PDA

View Full Version : I have seen the defacation......

CaptainKickass
11-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Big 'ol, honking, stinkaaay, steaming-fresh pile with a few kernels of undigested corn (this is also known as "Poop-Corn" for you undereducated kids)

I couldn't bring myself to even look at this site until today. We got our asses handed to us - BIG TIME. I think I even saw "The King" from the burger king commercials running into the lockerroom with the Packers at the end of the game. "You've been served" - and no... it certainly was not "ON".

What I did see, and really pisses me off - was ZONE COVERAGE!!! WTF!!!! How can a team "hang their hat" and profess to be the best Man to Man/ Bump and Run coverage unit come out and play the #1 ranked passing offense with ZONE!?!?

When we did play man.... I saw NOBODY getting a "Bump" on anyone, much less a bonafide "Jam" at the line. In fact, I saw repeated attempts at playing 5yds+ "off" by the CB's and LB's when in man coverage.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

God I am so frickin pissed, my post is starting to look like something from Woodbuck!!!

DAMMIT!!

Oh yeah - happy turkey day everyone.

crosbiegrad
11-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I almost ripped my hair out when Lance Moore took that first reception all the way, of all the players on the field why did we blitz Woodson and stick Bigby in zone? I like Bigby but lets face it, coverage is not his thing and Chuck does far more good jumping routes and taking picks to the house.

red
11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
yeah, the zone coverage has me scratching my head too

Freak Out
11-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Fuck.......

arcilite
11-26-2008, 05:38 PM
I thought this was gonna be a Najeh Davenport thread

Rastak
11-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I thought this was gonna be a Najeh Davenport thread

In a sense it is.

KYPack
11-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Well, that was the blitz half the forum has been bleating for all year. & guess what? it ain't no solution.

If you blitz a corner, you have to play a zone on the weak side. Both safeties totally fubar-ed their coverage & Lance Moore left a trail of burnt turf to the end zone.

Drew Brees read the corner blitz perfectly (99% of the time, the blitzing corner is the QB's responsibility) and smoked one right in there.

When you blitz, you are covering up a weakness and exposing your D to the big play. All that shit happened to us Monday night.

The Gunshooter
11-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Well, that was the blitz half the forum has been bleating for all year. & guess what? it ain't no solution.

If you blitz a corner, you have to play a zone on the weak side. Both safeties totally fubar-ed their coverage & Lance Moore left a trail of burnt turf to the end zone.

Drew Brees read the corner blitz perfectly (99% of the time, the blitzing corner is the QB's responsibility) and smoked one right in there.

When you blitz, you are covering up a weakness and exposing your D to the big play. All that shit happened to us Monday night.

It absolutely had nothing to do with the blitz! It took 4 Packers to screw that up. The MLB, the SAM, and both safeties broke down. Watch the damn film. Because Collins and the linebackers were out of position Bigby had to cover two receivers with no help and then when he should of made a saving tackle, he whiffed.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=highlights

CaptainKickass
11-27-2008, 01:47 AM
There were also several plays where I noticed defenders out of position....

One of them was the touchdown pass where AJ pointed at Poppinga to go one way just before or at the snap of the ball. Poppinga obviously didn't see the instruction, and that left the opponent streaking by Hawk. Of course he attempted to cover the guy, but you could see on his face that he knew the coverage was broken and it was already too late.