PDA

View Full Version : Man commits suicide on live webcam.

Freak Out
11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Some real classy folks on those body building forums.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/justin-tv-webcam-suicide,news-3012.html

sheepshead
11-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Anyone we know I wonder?

LL2
11-21-2008, 04:56 PM
1500 people watched that crap and no one bothered to call the police? WTF! We are a screwed up generation of people that has no moral compass.

Kiwon
11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
1500 people watched that crap and no one bothered to call the police? WTF! We are a screwed up generation of people that has no moral compass.

Ditto. I'm with you.

I heard about protestors going to Wall Street this week and telling the folks to jump and kill themselves as in 1929, but this voyeuristic, "reality-show" mentality is leading people to lose part of their basic humanity.

Korea and Japan are having record numbers of suicides. It's become a group activity organized on-line. It would not surprise me if web broadcasts will follow.

In fairness to the bodybuilding forum, we had Lawyer Joe on JSO and CE sites starting threads and claiming that he had terminal cancer. Most people did not believe him, but some did and showed sympathy for the lying SOB. (Is there a penalty available for those who “cry wolf?")

The Internet brings out the drama queens that need and get instant attention. I can fault the justin.tv folks but I can't fault the BB forum guys. How do you know when someone is acting loony and when someone is serious about harming himself?

arcilite
11-21-2008, 11:08 PM
actually plenty of people called the police but police didnt believe them.

i would say i goto some 'questionable content' sites and i know the full story