PDA

View Full Version : Football Pools

GrnBay007
06-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Last season a pretty large group of us from JSO participated in a confidence pool through yahoo. No money involved. Winner got bragging rights in the forum. 2005 champ - Esoxx!

I plan to get one together for this season. For those that participated, were you happy with the yahoo pool? Or is there another site you thought was better? I can't imagine with a pool like that making a huge difference what site you use, but wanted to ask.

Will also try to get together a challenge pool, or some call it King of the Hill....I know there are other names for it. That one would be directly through this forum (I hope) if there is enough interest.

-

MJZiggy
06-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I wasn't here last year. So tell me, how does it work?

GrnBay007
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
I wasn't here last year. So tell me, how does it work?

The confidence pool - you pick which teams you think have the best chance of winning each week. You assign each a number based on the confidence level you have of them winning.......best shot at winning = 12 points (depends on how many games are being played that week) ....least chance of winning = 1 point. There is a winner each week and then yahoo also keeps track of total points for a end of the season winner.

-

GrnBay007
06-29-2006, 10:29 PM
The other pool.....King of the Hill (I know Bretsky has another name for it), you pick one winner each week. If you lose you are out for the season. OR some play it that you can lose twice before you are out for the season. Some play that you can only pick each team once and others play it that you can pick any team each week (with duplicates) .

-

MJZiggy
06-29-2006, 10:38 PM
The other pool.....King of the Hill (I know Bretsky has another name for it), you pick one winner each week. If you lose you are out for the season. OR some play it that you can lose twice before you are out for the season. Some play that you can only pick each team once and others play it that you can pick any team each week (with duplicates) .

-
I should last one week in this one.

GrnBay007
06-29-2006, 10:43 PM

-
I should last one week in this one.

I love that pool. Every year I get in to one for $. The largest one I was in the pot was 3,000. that was stressful.....lol I made it till the end but that was a weird year and there were several people left at the end so they took a vote to either split it or go into playoffs. The vote was to go into playoffs and I lost that first week. :sad:

anyway, they are fun.

-