PDA

View Full Version : Turkey day games thread

Rastak
11-27-2008, 11:44 AM
This just in, the Lions suck.

]{ilr]3
11-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I know they usually play thier guts out in T-day, but its hard to imaging them winning this one. If they do though there wont be anymore talk about taking T-day away from them. Atleast until next year :lol:

I think the Cowboys are the ones who sure have it taken away. What a crock of shit that the highest revenue team gets a feature game like this every year at home.

Rastak
11-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Hanson and Calvin Johnson are studs though.

red
11-27-2008, 11:56 AM
they have got to take this game away from the lions

the place is like 25% empty.

if lions fans don't want to watch their shitty team, why should the rest of us have to?

plus i think it takes a lot of fun away when the game is played in a dome. get it outside, where it belongs for one of the most watched games of the year. i want to see the elements

Rastak
11-27-2008, 11:58 AM

if lions fans don't want to watch their shitty team, why should the rest of us have to?

plus i think it takes a lot of fun away when the game is played in a dome. get it outside, where it belongs for one of the most watched games of the year. i want to see the elements

I could care less if I can see the sky while the game is going on, I just want to see a good game. I don't think we will but it's early.

edit: * sigh *

denverYooper
11-27-2008, 12:00 PM

I could care less if I can see the sky while the game is going on, I just want to see a good game. I don't think we will but it's early.

And it's 14-3... Man, is their defense bad.

Freak Out
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Detroit is bad. Stinkers big time.

denverYooper
11-27-2008, 12:03 PM
The crowd got mildly excited on that 32 yard runback.

red
11-27-2008, 12:03 PM

see, but you're a fan of a dome team. you've gotten use to seeing the game played in a dome. i find all games in domes boring. the lighting looks blah, there no wind to screw with passes or kicks, the field looks blah, and i enjoy games with rain or snow

and it doesn't help when the fans are so quiet like they are today

Rastak
11-27-2008, 12:08 PM

see, but you're a fan of a dome team. you've gotten use to seeing the game played in a dome. i find all games in domes boring. the lighting looks blah, there no wind to screw with passes or kicks, the field looks blah, and i enjoy games with rain or snow

and it doesn't help when the fans are so quiet like they are today

I will agree that when the elements are extreme it makes for some interesting situations, so maybe I do agree with you a bit.

Attending games though, I'll take 70 degrees to the game I saw in Chicago where I spent a large portion of the game just trying to stay alive.

denverYooper
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Chris Johnson is averaging a tidy 21 yards per carry.

KYPack
11-27-2008, 12:12 PM
I've had some great times at Packer games in Chi.

But I never, ever wear Packer stuff.

Most of the shit seems to happen in the parking lot, (after you've paid 300 dollars to park) or going into the joint.

red
11-27-2008, 12:16 PM
i think cbs needs to switch to something more entertaining

like a test screen

KYPack
11-27-2008, 12:18 PM
OK Ras,

Let's hear your anti-Pepper screed!

Rastak
11-27-2008, 12:19 PM

Most of the shit seems to happen in the parking lot, (after you've paid 300 dollars to park) or going into the joint.

Oh no, the people were fine, it was zero and the wind was howling and my beer kept freezing and I was certain my feet were frostbitten. That is anything but fun.

Rastak
11-27-2008, 12:19 PM
OK Ras,

Let's hear your anti-Pepper screed!

Actually he's got defenders all over him, he's got no chance.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-27-2008, 12:20 PM

Say it ain't so? I know where ever I go as a fan I always wear my teams colors. Case in point, wearing Volunteer gear in Gainesville or Tuscaloosa. I would wear Packer gear to a Chicago game, it couldnt possibly be that bad. Where is the southern in you KY?

KYPack
11-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Somewhere,

Fritz is happy.

red
11-27-2008, 12:25 PM
13 yard punt out of you own endzone

nice

Bretsky
11-27-2008, 12:26 PM
THE NFC NORTH SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COUNT THEIR TWO WINS AGAINST THE LIONS; IT'S UNFAIR TO THE REST OF THE NFL

denverYooper
11-27-2008, 12:27 PM
I give thanks that I'm not a Lions fan.

red
11-27-2008, 12:31 PM
the nfl needs to relegate the lions, and bring up a team like USC or the Miami Hurricanes

both of those college programs have more pro talent then detroit has

28-3, and we just started the 2nd quarter. this is sad

i might have to turn this game off pretty quick

TennesseePackerBacker
11-27-2008, 12:33 PM
The sad thing is that if the NFL does take away Thanksgiving from the Lions it kills a chance for the Packers to be in the game as well. I've gotta say, being able to watch the Packers about every 3 years on average on Thanksgiving is pretty good.

denverYooper
11-27-2008, 12:35 PM
If I'm in the audience at the Silverdome, I just chugged a beer after that play.

red
11-27-2008, 12:41 PM
If I'm in the audience at the Silverdome, I just chugged a beer after that play.if i'm at ford field, i would have started chugging beers 2 days ago

Rastak
11-27-2008, 12:44 PM
If I'm in the audience at the Silverdome, I just chugged a beer after that play.if i'm at ford field, i would have started chugging beers 2 days ago

You know it.

Bretsky
11-27-2008, 12:45 PM

The only thing that could possibly make the Lions worse is Bob Sanders :lol:

Bretsky
11-27-2008, 12:46 PM
As a Misc Note, Orange Juice Coston was signed by Oakland about two weeks ago, and cut yesterday

Rastak
11-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Are the Lions worse than the Bucs of 1976?

Rastak
11-27-2008, 12:56 PM
A bone for the very bored Packer fan. This a very cool site.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/

Freak Out
11-27-2008, 01:06 PM

I think so....after watching this so far.

Freak Out
11-27-2008, 01:14 PM

I had forgotten Spurrier was the starting QB.

KYPack
11-27-2008, 01:14 PM
As a Misc Note, Orange Juice Coston was signed by Oakland about two weeks ago, and cut yesterday

This is kind of the "Juice" era. We keep young lineman around far too long, based on potential. Every once in ahwile, Juice would flat out blow people up, but it was every six plays.

Rastak
11-27-2008, 01:20 PM

I had forgotten Spurrier was the starting QB.

yea, his final year. They drafted one of the greatest running backs I ever saw in college football with their 1st overall pick from this winless season. Ricky Bell. He didn't put up big numbers in the NFL and died at age 27 of a rare condition which attacked his heart.

oregonpackfan
11-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't put it past the Lions owner, ______ Ford, to travel in his personal corporate jet to Washington D.C. and ask for a bailout of his team. :roll:

Bretsky
11-27-2008, 02:12 PM
At least I had Rob Bironas and Chris Johnson in one of my money FF Leagues

Rastak
11-27-2008, 02:19 PM
At least I had Rob Bironas and Chris Johnson in one of my money FF Leagues

Last week of the regular season and I am top scorer by 9. If I win top points the bonus is $150 and the only guy I have today is Calvin Johnson......comon garbage time points!

]{ilr]3
11-27-2008, 03:20 PM
A bone for the very bored Packer fan. This a very cool site.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/

Great site! Thanks

Rastak
11-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Good thing the second game is exciting.

:roll:

BallHawk
11-27-2008, 04:44 PM

I don't think so. The Bucs were laughably bad. They didn't just lose, they lost in humiliating ways.

The Lions just suck.

Freak Out
11-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Horrible games so far.....you would think the Iggles and Cards would raise it up a notch...we'll see.

denverYooper
11-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Horrible games so far.....you would think the Iggles and Cards would raise it up a notch...we'll see.

Warner's raising it up a notch. 2 picks so far.

MateoInMex
11-28-2008, 11:40 AM

Good thing I had a sock drawer that needed sorting out.

GrnBay007
11-28-2008, 11:48 AM

Good thing there was no dishwasher where we were for Thanksgiving, so I could wash dishes for two hours.

:P

KYPack
11-28-2008, 12:26 PM

Good thing there was no dishwasher where we were for Thanksgiving, so I could wash dishes for two hours.

:P

Up in the UP?

Or out in the wilds of Whiskey Rapids?