PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU do? #2

GrnBay007
06-29-2006, 10:06 PM
let's hear it

-

Fosco33
06-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I'd just walk up to them and calm down the situation - they're probably just drunk and stupid. There wasn't a choice for that one.

BTW- I did this (either b/w guy/girl or guy/guys many times at Madison and only a few times did it turn ugly).

Bretsky
06-29-2006, 10:29 PM
what Fosco said; this poll was too thought provoking for me anyways.

GrnBay007
06-29-2006, 10:34 PM
I'd just walk up to them and calm down the situation - they're probably just drunk and stupid. There wasn't a choice for that one.

BTW- I did this (either b/w guy/girl or guy/guys many times at Madison and only a few times did it turn ugly).

I thought I could edit it and add that choice but I can't. The scenerio though is the 4 guys appear to be thugs.....not your run of the mill argument after the bars close.

With these polls you are really limited in the amount of space you have for the question.

-

Scott Campbell
06-29-2006, 10:55 PM
It depends. How hot do the girls look?

Scott Campbell
06-29-2006, 10:56 PM
And yeah, I'm kidding. I'd help - unless they were Bear fans.

Bretsky
06-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Hot Grailees; I'd take out the four guys and charm them back to the Holy Grail .............if I was single again

GrnBay007
06-29-2006, 10:58 PM

LOL ........the new brand of macho......is she worth getting my ass whooped?

-

HarveyWallbangers
06-29-2006, 11:06 PM
LOL ........the new brand of macho......is she worth getting my ass whooped? -

Honey... that ain't new.

MadtownPacker
06-30-2006, 01:40 AM
If they are in a dark alley they are likely prostitutes and the harrisment you think you are hearing is 2 of the males negotiating a price with each prostitute's pimp.

RashanGary
06-30-2006, 02:45 AM
I'd probably call the cops and tell them. I was outside a bar, pretty buzzed up with a few friends. Some guys were pushing eachohter around and bumped into my now wife. We told them to get the hell away and the next thing I know, my buddy is being choke slammed, the women are piling in the car and it's me and my buddy in an after bar fight. We broke away and jumped in the car with the doors still open as we fly away..Dudes are throwing shit at the new Grand Prix.....

Point is, drunk losers have nothing to lose and just want to fight. Unless your carrying a knife or gun, stay away because you don't know how senselessly drunk the person you are dealing with is. I think it would be a good idea to carry mase or something. I wouldn't want to stab anyone or anything like that. I sure as hell don't want to get in some fight with 2 or 3 drunk losers. I'd feel pretty good about masing
their asses and then walking away though.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2006, 04:36 AM
Of course, it's easy to be daring in a hypothetical, but I can't imagine walking away without confronting them, even if the police have been called.

I'm not too worried about a fight. I'm a big guy, and so are most of my friends. When people see me, they don't know that I'm generally an idle threat.

CaptainKickass
06-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I picked "shout out that I'd called the cops" because it was the closest thing. I would call the cops if it seemed necessary, but then I'd hang out and make my presence known. People tend to get nervous over some dude standing and watching with a cell phone who doesn't say a word.

I have been known to butt into situations like this and live up to the "kickass" portion of my name when necessary but I much prefer diffusion and "psych" tactics over physical confrontations.

Partial
06-30-2006, 01:45 PM
[quote="GrnBay007"
I thought I could edit it and add that choice but I can't. The scenerio though is the 4 guys appear to be thugs.....not your run of the mill argument after the bars close.

With these polls you are really limited in the amount of space you have for the question.

-[/quote]

What do you want added? I can give it a whirl

pacfan
06-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Walking down a dark alley with a buddy, hmmm....

I'm not calling the cops 'cause you can't guarantee I won't get busted, but I would jump in even if "they look like thugs" (been accused of that a few times in my life).

Iron Mike
06-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Who needs the cops when you've been training to be a cage fighter???

http://scribbleking.typepad.com/reviews/images/napoleon_dynamite.jpg

BallHawk
06-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Is one of the girls Tank's fantasy babe?

woodbuck27
07-05-2006, 04:18 AM
Well you being the Lady and all and even if your with a gentleman companion this one is real easy.

Your not going to walk into that mess and lay on any sass.It's the girls you have to worry about. It could be you and buddy - against six. Not cool odds unless you are trained to defend if needed.

Licquor and friends and late at night, and after bar hours often gets that way. Don't intrude personally.

Walk to a safe place and then report what you saw to the police as a precautionary measure.That will ease any nagging doubt.

Little Whiskey
07-05-2006, 12:44 PM
thats what the gun rack is for!! :mrgreen:

i'm usually the one trying to difuse these type situations, and i usually don't think far enough in advance to call the cops.

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I'd probably call the cops and tell them. I was outside a bar, pretty buzzed up with a few friends. Some guys were pushing eachohter around and bumped into my now wife. We told them to get the hell away and the next thing I know, my buddy is being choke slammed, the women are piling in the car and it's me and my buddy in an after bar fight. We broke away and jumped in the car with the doors still open as we fly away..Dudes are throwing shit at the new Grand Prix.....

Point is, drunk losers have nothing to lose and just want to fight. Unless your carrying a knife or gun, stay away because you don't know how senselessly drunk the person you are dealing with is. I think it would be a good idea to carry mase or something. I wouldn't want to stab anyone or anything like that. I sure as hell don't want to get in some fight with 2 or 3 drunk losers. I'd feel pretty good about masing
their asses and then walking away though.

Very true, you never know if that drunk batard might be me.

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I guess if you feel comfortable in your habitat feel free to do anything. I have a bit more courage say in the city of Madison, than in the city of Milwaukee. I ain't afraid of no ass whooping, but I really don't want to be shot.

At the same time you can confront the situation from a distance, no need to thrust yourself into danger, Usually your presence will be enough. Don't be rude, or threatening, just be assertive,and comanding

Tony Oday
07-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Nutz makes a point. If I was back in my college town I would jump in with my buddy and put an end to it because WORSTE case scenario we get an arse kicking.

In Minneapolis I would go to one of the 500 cops downtown and point it out because I do NOT want to get shot :)

mraynrand
07-08-2006, 02:01 PM
If you have numb-chuck skills and bowhunting skills - not to mention computer hacking skills - you jump into the fray and kick some ass. Then you get the girl(s).

007 - if the guys have weapons, you call the cops and monitor the situation until they arrive. If it's four on one, you can talk to the guys, but you're just asking o get your ass kicked for no benefit. If you've got equal number of buds with you, you confront the guys and if they don't lay off, enter the fray!

woodbuck27
07-08-2006, 06:57 PM
[quote="Tony Oday"]Nutz makes a point. If I was back in my college town I would jump in with my buddy and put an end to it because WORSTE case scenario we get an arse kicking.quote]

Now take it back to that town and time, and weigh this.You might be considered a hero ( wanna be hero) and get laid too.