PDA

View Full Version : NFC North game thread

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Vikings recover a fumble on the first play of the game and run it in for a score.

They kick, and the Vikings recover another fumble. 2 plays, 2 fumble recoveries.

Vikes 7 Jax 0

edit:

Bears 7 Rams 0

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Gotta be pretty stoked with that start.

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Now Jax loses a timeout and a challenge on top of all of this.

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Why the hell is Taylor starting????

I need AD to score some points!!!!

I hate Taylor.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Gotta be pretty stoked with that start.

They figure out how to fuck it up......LOL

HarveyWallbangers
11-23-2008, 12:11 PM
How does a center not know that the QB is in shotgun formation?

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Good question Harv.

Vikings making some nice plays....

Vikes 14 Jax 0

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:14 PM
I am really pissed off about Peterson. What the hell happened to him? I spent all morning trying to figure out how I was going to replace Winslow if he didn't play. I had no idea there was anything wrong with Peterson. God damn it!

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:16 PM
He had a knee wrap but was not on the injury list.

Team rules violation?

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:18 PM
14 yd TD run by Forte. Chi up 7-0.

HarveyWallbangers
11-23-2008, 12:19 PM
This game was over as soon as the second consecutive fumble happened. You get a team that's pretty much out of the playoff race have that happen, and it's game over. Guess I can take a nap now. This is the only game on.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Lions score on a long TD by my starting receiver Calvin Johnson.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:21 PM
This game was over as soon as the second consecutive fumble happened. You get a team that's pretty much out of the playoff race have that happen, and it's game over. Guess I can take a nap now. This is the only game on.

I'll watch it for you, have a nice nap.

Fred's Slacks

Team rules violation?

They say he has a cold. :shock:

A f-ing cold.

Take off the skirt and get out there.

Bretsky

Is AP not playing ?

Did anybody know this ??

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:22 PM

Team rules violation?

A f-ing cold.

Nah, he'd want to be there, Chilly is holding him out for some reason.

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:23 PM

Team rules violation?

A f-ing cold.

Nah, he'd want to be there, Chilly is holding him out for some reason.

Doesn't he realize there are thousands of geeks who depend on him to play?

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:25 PM

Is AP not playing ?

Did anybody know this ??

Nobody knows what is going on. He looks ok on the sideline. He was pretty banged up this week but wasn't on the injury report.

I know you guys are worried about the Vikes ground game but Taylor can handle it. :wink:

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:25 PM

Is AP not playing ?

Did anybody know this ??

Nope. He's active but is yet to see the field. The announcers say he has a cold. Ras thinks there's got to be something else wrong.

Freak Out
11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks Jville..way to implode.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:27 PM

Is AP not playing ?

Did anybody know this ??

Nope. He's active but is yet to see the field. The announcers say he has a cold. Ras thinks there's got to be something else wrong.

He lobbied to play when Harris took his knee out, I highly doubt he's sitting himself because of a runny nose.

Bretsky
11-23-2008, 12:28 PM

Is AP not playing ?

Did anybody know this ??

Nobody knows what is going on. He looks ok on the sideline. He was pretty banged up this week but wasn't on the injury report.

I know you guys are worried about the Vikes ground game but Taylor can handle it. :wink:

F'cking Vikings

I should have known better than to allow a Viking on my roster anyways :!:

Can't win with a Bear; can't win with a Viking.........bad karma :wink:

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Jax scores....Lions up 14-0

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:30 PM

Go Detroit!

Bretsky
11-23-2008, 12:31 PM

Go Detroit!

who cares about Detroit

Go Jags

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:32 PM

Go Detroit!

who cares about Detroit

Go Jags

He wants the Bucs to lose.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Peterson in the game, 1 carry 22 yards.

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 12:35 PM

Go Detroit!

who cares about Detroit

Go Jags

He wants the Bucs to lose.

Thank you Ras.

Nice to see Peterson get a carry.

I'll stop bitching now.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Longwell drains another 54 yarder!

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Lions up 17-7 now.

GrnBay007
11-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Lions up 17-7 now.

That's SO weird!! :shock:

Bretsky
11-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Longwell drains another 54 yarder!

he's money

Rastak
11-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Bears up 21-0

GrnBay007
11-23-2008, 01:00 PM
What's the Vikings score?

Rastak
11-23-2008, 01:01 PM
What's the Vikings score?

Vikes 17 Jax 10

GrnBay007
11-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks

Rastak
11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Lions 17 Bucs 14

Rastak
11-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Bucs take the lead 21-17

Rastak
11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Vikes 17 Jax 10 at the half. Scobee doobie doobie do shanks 2!

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 01:37 PM
The Vikes are getting a lot of breaks in this game.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 01:39 PM

Indeed. No team turns 'em down. Although the 2nd fumble was a strip....they made their own break there and the missed FG's are a bit lucky but when you keep 'em out of the endzone these things become possible.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Where is Tar when you need him? That Napoleon Harris fumble return looked exactly like a Rugby score off a ruck.

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 01:47 PM
The word from the sideline is that Chilly didn't start Peterson because he wanted to "Mix it up a little bit".

WTF?

Is Chilly retarded?

Seriously?

The Packers should start Flynn and Deshawn Wynn. Jennings makes too many big plays, lets start Ruvell Martin this week. Why not sit Charles Woodsen for a few series because he has clearly had too many game changing picks? Maybe we can throw the Saints off by "mixing it up". What a retard.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 01:49 PM
The word from the sideline is that Chilly didn't start Peterson because he wanted to "Mix it up a little bit".

WTF?

Is Chilly retarded?

Seriously?

The Packers should start Flynn and Deshawn Wynn. Jennings makes too many big plays, lets start Ruvell Martin this week. Why not sit Charles Woodsen for a few series because he has clearly had too many game changing picks? Maybe we can throw the Saints off by "mixing it up". What a retard.

Taylor brings a few things to the table but yea, that's pretty much retarded.

Taylor could be a feature back in this league but sitting Peterson?

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 01:49 PM

Indeed. No team turns 'em down. Although the 2nd fumble was a strip....they made their own break there and the missed FG's are a bit lucky but when you keep 'em out of the endzone these things become possible.

True, a win is a win. I'm just jealous because it never seems to happen to my team. I'm sure it does but I don't notice it then.

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 01:50 PM

WTF?

Is Chilly retarded?

Seriously?

Taylor brings a few things to the table but yea, that's pretty much retarded.

Taylor could be a feature back in this league but sitting Peterson?

Exactly. Taylor is no slouch. But its Peterson!?!?

Rastak
11-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Frerotte is taking a beating.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Bucs kicking Lions ass now.....

Bears up big time.

Cowboys look solid.

Fred's Slacks
11-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Bears up big time.

Cowboys look solid.

In other words...Every game is going the opposite of how Pack fans would like.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 02:10 PM

Bears up big time.

Cowboys look solid.

In other words...Every game is going the opposite of how Pack fans would like.

You gotta get that W Monday.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Jags are holding on for life against Allen and Edwards.

Guiness
11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Why the hell is Taylor starting????

I need AD to score some points!!!!

I hate Taylor.

FF Wienie alert

You have got to be kidding me!!!
I've got Steven Jackson, and replaced him with Taylor when SJ got hurt. 2 weeks, no production, so I pull him from my lineup this week :evil:

Guiness
11-23-2008, 02:32 PM
How does a center not know that the QB is in shotgun formation?

You would think there are some 'tactile feedback' clues to the QB being under center...

Rastak
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Rice has a helluva pair of hands....the anti Williamson.

Guiness
11-23-2008, 02:37 PM

Any news on Williamson donning the boxing gloves for a round with Chilly yet? With those hands of stone, his ex-coach better be worried!

Rastak
11-23-2008, 02:38 PM

Any news on Williamson donning the boxing gloves for a round with Chilly yet? With those hands of stone, his ex-coach better be worried!

Chilly woulda kicked his ass.

Iron Mike
11-23-2008, 02:46 PM

WTF?

Is Chilly retarded?

Sorry to bust up the Fred's Slacks/Rastak show, but when you run the "Kick-ass Offense," does it matter who you plug in which position???? :P

Rastak
11-23-2008, 02:47 PM

WTF?

Is Chilly retarded?

Sorry to bust up the Fred's Slacks/Rastak show, but when you run the "Kick-ass Offense," does it matter who you plug in which position???? :P

30-10 pal....... :)

Guiness
11-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Anyone watching KC/Buf?

Tempers flaring over there. Buffalo's up by a bunch. Lynch just ran through a pile, but got tripped up. He rolled on the ground, then got up and started running again.

A KC linebacker unloaded on him, I think just as he was raising his arms. Looked to me like some confusion, Lynch was celebrating a good run, LB thought he might not have been down. I don't think there was a whistle - but some Buffalo players took offense to the hit, and flags are flying.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 03:02 PM
This is funny as hell....Jags dragging down Viking pass rushers every play.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Looks like Vikes and Bears post road wins.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I am really pissed off about Peterson. What the hell happened to him? I spent all morning trying to figure out how I was going to replace Winslow if he didn't play. I had no idea there was anything wrong with Peterson. God damn it!

Okay, late for a team function is the final word.

Zool
11-23-2008, 03:54 PM

I doubt it. Williamson drops everything. He would drop Major Coach.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 03:55 PM

I doubt it. Williamson drops everything. He would drop Major Coach.

I figured he'd have dropped the bout.

RashanGary
11-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Now the Packers have to win to keep pace. The NFCN, with the exception of Detroit, is not that bad. I do think Minny will get the suspensions. If the NFL has a list that you can use, and tells players that going off the list can burn them and to do it at their own risk, and they go off. . . . . Well, there is no excuse IMO. I think this is lawyers trying to make a case, but at the end I think the NFL will hold firm. From here on out, players might acctually stay within the list. If you go off the list and you get something illegal, suspension. That's it. NO excuse. Stay within the list. It's as simple as that.

Partial
11-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I bet they're out next year. It will take too long with appeal, etc.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 07:43 PM
If I understand things correctly:

1) The drug in question could not legally be in the product. That's the main reason the product got pulled after this blew up.

2) The NFL KNEW the banned drug was in the product but intentionally (per their testimony) didn't add it to the banned list.

RashanGary
11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
1. The NFL has a list of supplements that are A-OK to take.

2. If a player strays from that list, they ARE responsible for their actions.

3. This group of players strayed from the list

Cut and dry IMO. I think they'll be suspended. They might have a case with the drug company, but as far as the NFL is concerned, they have a list that is safe and if you stray from that, you're done. No questions asked.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 07:59 PM
1. The NFL has a list of supplements that are A-OK to take.

2. If a player strays from that list, they ARE responsible for their actions.

3. This group of players strayed from the list

Cut and dry IMO. I think they'll be suspended. They might have a case with the drug company, but as far as the NFL is concerned, they have a list that is safe and if you stray from that, you're done. No questions asked.

Not nearly so cut and dried. Players call a number and the NFL tells you if the supplement in question contains banned substances. Word is one pleyer did that 2 years ago and was told it was clean. That make sense since the product couldn't legally contain the drug in question. Word is the NFL eventually realized it did and did not add it to the banned list interntionally.

As alluded to on pft.com, I'd sue the living piss out of my employer if they tried to pull that shit on me.

I wouldn't be so certain if I were you.

RashanGary
11-23-2008, 08:04 PM
My money is on suspensions. The lawyers are trying to make the case out of it because a lot is on the line, but at the end of the day, the players strayed from the safe list and the NFL puts all onus on a player if they stray from the list. Done deal. Suspended. Cut and dry. A part of why they didn't put that, probably among other drugs on the banned list is becuase they will not be responsible to seek out all drugs and put them on the list. They have a safe list, that is as far as they were willing to be liable and quite fankly, having a safe list is more than fair. I'm sure they'll stand strong on these guys because A. its the rule and B. maybe players will take notice and stop straying from the list. IF a player wanted to stray in the past and going forward, it is at their own risk. Done deal.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 08:06 PM
My money is on suspensions. The lawyers are trying to make the case out of it because a lot is on the line, but at the end of the day, the players strayed from the safe list and the NFL puts all onus on a player if they stray from the list. Done deal. Suspended. Cut and dry. A part of why they didn't put that, probably among other drugs on the banned list is becuase they will not be responsible to seek out all drugs and put them on the list. They have a safe list, that is as far as they were willing to be liable. IF a player wants to stray, it is at their own risk. Done deal.

We should find out this week.

RashanGary
11-23-2008, 08:09 PM
We should find out tomorrow or tuesday. The NFL supposedly doesn't like to suspend players mid practice week because it does not give the teams time to find replacements. That's why they didn't break it before Sunday. I think they'll break it tomorrow, maybe Tuesday.

Rastak
11-23-2008, 08:16 PM
We should find out tomorrow or tuesday. The NFL supposedly doesn't like to suspend players mid practice week because it does not give the teams time to find replacements. I think they'll break it tomorrow, maybe Tuesday.

Tuesday at the earliest since several Saints are involved and they play tomorrow.

Fritz
11-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Kind of sounds to me like Goodell is getting his panties in a bunch here.

The players actually seem to have a good case, based on what I've read.

boiga
11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Looks like Vikes and Bears post road wins. Assuming we win tonight, I won't complain about this. I was getting a little sick and tired of all the pundits lambasting the NFC North while lauding the crap holes that are both west coast divisions.

Hopefully, by the end of the day, 3/4ths of the NFCN will have winning records by the end of the day.