PDA

View Full Version : THE FLIP SIDE: THE OVERACHIEVERS

denverYooper
11-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Good thread by Bretsky on the underachievers. Who are the overachievers or, at least, those have maintained a right ship in troubled waters?

The Overachievers? The Falcons. The perfect segue here from under- to overachiever is Michael Turner, picked in FA from the underachieving Chargers. Mike Smith and company seem to have instituted one hell of a wholesale change. Those guys have really turned a joke of a program around. They can block. They can run. They can pass. They can rush the passer. They don't starve dogs so that they will try to eat each other. No way would I have expected such things from the durrrty birds. I like 'em.

The Bucs, Colts, and Pats continue to play well despite their roster adversity. That's got to be a credit to their programs and the culture they've established.

The Bucs must have one of the older rosters in the NFL and they're schoolin' guys 10 years their junior with a bunch of castoffs. YARRRRR!

The Pats lost Tom Brady, their secondary has been looted, their LBs are ancient or nobodys and they're still in any game.

The Colts receivers are aging, Manning limped around for 5 games, Sanders the mythical perfect safety has been injured forever, their O-Line has been ravaged, and they are still an AFC powerhouse.

Bretsky
11-26-2008, 08:37 PM
I think of the Falcons right away; new staff and QB and everything about them looks good.

TB...well...just a smart and well coached team all around...can we swap DC's ?

In the AFC

Gotta say the Patriots--- BB is a great coach

Might say the Jets- I'm surprised Favre has seemingly mastered the offense and it appears Free Agency has worked for the Jets

Miami- like the Jets, they just look much better than I expected

to think a final game of Jets vs Dolphins could have playoff implications for both teams is flat out stunning

Guiness
11-28-2008, 03:01 PM
to think a final game of Jets vs Dolphins could have playoff implications for both teams is flat out stunning

:wow:

You're probably right - it could be a "winner's in" game. I didn't realized they played the final week of the season.