PDA

View Full Version : Patler had the first numbers itch? What is this number? 67.9

SnakeLH2006
11-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Fun topic only cuz the Patler had a great topic a month ago with a mysterious number. This one will shock and awe all Packer fans once they know what it means.

One clue. This is after the full 10 games. And will amaze you when you find out the significance. NFL stats only of a current NFL player=2nd hint.

Go forth.....The winner gets cookies that CPK's mom and I baked (we are really close :lol: )

SnakeLH2006
11-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Patler where are you? I'd think you'd have this one nailed. I gave some very easy clues....Stats...love 'em. and this is good one. :D :)

It's abhorrent to say, but I guess Justin Harrell gets this one first.

Patler
11-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Too late at night! :lol:

SnakeLH2006
11-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Too late at night! :lol:

Awwww. man...THis one is easy. and you started this... 1 player....1 stat.NFL....now that is the 3rd cheat. You got this one and it's gonna be a doozy.

channtheman
11-19-2008, 02:46 AM
Is it something like the amount of INT return yards per game by the defense?

EDIT: I just decided to read the posts and now I see only 1 player. I have no clue now.

EDIT: With some free time on my hands I just noticed something that scared the piss out of me.

If you take Jennings receiving yards 865 minus Grant's rushing yards 770 you get 95. Now add Rodgers passing yards 2351, and then subtract Favre's passing yards 2237. 209. Take Rodgers passing TD's 15 and square it. 225. Add that to 209. 434. Subtract Favre's passing TD's 18. 416. Add the number of INT's by Woodson, Collins, and Williams and square it. 196. Add it to 416. 612. 612 minus 10 games played equals 602. Add Grant's rushing average 77 to 602. 679 divided by 10 games played equals 67.9

Seriously, I have goosebumps right now.

BobDobbs
11-19-2008, 03:40 AM
That post is a thing of beauty. I can sleep well knowing that genius is alive and well at PackerRats.

Tarlam!
11-19-2008, 04:18 AM

I don't know if you made that shit up, but, this is one of the best posts I have ever read on any forum I ever was on.

Absolutely brilliant and, I take my hat off to you. Great, Great post. This one is going into the "save" box. I want to enjoy it over and over.

sheepshead
11-19-2008, 07:29 AM

EDIT: I just decided to read the posts and now I see only 1 player. I have no clue now.

EDIT: With some free time on my hands I just noticed something that scared the piss out of me.

If you take Jennings receiving yards 865 minus Grant's rushing yards 770 you get 95. Now add Rodgers passing yards 2351, and then subtract Favre's passing yards 2237. 209. Take Rodgers passing TD's 15 and square it. 225. Add that to 209. 434. Subtract Favre's passing TD's 18. 416. Add the number of INT's by Woodson, Collins, and Williams and square it. 196. Add it to 416. 612. 612 minus 10 games played equals 602. Add Grant's rushing average 77 to 602. 679 divided by 10 games played equals 67.9

Youzaaa

KYPack
11-19-2008, 07:38 AM
OK, OK.

I'm impressed, sorta.

For instance, why would you go thru all these mental gyrations?

Let's take it easy.

"If you take Jennings receiving yards 865 minus Grant's rushing yards 770 you get 95."

Why would you do that first?

Cause it makes a neat number?

Jennings is a good guy?

Favre makes an appearance because he's our ex-QB?

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. I've never got one of these numbers trail exercises, and I want to understand what goes thru the minds of those that devise such puzzles.

Seriously.

Respond anybody.

My mind needs to know.

Patler
11-19-2008, 08:14 AM

That's what I was going to say. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just curious, how long did it take you to put that together?

Patler
11-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Patler where are you? I'd think you'd have this one nailed. I gave some very easy clues....Stats...love 'em. and this is good one. :D :)

Sorry, I got nothin'! :(
I came up with a couple 68.9s and 67.8 but nothing for 67.9.

hoosier
11-19-2008, 08:35 AM
67.9 = ARod's third-down completion percentage, tops in NFL.

EDIT: took me ten seconds to track it down.

sharpe1027
11-19-2008, 09:12 AM
OK, OK.

I'm impressed, sorta.

To save the economy.

Let's take it easy.

"If you take Jennings receiving yards 865 minus Grant's rushing yards 770 you get 95."

Because doing it second would just be silly.

Cause it makes a neat number?

Pure coincidence.

Jennings is a good guy?

Yes.

Favre makes an appearance because he's our ex-QB?

Nah, he makes an appearance because he's a good guy too.

denverYooper
11-19-2008, 10:15 AM
OK, OK.

I'm impressed, sorta.

Let's take it easy.

My guess is that that was done last, and that he started with 67.9 and worked backwards with available numbers.

Patler
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
If you take Jennings receiving yards 865 minus Grant's rushing yards 770 you get 95. Now add Rodgers passing yards 2351, and then subtract Favre's passing yards 2237. 209. Take Rodgers passing TD's 15 and square it. 225. Add that to 209. 434. Subtract Favre's passing TD's 18. 416. Add the number of INT's by Woodson, Collins, and Williams and square it. 196. Add it to 416. 612. 612 minus 10 games played equals 602. Add Grant's rushing average 77 to 602. 679 divided by 10 games played equals [b]67.9

So, to put this in descriptive terms so that similar calculations can be made when different players are involved, 67.9 is the per game average of the sum of the leading rusher's per game rushing average plus the net of: the difference between the leading receiver's receiving yards and the leading rusher's rushing yards, plus the starting quarterback's passing yards minus the immediately preceding starting quarterback's passing yards, plus the square of the leading passer's passing touchdowns minus the immediately preceding starting quarterback's passing touchdowns, plus the square of the three leading interceptors total interceptions, minus the total number of games played.

We should probably come up with an abbreviated term for this very informative calculation!

sharpe1027
11-19-2008, 10:45 AM
My guess is that that was done last, and that he started with 67.9 and worked backwards with available numbers.

You just ruined the magic of the math trick for everyone. :cry:

denverYooper
11-19-2008, 10:59 AM
You just ruined the magic of the math trick for everyone. :cry:

We could delete our posts and save the magic for anyone who hasn't looked :).

Tarlam!
11-19-2008, 11:20 AM
No, this is a priceless thread. I love this one.

SnakeLH2006
11-19-2008, 02:00 PM

You are on the right path, but the hints were NFL player, not necessarily Packer player, but should be of interest to many on here. Good guess though, and that is a great stat in itself. :shock: Damn that's a good completion % on 3rd down if true.

SnakeLH2006
11-19-2008, 02:02 PM

Youzaaa

Right!? Holy Jesus, how long did it take you to come up with that? I could just fold it right here and say that's it, but that's a little too complex for anyone below rocket scientist status.

cheesner
11-19-2008, 02:07 PM

Seriously, I have goosebumps right now.Thank goodness this is it.

67.9 coincidently also happens to be my social security number added to my visa card number divided by my bank account number. I thought the thread starter was some kind of ID thief!

hoosier
11-19-2008, 02:19 PM

You are on the right path, but the hints were NFL player, not necessarily Packer player, but should be of interest to many on here. Good guess though, and that is a great stat in itself. :shock: Damn that's a good completion % on 3rd down if true.

Huh??? So what you're saying is there's more than one right answer? I guess my response to that is that your "hints" weren't much of a help.

channtheman
11-19-2008, 02:38 PM

That's what I was going to say. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just curious, how long did it take you to put that together?

To be completely honest it took me about 30 seconds. Of course for a genius like myself this is not really that impressive feat.

No but seriously it took about 15 minutes or so. And I actually did not start with 67.9. I started with Jennings because he has the most receiving yards on the Packers and worked my way around with different stats until I got closer to the magical number of 679 so I could divide by the 10 games played.

Sparkey
11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
If you take Jennings receiving yards 865 minus Grant's rushing yards 770 you get 95. Now add Rodgers passing yards 2351, and then subtract Favre's passing yards 2237. 209. Take Rodgers passing TD's 15 and square it. 225. Add that to 209. 434. Subtract Favre's passing TD's 18. 416. Add the number of INT's by Woodson, Collins, and Williams and square it. 196. Add it to 416. 612. 612 minus 10 games played equals 602. Add Grant's rushing average 77 to 602. 679 divided by 10 games played equals [b]67.9

So, to put this in descriptive terms so that similar calculations can be made when different players are involved, 67.9 is the per game average of the sum of the leading rusher's per game rushing average plus the net of: the difference between the leading receiver's receiving yards and the leading rusher's rushing yards, plus the starting quarterback's passing yards minus the immediately preceding starting quarterback's passing yards, plus the square of the leading passer's passing touchdowns minus the immediately preceding starting quarterback's passing touchdowns, plus the square of the three leading interceptors total interceptions, minus the total number of games played.

We should probably come up with an abbreviated term for this very informative calculation!

NRBSC

Non-relevant bull shit co-efficient

Fritz
11-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Grant's yds. per game average?

Cheesehead Craig
11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
It's what Patler calls it when he wants to do the "69" position with his wife.

Patler just get's a little too technical on the angles.

channtheman
11-20-2008, 11:58 PM
....so what was the real answer?

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2008, 12:32 AM
....so what was the real answer?

Hey what up Rats? Been really busy lately, had 2 good buddies birthdays this week (lot's of drinking and strippers....good times had by many and I'm a top notch buddy to take them out like that...just fucking awesome shit though) :lol: ) But hey, haven't been online much lately and I do apologize for not getting back on here sooner.

Are you ready???.......

Scroll down for the answer as this board may implode. My 3 hints were all spot on and check this link to download a free MP3 I made that is truly inspirational to listen to while you search for the answer: http://vidtomp3.com/mp3_details.php?video=vidtomp3.com-12240516337357.mp3 as this board may detonate. Download the MP3 and listen to this BEFORE and WHILE you read the answer and comment as it's pretty damn good and makes you feel great when you read the answer (if you are a TRUE NFL fan)...just do it dammit! LOL....It's all good though.

:shock: :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok...here goes:

67.9 is Brett the Jet Favre's 2nd lowest completion percentage after 10 games. He had one game of 55.3, but after 10 games at 7-3 his 2nd lowest completion percentage was ONLY 67.9. That shit is goddamn amazing and makes me still watch that crazy redneck. His drama is legendary.....yes...(makes him human as WE ALL FUCK UP sometimes) but damn how do you play 10 games and only have 1 game below 68% completions....that my folks means the chains are moving and he's the "IT" factor they have been missing for years.

I for one and am a HUGE Arod fan but the "IT" factor wins games and that comes with experience. I know a bunch of posters are Anti-Brett, but so be it...I can play both ways and have learned to live with the debacle that is the TT/Favre feud. I've learned to really like ARod and his good QB rating/toughness, but am shocked Brett is doing so well in a new system with that sick ass completion %. Wasn't the knock on Brett early on his accuracy? Who would think he's had 1 fucking game out of ten below 68%?? No one...Esp. in a new system...and it's not like he's throwing to RB's all the time like a noob....dude goes to his Wideouts. But still AMAZING and Magic like that great thread from last week.

This ain't a Brett glorification post/thread so drop it there haters (yea you CPK you troll ass batch) as I and we are all Packer fans baby! It's fun watching him yet as the picks are steady, but he's done enough to make the Jets a top contender in the AFC (weren't they the "toughest" conference for about a decade now??) Good luck Brett and I love ya ARod, but damn, what could have been (throw injuries, coaching, penalties out) as Brett led this team to 13-3 last year and I learned to accept the ARod reign, but damn if we wouldn't be better with more experience and a pure leader (17 years does that). Worst case scenario we get a 2nd for the Jet's Playoff run and what is it a first to getting to the SB or winning it? Tight? Esp. with this MP3 playing....makes this shit tight to hear some solid muzzak playing while I type this (or you all read/comment. Yessir.

I'm not looking back, nor am I trying to stir up debate, just was on ESPN last week and shocked to see that crazy number pop up.

Snake's Take:

The bottom line is this. We are better long term for ARod getting locked up now. Brett may have led to ARod leaving if he came back in 2008, but after seeing him nimble (for a 39 year old.....never seen that before in the NFL) this year with his fire ((damn that passion is only around for a few select athletes EVERY generation...Jordan, Gretzky, Magic, etc....name your own that were truly transcending to greatness and wins)) it's great to see the Pack move on (as I've learned to do) and yet still be able to cheer on an icon like Brett I've rallied for since I first started watching the NFL for as youth in 1989 with Magic, then Brett.

We may all agree to disagree, but that stat is pretty amazing and just shows the ability of an ICON to transcend sports at 39...shit he could play for 4 more years...I love ARod and ain't saying we need to say what-if but it's fun as a fucking NFL fan to watch this guy EVEN NOW. Even you Favre haters were Favre fans once and disregard the media hype and watch this guy play cuz this MAY FOR ONCE be his last year. I remember Montana as a kid....Jordan as a teen........Favre is in the same class...Not necessary as the greatest of all time, but one of the greatest QB's or "GAMERS" to EVER grace our presence. So enjoy it is all as life is short. Peace out and hope you enjoyed this thread!

:D :D

HarveyWallbangers
11-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Like I said, he's dinking and dunking this year.

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2008, 02:02 AM

That's all ya gotta say? Then go away. I'm ARod fan first, but show up some stats fool. We chop up game with stats He's going to the WR's first. And who care's that is some sick ass completion percentage EVER at this rate. Just had to to show up and hate didn't ya??....Not concerned as I don't have a click I can "hate with"......Yo Bretsky please regulate. Dinking and dunkin' to 7-3 record batch on a NEW system...only trying to show dude is a legend! Amazing stats and if you've obviously NEVER been a Favre fan/or cognizant to the fact he's a legend, so just then leave. Amazing stat......yet an unspectacularly unamazing post by you.......End Post. Show some stats or shut the fuck up bitch. No really END POST. I'm not trying to glorify Favre, but damn you make it look as such. Just some good stats, and some real bad attempts by yourself to look cool. FAIL.

Patler
11-23-2008, 05:29 AM

That's all ya gotta say? Then go away. I'm ARod fan first, but show up some stats fool. We chop up game with stats He's going to the WR's first. And who care's that is some sick ass completion percentage EVER at this rate. Just had to to show up and hate didn't ya??....Not concerned as I don't have a click I can "hate with"......Yo Bretsky please regulate. Dinking and dunkin' to 7-3 record batch on a NEW system...only trying to show dude is a legend! Amazing stats and if you've obviously NEVER been a Favre fan/or cognizant to the fact he's a legend, so just then leave. Amazing stat......yet an unspectacularly unamazing post by you.......End Post. Show some stats or shut the fuck up bitch. No really END POST. I'm not trying to glorify Favre, but damn you make it look as such. Just some good stats, and some real bad attempts by yourself to look cool. FAIL.

If you need a stat to confirm that he is dinking and dunking a lot more this season, look at his yards/completion stat, which is the lowest of his career and well over a yard/completion less than his career average. It shows that the passes he is completing are much shorter. But, he is playing well right now in a new offense. I give him credit for that. After throwing a few interceptions in a couple games, which really hurt, he has become much more careful.

RashanGary
11-23-2008, 08:23 AM

Troll :)

Fosco33
11-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Some other stats hit me on BF this year...

0 games with 300+ yards passing
Last time Brett went a whole season without having a 300+ yard game was 1992.

BF's on pace for ~3500 yard passing season (not too shabby for a 39 year old - or any QB for that matter) - but it'd be his lowest since 1993.

Sure, he's having a fine year and the Jets are making a good run at the playoffs (good for us). Rodgers does have amazing potential (he's doing better than Brett's '92 or '93 stats for yards, TDs, INTs, completion % and QB rating. I know, I know, different teams, different styles, varied styles (different league some would say). Still, Aaron is doing just fine.