PDA

View Full Version : RAY EDWARDS: FINE “RIDICULOUS”; “MEN DON’T WEAR PANTIES"

]{ilr]3
11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow, Edwards is really a loud mouth idiot. IMO he should have been thrown out of the game for that hit on Garcia. Both teams had been warned to knock off the cheap shots and no-one got the hint apparently.

Now the hit Allen put on A-Rod was flag worthy, but not worth the fine he got. I expect he was on a verbal probation before that because of the Texans game though.

RAY EDWARDS: FINE “RIDICULOUS”; “MEN DON’T WEAR PANTIES”
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 24, 2008, 5:09 p.m. EST
Minnesota Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards was fined $25,000 for a pair of illegal hits in last week’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and he’s not happy about it.

Speaking about that fine today, Edwards called the NFL’s decision to fine him “ridiculous” and “outrageous.” And he wasn’t done there.

“No offense to women, but men don’t wear panties,” Edwards said today. “We chose to play this game. We don’t cry when we get cracked unexpectedly. That fine is what it is. Just got to go out there and play ball and have fun.”

Edwards was fined for a late hit on Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia and a leg whip on an offensive lineman. He says he will appeal the fine, and he added that while he understands why he was fined for hitting Garcia, he claims that he doesn’t even know what a leg whip is.

RashanGary
11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
I didn't see the hit, but I agree the fines are absolutely outragous. It WILL take the fun out of football if the violence gets toned down too much. Football is the last great gladiator sport. Leave it as it is.

Rastak
11-24-2008, 05:50 PM
The NFL does seem to want the QBs to wear panties.

I also agree that was a cheap shot on Garcia. I tought they might toss him.

He may talk alot but he's a pretty solid player. He just needs to not hit qbs 5 seconds after the ball leaves.

chain_gang
11-24-2008, 06:09 PM
His hit was quite late and I can understand the fine, but overall the NFL is going overboard on this. Yesterday during the Raiders vs Broncos game, they called 2 roughing the passer penalties on Thomas Howard. Both worth BS calls. He hit the QB right as or a split second after Cutler released the ball, he had no chance to pull up, nor should he have. They were good clean solid hits. It seems ever since Brady went down with the torn ACL in week 2 the NFL panicked and decided, to throw flags left and right whenever a QB takes a solid hit, clean or not. This crap needs to stop, but it won't, it all has to do with money. The faces of many teams are the QB's, and that draws ratings, which equal dollar signs. The league may as well get it over with and throw Red Jersey's on QB's and give them the ol' sandlot 5 sec. delayed pash rush rule.

CaliforniaCheez
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
The loud mouth cheapshot unproductive idiot was only fined for his cheapshot.

He can be fined for his attitude on the fine as well.

Rastak
11-24-2008, 06:13 PM
It just occured to me Ray has never met Marv Albert.

]{ilr]3
11-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I forgot that Edwards was the one who said he was going to break Michael Strahan’s Sac record this year :lol:

How's that been working for you Ed? :shock: A little bit frustrated are we? :lol:

Rastak
11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
{ilr]3]I forgot that Edwards was the one who said he was going to break Michael Strahan’s Sac record this year :lol:

How's that been working for you Ed? :shock: A little bit frustrated are we? :lol:

That was pretty funny....again, he's having a pretty decent year.

]{ilr]3
11-24-2008, 10:14 PM
{ilr]3]I forgot that Edwards was the one who said he was going to break Michael Strahan’s Sac record this year :lol:

If I was on that Defensive line with Allen and Kevin and Pat Williams I would have as many tackles simply from people running into me and falling down. Basically he is benefiting from being on clean up duty.

Ranked 106 Ray Edwards MIN DE 30 26 4 5.0 0 -- -- -- -- -- 4 1 1

Ranked 20 Ray Edwards MIN DE 38 23 15 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --

Rastak
11-24-2008, 10:59 PM
{ilr]3]

If I was on that Defensive line with Allen and Kevin and Pat Williams I would have as many tackles simply from people running into me and falling down. Basically he is benefiting from being on clean up duty.

Dude, I watch every play of every game. Are you telling me you watch stats and nothing else on defense?

I am telling you, he's having a productive year. Period. I could give a shit who helps free him up. Make plays, cause pressure. That's the name of the game. Create pressure on the QB. Ray holds up his side.

Iron Mike
11-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Last time I saw the Queens, they were whippin' our asses. :cry:

]{ilr]3
11-24-2008, 11:05 PM
{ilr]3]

Dude, I watch every play of every game. Are you telling me you watch stats and nothing else on defense?

I am telling you, he's having a productive year. Period. I could give a shit who helps free him up. Make plays, cause pressure. That's the name of the game. Create pressure on the QB. Ray holds up his side.

Geez dude relax. I am just saying who other than you even knew Edwards existed last year. For that matter who even knew he existed this year until that hit on Garcia? :shock: If he is anyone, its because of the double teams happening on the other side.

Rastak
11-24-2008, 11:15 PM
{ilr]3]

{ilr]3]

Geez dude relax. I am just saying who other than you even knew Edwards existed last year. For that matter who even knew he existed this year until that hit on Garcia? :shock: If he is anyone, its because of the double teams happening on the other side.

LOL, it's cool. I knew exactly who he was last year because he had plenty of decent plays. I expected good things this year but laughed at the Strahan stuff like everyone else. Dude can play.

]{ilr]3
11-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Yeah, your right. They are all working together this year and doing well. Sometimes its good to fly under the radar. Most people didnt know what impact Cullen Jenkins was having until he was gone.