PDA

View Full Version : We Win Next Week

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm calling it.

]{ilr]3
11-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, i think we win. Texans will be a good game too. I am sure when we Travel to Jacksonville they will actually show up and play instead of handing over 14 points in the first 2 mins of the game. Why cant teams just roll over and die for the Packers like they do for the bears and the vikings? :?

Bretsky
11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
At Least the Badgers won this week

BallHawk
11-24-2008, 11:01 PM
It's a big reward, no risk situation for ya, Harv. If the Pack win than you look good. If the Pack lose.....I think this forum will have only a handful of posters of which none will be talking about anything but April 2009.

]{ilr]3
11-24-2008, 11:01 PM

And the Hawkeyes baby! That was some awesome ass kicking they put on the gophers :P

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2008, 11:02 PM
It's a big reward, no risk situation for ya, Harv. If the Pack win than you look good. If the Pack lose.....I think this forum will have only a handful of posters of which none will be talking about anything but April 2009.

That's the beauty of it. I love me some me.
:D

BallHawk
11-24-2008, 11:05 PM

You know that when we're celebrating a win over Cal Poly in November things are pretty grim.

Fred's Slacks
11-24-2008, 11:06 PM

I don't consider that a win. I am especially pissed at the lineman that threw his helmet and acted like they just won the Rose Bowl. You won because the other team missed 3 extra points. If they had my kicker from my High School team they would have won.

Bretsky
11-24-2008, 11:07 PM

You know that when we're celebrating a win over Cal Poly in November things are pretty grim.

And when we're talking about draft position and free agency in 09 for Green Bay things are even more grim

pbmax
11-24-2008, 11:08 PM
In a nearly real sense, they didn't win at all. Calls for Coach B's head have reached fever pitch after that game.

And unlike Harvey, I have no idea what to expect out of this Packer team.

Bretsky
11-24-2008, 11:09 PM
In a nearly real sense, they didn't win at all. Calls for Coach B's head have reached fever pitch after that game.

And unlike Harvey, I have no idea what to expect out of this Packer team.

He doesn't know what the hell he's saying either :lol: :lol: :wink:

cpk1994
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
At Least the Badgers won this weekAfter this weekend, I am starting to believe the Packers and Badgers are having a contest to see whoose DC is more inept. Doeren is giving Sanders a real run for his money.

cpk1994
11-25-2008, 09:22 AM

I don't consider that a win. I am especially pissed at the lineman that threw his helmet and acted like they just won the Rose Bowl. You won because the other team missed 3 extra points. If they had my kicker from my High School team they would have won.Yeah, shame on kids for showing some emotion winning a game they battled long and hard in. Especially a Senor who was playing his last game at Camp Randall. :roll:

cpk1994
11-25-2008, 09:23 AM

And unlike Harvey, I have no idea what to expect out of this Packer team.Actually the calls have been for Doreren, the DC's head more than Beilema's.

Joemailman
11-25-2008, 10:16 AM
The Packers seem to play well when they get their backs to the wall, so there is some reason to think they will bounce back Sunday. Their problem is that they haven't been able to build on a big win by stringing together consecutive strong performances. Time is running out...

denverYooper
11-25-2008, 10:33 AM
The Packers seem to play well when they get their backs to the wall, so there is some reason to think they will bounce back Sunday. Their problem is that they haven't been able to build on a big win by stringing together consecutive strong performances. Time is running out...

Bingo.

Fred's Slacks
11-25-2008, 05:10 PM

I don't consider that a win. I am especially pissed at the lineman that threw his helmet and acted like they just won the Rose Bowl. You won because the other team missed 3 extra points. If they had my kicker from my High School team they would have won.Yeah, shame on kids for showing some emotion winning a game they battled long and hard in. Especially a Senor who was playing his last game at Camp Randall. :roll:

Do I need to explain this?

Okay. :roll:

They beat Cal Poly by 1 point in overtime because their kicker missed three extra points. Sure, celebrate the win. What that guy did was embarrassing. I'm sorry but throwing your helmet and running into the middle of the field with your arms up? To me that's show boating when you didn't even deserve to win. Show some class. You play in the Big 10 for a program that is supposed to be one of the best. You should stomp that team and be resting your starters by the 4th quarter. You should have been beaten if the other team had even a high school quality kicker.

BobDobbs
11-25-2008, 05:52 PM
I think we have a good chance next week. This week we ran into an offense that could call our bluff. If we want to play Man defense we need to have a better pass rush, but we don't have the personnel.

We've lost KGB, C. Williams, and Jenkins from last years rush and we've replaced none of them. This loss was a killer. We may still win our division, but we are not a contender or a dangerous playoff team. That is apparent.

Freak Out
11-25-2008, 06:39 PM

They beat Cal Poly by 1 point in overtime because their kicker missed three extra points. Sure, celebrate the win. What that guy did was embarrassing. I'm sorry but throwing your helmet and running into the middle of the field with your arms up? To me that's show boating when you didn't even deserve to win. Show some class. You play in the Big 10 for a program that is supposed to be one of the best. You should stomp that team and be resting your starters by the 4th quarter. You should have been beaten if the other team had even a high school quality kicker.

The Mustangs are better than you give them credit for Slacks.

channtheman
11-25-2008, 06:45 PM

I agree with Slacks on this one. Cal Poly shouldn't even be in our league. It seems to me that BB didn't take this seriously and the players followed course. I didn't get to watch the game so I don't know how well we played, but to win because of missed PATs leads me to believe we weren't prepared for this game.

Fred's Slacks
11-25-2008, 08:43 PM

Maybe Cal-Poly is really that good. Regardless, that's how you celebrate when you win a bowl game, or beat a big conference rival not smaller school you never play. Anyway, I think I'm just crabby from the game yesterday. I'll get off my soap box now.

Iron Mike
11-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Anyway, I think I'm just crabby from the game yesterday. I'll get off my soap box now.

Go ahead and throw down.....it's more interesting than the standard PR bitchfest. :P

]{ilr]3
11-26-2008, 08:03 AM
{ilr]3]

And the Hawkeyes baby! That was some awesome ass kicking they put on the gophers :P

I was listening to CNN this morning and they reported that a man and women were caught having sex in the bathroom at the dome during this game while other people stood around and watched. The real shocker is the man (28) and woman(38) were not arrested. He was turned over to his girl friend and she was turned over to her husband! :shock:

One person commented "That must have been a fun drive home!" :lol:

Fritz
11-26-2008, 08:22 AM
The only thing that could make that story better is if one of the onlookers was listening to the game on the radio at the same time and updating the rest of the crowd.

]{ilr]3
11-26-2008, 09:35 AM
The only thing that could make that story better is if one of the onlookers was listening to the game on the radio at the same time and updating the rest of the crowd.

Or better yet if the Woman was married to a Gopher fan and the Guy was a Hawkeye fan. The Husband Gopher fan gets screwd twice (and his wife once) on his trip to the dome! :lol:

Patler
11-26-2008, 09:45 AM
{ilr]3]

Or better yet if the Woman was married to a Gopher fan and the Guy was a Hawkeye fan. The Husband Gopher fan gets screwd twice (and his wife once) on his trip to the dome! :lol:

How soon before the videos show up on the internet? If a crowd was watching, a video exists somewhere!

cpk1994
11-26-2008, 11:02 AM

I agree with Slacks on this one. Cal Poly shouldn't even be in our league. It seems to me that BB didn't take this seriously and the players followed course. I didn't get to watch the game so I don't know how well we played, but to win because of missed PATs leads me to believe we weren't prepared for this game.The team was prepared. The offense, in the little time it had, moved the ball at will. The probelm was the defense and it wasn't for lack of prep. Doeren was so scared of his unit getting gashed on the pitch plays that he lined his front seven wide every time with his LB's 5-7 yards back. Even after getting gashed in the middle repeatedly, Doeren refused to adjust to try to take that away. The players were prepared. The problem was , Doeren is an incompetent DC at the D1 level.

GBRulz
11-30-2008, 03:29 PM
say what, Harv?

Bretsky
11-30-2008, 03:45 PM
If Harvey will make four more threads just like this one we may have a top 10 draft pick :lol: :wink:

red
11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
If Harvey will make four more threads just like this one we may have a top 10 draft pick :lol: :wink:

should we try and lose out to get a better pick?

we had this same discussion during the 4-12 year

maybe we can get Michael Johnson now. i think he'll be a freak