PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE FOR MVP

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 10:17 AM
alot of the talking heads agree with my geeked-up nephew (college LB). they maintain that lord favre has AT LEAST entered the debate

i like warner personally but am AMAZED that Lord came in 2nd in MVP voting earlier this year and will be gettn consideration this year at age methusalah....

thoughts

Zool
11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I think you should keep making the same threads over and over about Favre for reaction.

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 10:20 AM
I think you should keep making the same threads over and over about Favre for reaction.

FOOTBALL DISCUSSION

has nuthn to do with anything but this season's performance..

just give me your opinion, which u know i will respect

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 10:27 AM
btw Z

no one has had a problem with that cat (your boy) on here who has been spewing racial slurs but u contest a favre thread??

is it b/c im in the "miriority" that it's allowed (disrespectful/reaction-garnering posting)??

sheepshead
11-24-2008, 10:27 AM
You really need to spend your time elsewhere.

Try this:

www.nyjetschat.com

Zool
11-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Phu fuckin lease Mobb. You're the same as him. You're making these threads for reaction. This is the 3rd Favre related thread by you in a couple days. Just because you are talking about the AFC East in the others doesnt mean shit. You're talking about your Favre mancrush and seeing who reacts. I react as a joke and you get defensive. Its like our little dance. Skin throws out some racists bs as a joke and you react.

Just because his jokes are quite a bit more insensitive to you and yours doesnt really make them different. Just makes them less politically correct.

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 11:08 AM
u dont get my point?

quite simple: im talkn about favre on a packers forum and that dude is insulting an entire race

yeah, him and i are SO alike......

Zool
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Of course you dont see it. People all think their shit is more important. Do you really think Skin is serious?

KYPack
11-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Favre thread, Mobb.

Put the Favre stuff in that thread.

It ain't hard.

It's soft.

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Skin throws out some racists bs as a joke

joke? i dont know him....

who jokes like that in 2008 unless a rapport is established; if it was madtown or someone thats different

him and i have had "words" and he pulls that card? if i used streotypes about white folk would that be accepted here?

he also insulted jews, etc

believe me it doesnt impact my life but i cant get with the hypocrisy; dont hurt people with favre threads but its fine to degrade minorities?!

yeah, its the same......

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Favre thread, Mobb.

It ain't hard.

It's soft.

i know, i know

Zool
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM

who jokes like that in 2008 unless a rapport is established; if it was madtown or someone thats different

him and i have had "words" and he pulls that card? if i used streotypes about white folk would that be accepted here?

believe me it doesnt impact my life but i cant get with the hypocrisy; dont hurt people with favre threads but its fine to degrade minorities?!

yeah, its the same......

Again Mobb I WAS JOKING. Make as many of these threads as you want. And if you take anything Skin says to be even close to serious you havent read his stuff much.

You can use as many white stereotypes as you like here. I don't give a shit and most of the populace here wont either.

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM

yeah, its the same......

Again Mobb I WAS JOKING. Make as many of these threads as you want. And if you take anything Skin says to be even close to serious you havent read his stuff much.

You can use as many white stereotypes as you like here. I don't give a shit and most of the populace here wont either.

no, i havent read his stuff so maybe i misjudged

he APPEARS mean-spirited

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM

yeah, its the same......

Again Mobb I WAS JOKING.

i never said i had an issue with you directly; i was sayn that racial slurs are worse than favre threads TO ME but not to the packerrats brass

im lettn it go but i thinks its whack

cpk1994
11-24-2008, 11:46 AM
u dont get my point?

quite simple: im talkn about favre on a packers forum and that dude is insulting an entire race

yeah, him and i are SO alike......But you promised to keep Favre stuff in the Favre thread, but still continue to break that promise. Why don't you just stick to what you agreed to?

Cheesehead Craig
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Can't these threads just be locked or deleted when they get made instead of everyone complaining and the trolls getting themselves off?

BallHawk
11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Tank=Mobb.

pbmax
11-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Well, this thread has already devolved, but here is one attempt at pegging the reason for the Jet's resurgence.

Favre Is Only The Face of Jets Resurgence (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/23/sports/football/23score.html?ref=sports)

The Outsiders lay a serious claim that Faneca, Woody and Kris Jenkins are more important that you think.

BF4MVP
11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't think he'll get it..He's playing pretty well, but they're winning mainly because of their defense and running game...

I think he deserved it last year and I wish he would have gotten it because I think Warner is about to join him in the 3x MVP club :( I always thought it was pretty cool that he was "The NFL's only 3-time MVP," which is why I kept hoping that Peyton Manning wouldn't win another one..I never even thought about Warner. Who knew that he would have the type of resurgence that he's been having?

Of course, no matter what happens, Favre is still the only one to win 3 consecutive..Which is still pretty cool...

cpk1994
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Tank=Mobb.NOt quite yet. Mobb hasn't made any gay references to TT yet.

BallHawk
11-24-2008, 01:19 PM

What I mean is that Tank is Mobb. They are the same person.

MadtownPacker
11-24-2008, 01:29 PM
I am starting to believe you are trying to get a reaction Mobb. If so that's too bad cuz you said you would try to stick to the Favre thread out of courtesy to others. This has been a sensitive subject to many here but I agree that it merits discussion. Just not to the point where everything revolves around it (like sticking to one thread). If you are doing this to piss others off than thats on you. If you are doing it to get back at certain posters maybe you should think about those who you are not trying to payback.

As for the racist comments by skinbasket. I think it is bush league joking or not and it embarrasses me to post on a forum where a thread about Driver's dad sinks to that level. As you can cleary see he is not a reflection of the people I have posted with here for years. For you to take it like that would be weak and incorrect. You always talk of being the bigger man, guess what here is your chance.

Partial
11-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't think he'll get it..He's playing pretty well, but they're winning mainly because of their defense and running game...

I think he deserved it last year and I wish he would have gotten it because I think Warner is about to join him in the 3x MVP club :( I always thought it was pretty cool that he was "The NFL's only 3-time MVP," which is why I kept hoping that Peyton Manning wouldn't win another one..I never even thought about Warner. Who knew that he would have the type of resurgence that he's been having?

Of course, no matter what happens, Favre is still the only one to win 3 consecutive..Which is still pretty cool...

That raises the question of the what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Early in the season when Favre wasn't clicking with the receivers, the running game wasn't as strong, and the defense wasn't playing as well because they were on the field more.

Football is an interesting and very difficult thing to analyze because one variable changes all of the others.

He's not playing MVP well imo, but he is playing pretty damn good ball. Saying they're winning because of defense and the running game primarily is a HUGE disservice to one of the best QBs ever who is playing very well right now.

You can't honestly insert *average NFL QB* on that team and expect them to be playing nearly as well. At least in my opinion. I don't think they're above .500 with Tyler Thigpen or Billy Joe Tolliver. Hell, I'm not sure they are with Pennington.

Keeping a big fat guy like Kris Jenkins on the sideline has to keep him fresher, and as a result of that, he is likely to be more dominant. Let's keep in mind he has stunk it up the past few years, granted this is his first year in the 3-4. It's all inter-related, and fortunately for Favre, the QB of a winning team typically gets the vast majority of the credit. They also take the blame if they're bad. It's the life of a QB.

Question: If the Jets were below or at .500, how many of you would be saying Favre has been a dissapointment and hasn't had the impact they had hoped?!?!? Probably a lot.

LEWCWA
11-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Why don't you guys discuss the topic and leave the crybaby shit to your kids. I think Brett has a legitimate shot at it, if he finishes strong and the Jets finish strong.

BF4MVP
11-24-2008, 01:52 PM

That raises the question of the what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Early in the season when Favre wasn't clicking with the receivers, the running game wasn't as strong, and the defense wasn't playing as well because they were on the field more.

Football is an interesting and very difficult thing to analyze because one variable changes all of the others.

He's not playing MVP well imo, but he is playing pretty damn good ball. Saying they're winning because of defense and the running game primarily is a HUGE disservice to one of the best QBs ever who is playing very well right now.

You can't honestly insert *average NFL QB* on that team and expect them to be playing nearly as well. At least in my opinion. I don't think they're above .500 with Tyler Thigpen or Billy Joe Tolliver. Hell, I'm not sure they are with Pennington.

Keeping a big fat guy like Kris Jenkins on the sideline has to keep him fresher, and as a result of that, he is likely to be more dominant. Let's keep in mind he has stunk it up the past few years, granted this is his first year in the 3-4. It's all inter-related, and fortunately for Favre, the QB of a winning team typically gets the vast majority of the credit. They also take the blame if they're bad. It's the life of a QB.

Question: If the Jets were below or at .500, how many of you would be saying Favre has been a dissapointment and hasn't had the impact they had hoped?!?!? Probably a lot.
I didn't say he was average..I said he was playing pretty well..But I just think the defense and running game have had a bigger impact than Favre..Take yesterday's game for example..Again, FAVRE PLAYED WELL..But they rushed for 193 yards and allowed 45..That's pretty damn solid...There have been a number of games where Favre hasn't played well and the defense and running game have bailed him out..I'm just saying..For the most part he's having a good season, but I think the running game and defense are the main reason for the Jets' resurgence..Not to say Favre hasn't had an impact, because he obviously has...

cpk1994
11-24-2008, 02:23 PM

What I mean is that Tank is Mobb. They are the same person.Ok. So that means I can look forward to another edition of "TT coming out of the Closet"? :lol:

bobblehead
11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Has a QB ever won an MVP award in the same season he led the NFL in interceptions?

cpk1994
11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Has a QB ever won an MVP award in the same season he led the NFL in interceptions?Quick, someone get Patler on the case. :P

Packers4Ever
11-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Favre thread, Mobb.

It ain't hard.

It's soft.

BallHawk
11-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Has a QB ever won an MVP award in the same season he led the NFL in interceptions?Quick, someone get Patler on the case. :P

The only one who came to mind was George Blanda in '61 but he didn't lead in INTs.

red
11-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Has a QB ever won an MVP award in the same season he led the NFL in interceptions?

yes he's leading the nfl in INT's, but it seems to me that int's are down this year overall, including favre's numbers

he has 13, he's on pace for 18 or so, give or take 1. thats below or at his career average.

so even though he is leading the league, its not like he's throwing an insane amount of picks. its not like 2005