PDA

View Full Version : Lions good in a few years ..LOL

steve823
11-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Really though think about it. They willl have the # 1 pick overall this year plus there high pciks for all t he other rounds. Then add in the 1, 3, and 5 Dallas gave them and if they have the right personell this draft can change their team around.

Partial
11-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Dude, they have picked high for how many years in a row :D

They'll never be good. It's the culture there!

Patler
11-26-2008, 07:33 AM
I think they also got a 3rd round pick for Shaun Rogers, didn't they?
Or was that in the 2008 draft?

Edit: Answered my own question. That pick was already in 2008.

Fritz
11-26-2008, 08:14 AM
I think they face a crucial offseason. I think, given the "culture" there, they really, really need to bring in someone like Scott Pioli and give him free reign (or is it "rein"?).

The current guy, Martin Mayhew, might be brilliant. He did engineer the Roy Williams trade. However, he's a part of the losing past. So it'd be tough for him to shake it up the way it needs to be.

And if they keep Mayhew, and he keeps Marinelli, then fuhgettaboutit.

cheesner
11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Dude, they have picked high for how many years in a row :D

They'll never be good. It's the culture there!
But Millen was doing the picking. Therefore, they were getting 3rd round talent with high 1st round picks.

When the new GM takes over he has to clean house. Get rid of players who are used to loosing, and get some new competitive blood. Trade that top pick, get a boatload of 2nd rounders and restock those shelves. Expect to be bad for a year and marginally competitive for 2 more, and then kick some butt.

cpk1994
11-26-2008, 10:43 AM
I'd like to ask Tom Jackson how that "Lions will win the NFC North" prediction is working out for him.

Dabaddestbear
11-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Dare I say, they will eventually be good. And they will be the main movers and shakers in the next upcoming draft. What they do will dramatically affect all other teams. I say they trade a third round pick or better to get a key playmaker on defense. and then get Cassel, and address that O-line.

God forbid if they pick another WR...EVER!

Guiness
11-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Steve,

Many here (I'm among them) think the high picks are a more of a hinderence than a benefit.

Those picks guarantee one thing - that you're going to spend a lot of money on a player who hasn't seen an NFL field.

See: Cinncinati Bengals :roll:

Dabaddestbear
11-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Steve,

Many here (I'm among them) think the high picks are a more of a hinderence than a benefit.

Those picks guarantee one thing - that you're going to spend a lot of money on a player who hasn't seen an NFL field.

Thats why I insist that they trade some of those high picks away for proven veterans that can immediately help the team.

Guiness
11-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Great idea Baddest. First trade they can make is that second they got for Rogers, another pick and a young player for Pickett, who they'll renegotiate with. They have a hole in the middle now, and he's a proven veteran!

Unfortunately for the Lions, and fortunately for the rest of us in the division, this is the type of trade for a vet I'd expect out of them.

cheesner
11-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Steve,

Its a gamble. Occassionally, though, there is a Peyton Manning or an Elway sitting there who can dramatically make your team better for over a decade.

Guiness
11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I think we can all agree that the Kitties are more of a Leaf/Blackledge as opposed to a Manning/Elway type of team?

/admitting I had to use google to find Blackledge's name/

red
11-26-2008, 02:39 PM
in all fairness to the lions

they were the ones that drafted barry sanders instead of tony "the roid"

steve823
11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
I didnt say use em. They can do so much with it. They can trade them for players or if they trade down to get a few more picks...

Freak Out
11-26-2008, 07:25 PM
They need to clean house big time. What's his name in Notre Crap is going to get the boot and he would be a start.

TravisWilliams23
11-26-2008, 08:18 PM
in all fairness to the lions

they were the ones that drafted barry sanders instead of tony "the roid"

Red, the Lions lucked out on Sanders because Tony Mandarich was already picked by the Pack before they got to draft. You're giving them way too much credit for doing something right!

KYPack
11-26-2008, 10:13 PM
I think we can all agree that the Kitties are more of a Leaf/Blackledge as opposed to a Manning/Elway type of team?

/admitting I had to use google to find Blackledge's name/

I'm amazed Google even had Todd's name in it!

oregonpackfan
11-26-2008, 10:45 PM
I doubt if the Lions will be good in my lifetime! :lol:

Maybe the forum young'uns like Partial might see it someday, providing they live to their 90's. :)

SnakeLH2006
11-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Easily the best thing is Millen is no longer calling shots. Yet, it's hard to chastise a dude sipping top-grade Mararitas on beach saying hey" I was the GM of an NFL team" and getting top notch deepthroats from EVERY available seniorita on some exclusive beach right now. :shock: 8-) :D

Tony Oday
11-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Well the Lions need a lot. They have one weapon on Offense. This team needs to revamp both lines. There are so many holes I mean really where do you begin?

Patler
11-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Well the Lions need a lot. They have one weapon on Offense. This team needs to revamp both lines. There are so many holes I mean really where do you begin?

I will be honest, I have basically ignored them this year. They had 5 picks in the top 100 this past draft. How are they doing?

steve823
11-28-2008, 02:34 AM
Man I wish TT would trade up I think its time..we got all our young talent and we dont need 100 lower round picks anymore. We just need a dominant DT or DE, or OL, or CB ...lol.

Fritz
11-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Ryan Grant - 6th round pick

Aaron Kampman - 5th round

Cullen Jenkins - undrafted free agent (I think)

Johnny Jolly - 6th round pick

Mark Tauscher - 7th round pick

Etc, etc.

MJZiggy
11-28-2008, 07:27 AM
You forgot Donald Driver, dear.