PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen

Tony Oday
11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Fined another 25k but not suspended

LL2
11-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Good! I don't like the guy! He's a cheap shot artist.

Tony Oday
11-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I think if a person is flagged and fined for a hit on a guy that puts them out they should be suspended for the same amount of games as the guy he put out is...JMO

sharpe1027
11-19-2008, 03:00 PM
I think if a person is flagged and fined for a hit on a guy that puts them out they should be suspended for the same amount of games as the guy he put out is...JMO

As long as he is not a Packer... :wink:

I like the concept, but I don't think you could enforce it.

What do you do for career ending injuries, kick the guy out of the league for life? How about a border-line player that tries to make a comeback but doesn't make the team after the injury? Is he still out for purposes of the suspension? What if it is the last game of the year and the player misses no time, but has to rehab all off-season? No suspension? I could probably go on... :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
11-19-2008, 03:02 PM
3 questionable hits in 2 weeks. I'm not shocked, but I'm a little surprised. I'm thinking the next one will get him a suspension. Maybe he'll play more cautiously and quit hitting QBs low. Is Goodell a closet Vikings fan?
:D

Bedard says he's been fined 3 consecutive weeks. He also said he wanted to put his helmet in ARod's spine in the preseason.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/34758954.html

Tony Oday
11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
I just think that after being warned THREE TIMES with big fines he should be suspended. I like the guy think he plays hard but this is a patern now...

Yeah I understand what you are saying on not being able to enforce it but it just ticks me off when a guy takes a cheapshot at say a WR and he is out for 3 games and the Saftey with the cheapshot gets a 15k fine and nothing else...

sharpe1027
11-19-2008, 03:40 PM
I just think that after being warned THREE TIMES with big fines he should be suspended. I like the guy think he plays hard but this is a patern now...

Yeah I understand what you are saying on not being able to enforce it but it just ticks me off when a guy takes a cheapshot at say a WR and he is out for 3 games and the Saftey with the cheapshot gets a 15k fine and nothing else...

I do not understand why Allen was not suspended. Three times in two games is the most I've heard of. He must have told Goodell that he was sorry. :roll:

Lurker64
11-19-2008, 04:31 PM
I do not understand why Allen was not suspended. Three times in two games is the most I've heard of. He must have told Goodell that he was sorry. :roll:

I'm guessing that this may be his second strike, and Goodell might not go so easy on strike #3.

MadtownPacker
11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
First off why does the White player get away with shit?? He has made straight up threats IMO. I wish someone would have took him out in week 1 when he said about trying to paralyze Rodgers. Yes I know he didnt say those words but so what that is hat he implied and that is more than good enough for me. He wants to be the enemy then treat him like one and a hated one at that.

Partial
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
I really don't think any of those hits in question are particularly dirty. You see far worse every game pretty much.

Zool
11-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I really don't think any of those hits in question are particularly dirty. You see far worse every game pretty much.

You might want to check the Texans game again.

Partial
11-19-2008, 10:27 PM

You might want to check the Texans game again.

I watched those clips and I must be missing something but they don't look that dirty to me. I don't know, they look completely accidental imo.

I tend to believe that those guys don't want to hurt one another. They're all like frat brothers.

Tarlam!
11-20-2008, 12:13 AM
I am split on this. He's a good end that Tausch had under control. Was it it Cliffy that he beat sorley?

Anyway. No cheap shots against Aaron. Also, looking at the tackles, I see a competitor and not someone trying to paralyse anybody.

Harlan Huckleby
11-20-2008, 01:58 AM
I watched those clips and I must be missing something but they don't look that dirty to me. I don't know, they look completely accidental imo.

I agree. Allen plays like he is jacked-up on meth. His penalties are more from his reckless abandon, he doesn't tee-off on QBs. The NFL is a ticky-tacky penalty league, and Allen is position to get lots of ticky-tacky penalties.

cpk1994
11-20-2008, 06:33 AM

As long as he is not a Packer... :wink:

I like the concept, but I don't think you could enforce it.

What do you do for career ending injuries, kick the guy out of the league for life? How about a border-line player that tries to make a comeback but doesn't make the team after the injury? Is he still out for purposes of the suspension? What if it is the last game of the year and the player misses no time, but has to rehab all off-season? No suspension? I could probably go on... :lol:I think you could enforce it by saying the suspension occurs only in the season that the hit occurred. That way, if you caused a carreer ending injury you could come back and play.

Kiwon
11-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Bedard says he's been fined 3 consecutive weeks.

What's the record for most consecutive weeks with a fine?

]{ilr]3
11-20-2008, 07:17 AM
I thought the hit on Rodgers was flag worthy but not $25,000 worthy. The hit on Schaub I thought was so bad he should have tossed out of that game and suspended for several games that week. The guy most roll up at night with a big bag of $100 bills to help him sleep at night.

GBRulz
11-20-2008, 07:21 AM
First off why does the White player get away with shit??

Um, PacMan just got reinstated by the NFL. Your point is moot ! 8-)

3irty1
11-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Bedard says he's been fined 3 consecutive weeks.

What's the record for most consecutive weeks with a fine?

Al Harris gets fined every game for his hair covering his name.

Cheesehead Craig
11-20-2008, 09:40 AM

I agree. Allen plays like he is jacked-up on meth. His penalties are more from his reckless abandon, he doesn't tee-off on QBs. The NFL is a ticky-tacky penalty league, and Allen is position to get lots of ticky-tacky penalties.
Agree as well. He plays very aggressively and that aggressiveness puts him in bad positions.

He gets one more of those, he's likely gone for a few games.

MOBB DEEP
11-20-2008, 11:01 AM

its b/c he's white...

MadtownPacker
11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I really don't think any of those hits in question are particularly dirty. You see far worse every game pretty much.I dont care he is the enemy and everything he does wrong is magnified 10X IMO. Besides, hard to respect anyone who ears purple (sorry Ras and MNG).