View Full Version : AL the Blanket HARRIS

Bretsky
11-20-2008, 07:09 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/34788594.html

CaptainKickass
11-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Predator
Harriss-ment

whatever you wanna call him - Al has been THE man.

And you were wondering where the leadership on defense was gonna come from?

Ha!

sheepshead
11-20-2008, 09:11 AM
One of the best "pick a guy from another teams bench" acquisitions ever.

boiga
11-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Al's still my favorite Packer.

It was great to see him come back without losing a step. He doesn't just knock a receiver off his route, he throws him to the ground and laughs at him.

No one else on the team shows those kinds of moments of pure dominance as often as Harris. Now, if only he could catch a INT this season. He's the only guy among our top 7 DB's who hasn't caught an INT or scored a touchdown.

KYPack
11-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Predator
Harriss-ment

whatever you wanna call him - Al has been THE man.

And you were wondering where the leadership on defense was gonna come from?

Ha!

CWood is the bull goose back there. Usually, a safety runs DB's, but Chuck in his quiet way is the de facto captain of our back line.

oregonpackfan
11-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I think it is remarkable that the Packers have Harris back after that spleen injury. I thought for sure that he was lost for the season.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed his upper body seems more buff since he returned? Perhaps Harris had the time to do more upper body work during his layoff.

As far as the NFL playoff game where he was burned many times, much of the Giants success was not Harris' fault. For many of those completions, Harris had excellent coverage. On that windy, cold day, Eli Manning passed with uncanny accuracy. If some of those passes had been off a few inches, Harris would have knocked them away or intercepted them, IMO.

Manning just had an incredible day with his accuracy. There was nothing Harris or any other corner could have done anything about it.

rbaloha1
11-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Al Harris is a player undiminished by age. Should be able to play to at least 35 years old.

cpk1994
11-20-2008, 12:19 PM
One of the best "pick a guy from another teams bench" acquisitions ever.Shows that even Mike Sherman got one right.

3irty1
11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
I like Al Harris.

bobblehead
11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Al's still my favorite Packer.

It was great to see him come back without losing a step. He doesn't just knock a receiver off his route, he throws him to the ground and laughs at him.

No one else on the team shows those kinds of moments of pure dominance as often as Harris. Now, if only he could catch a INT this season. He's the only guy among our top 7 DB's who hasn't caught an INT or scored a touchdown.

As someone who has defended al every step of the way I loved this article....remember, its hard to pick off passes when you are so shutting a guy down the QB goes to his next read. Also he might have had the pick on hester if hester doesn't do a 2 handed push off for space.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Test him for roids. :lol:

MadScientist
11-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Al Harris is a player undiminished by age. Should be able to play to at least 35 years old.
That would be next year.

At the end of last year, and even earlier this year, there were reports that Al had nagging back injuries. Maybe the time off to let his spleen heal has helped his back recover.

boiga
11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
As someone who has defended al every step of the way I loved this article....remember, its hard to pick off passes when you are so shutting a guy down the QB goes to his next read. Also he might have had the pick on hester if hester doesn't do a 2 handed push off for space.

True, but Al should be getting more opportunities now that QB's are avoiding throwing towards Chuck thanks to his new rep as a ball hawk.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed his upper body seems more buff since he returned? Perhaps Harris had the time to do more upper body work during his layoff. Because the spleen injury was internal, Al could spend his entire break working out like a demon without risking further damage to it. According to his occasional interview with NFP, he got extremely antsy staying at home all day, and so took out his aggression at the gym. He's probably in better shape now than he has been in the last 5 years.

falco
11-20-2008, 05:57 PM
and so took out his aggression at the gym...

the girls at the cheetah club are thankful

BobDobbs
11-20-2008, 09:22 PM
True, but Al should be getting more opportunities now that QB's are avoiding throwing towards Chuck thanks to his new rep as a ball hawk.

He's definitely a shut down corner. But, I don't think that grabbing picks is really part of Al's game. He plays in the face of the receiver and doesn't come off of his guy to step in front of routes.

Now that I wrote that he's going to get a pick next game.

Fosco33
11-20-2008, 09:48 PM
'Awwh, Blanket'

'You're ignorant' - MJackson

http://media.tumblr.com/juWdWxNna9tcu7fw6uPwnPIa_500.png