PDA

View Full Version : Deepest junior draft (EVER)

RashanGary
11-29-2008, 03:12 PM
With the NFL getting closer and closer to a set rookie payscale similar to the NBA, NCAA players with higher NFL potential draft status have a much higher than usual reason to enter the draft early.

There should be a record number of early entrants, with juniors being talked about at or near the first round being the most aggressive.

Hopefully the Jets can finish off this run with a playoff appearance because this could be a year where a late 2nd is more like a late first with the deep top-end of the draft pushing the usual guys back. This could also be a year where picking 16th is more like picking 10th.

We need talent at a few very important areas (DL, OT). This might be a year where filling those all important parts of the team is possible. YOu hate to have a down year, but there might be a silver lining if the turtle can nail down a couple big picks in what should be a very deep and strong draft.

3irty1
11-29-2008, 03:34 PM
So basically the lions have first three picks are like having three in the top 15? Yikes.

RashanGary
11-29-2008, 05:16 PM
This draft, as a whole, should be really deep with the extra junior talent. HOpefully we can nail down a couple 300+ lb studs on the lines.

Partial
11-29-2008, 05:41 PM
This draft, as a whole, should be really deep with the extra junior talent. Hopefully we can nail down a couple 300+ lb studs on the lines.

Doubt it. Last year was a really good draft. Three years ago was. From everything that I've seen, I'm not seeing the same talent level. The top 10 should be pretty stacked with big names (not necessarily big players) like Tebow, Harrell, Bradford, etc

RashanGary
11-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Terrance Cody and Everette Brown look like really good Dlineman that are in our area of the draft (assuming we don't make the playoffs).

Then there are a couple big time OT prospect being listed in the middle of round 1 as well.

I prefer the DL, but if we draft an OT high, that will really help solidify an Oline that I think is about to hit it's stride. I really want to add defense, but a ball control offense can be a good defense as well. I think a young stud LT would go a long way toward cleaning up some of our run game issues. We're running the ball OK this year, but it would be nice to have more of a NYG type running attack and with that we would have to replace both Clifton and Wells.

LL2
11-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Terrance Cody and Everette Brown look like really good Dlineman that are in our area of the draft (assuming we don't make the playoffs).

I do not want to think about not making the playoffs yet. At least not for a couple weeks. I don't want a 16th pick in the 1st rd. I do hope the Packers get some real studs with our 1st and the two 2nd rounders we will have next year (assuming TT doesn't trade them for 7th rd picks).

red
11-30-2008, 08:33 AM
every draft looks like a deep draft until 1 year after the draft

then it just looks like a draft

denverYooper
11-30-2008, 09:32 AM
HOpefully we can nail down a couple 300+ lb studs on the lines.

Interesting carpentry metaphor.

Rastak
11-30-2008, 09:35 AM
HOpefully we can nail down a couple 300+ lb studs on the lines.

Interesting carpentry metaphor.

Perhaps TT has a stud finder.