PDA

View Full Version : The ex-wife...appreciated, feared, or scorned?

Kiwon
11-26-2008, 08:06 PM
(Caveat: I am happily married with no personal experience with ex-s...)

But, as a casual observer, I have to admire those women (evil geniuses) that know how to stick it to their former husbands.

Case in point: The former Mrs. Bruce Pearl

Exhibit A: http://thebiglead.com/?p=3313

Exhibit B: Bruce Pearl's ex-wife opens a nail salon called Alimony's

When Bruce Pearl's divorce from his wife of 25 years was announced last September, it didn't take long for pictures of the Tennessee basketball coach cavorting with young ladies to hit the Internet. Now, his ex-wife is getting her revenge.

Kim Shrigley, Pearl's former wife, recently opened a nail salon in Knoxville with the monthly money she gets from her ex-husband as part of their divorce settlement. The shop is appropriately (and awesomely) named Alimony's.

As the Knoxville News Sentinel reports, Shrigley's new business will offer a full-range of hair and nail options just a few miles down the road from the University of Tennessee. This could present an awkward, Three's Company-esque situation one day because Bruce Pearl totally gets manis and pedis at least twice a week. The odds of him stumbling into Alimony's after going to the same strip mall for his spray tan are pretty high.

The story is ripe with goodness, from Shrigley's use of the word "ballsy" to the video of her head stylist (who's named Bubby Browning). Shrigley says that those who receive alimony will receive a 15-percent discount at her shop, thus ensuring that Pat Summitt's husband will be in for his highlights by the end of the month.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Bruce-Pearl-s-ex-wife-opens-a-nail-salon-called-?urn=ncaab,124860

oregonpackfan
11-26-2008, 10:42 PM
The ex-wife may have her life shortened by smelling the fumes of a nail salon, IMO.

Last year, my wife and daughters received gift certificates to a nail salon. I went in to pick them up. I found the smell of the nail polish(acetone?) was downright overwhelming! I couldn't imagine working there and breathing that work atmosphere.

GrnBay007
11-27-2008, 12:38 AM
The ex-wife may have her life shortened by smelling the fumes of a nail salon, IMO.

Last year, my wife and daughters received gift certificates to a nail salon. I went in to pick them up. I found the smell of the nail polish(acetone?) was downright overwhelming! I couldn't imagine working there and breathing that work atmosphere.

I know...ick! The place I go from time to time for this service the employees there wear one of those little nose/mouth masks the guys wear when working with insulation. I'm thinking hmm....should I be wearing one?

Freak Out
11-27-2008, 02:10 AM
The little 3M dust masks will do nothing for you in an environment like that.
Show up with a nice dual cartridge organic vapor or Acid/Gas respirator and freak them out.

MJZiggy
11-27-2008, 11:03 PM
I wonder if she'll be offering those new fish pedicures. Yuk.