucks but the O sucks more.

LEWCWA
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM

He will be lucky to have a career as good as Hasselbeck has had!

imscott72
12-07-2008, 09:36 PM
the D sucks but the O sucks more.

Care to back that up with stats? :roll: