PDA

View Full Version : Wolf to re-surface?

KYPack
11-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Former Packers G.M. Ron Wolf is on a list (a list of other old dudes, evidently) that are being considered by the Lions for their GM spot, or maybe for the Presidency abdicated by Matt Millen.

Also on the list circulated by PFT are ex Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi, former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly, former Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe, and Chiefs V.P. of player personnel Bill Kuharich, who previously served as G.M. of the Saints.

There's not a lot of tread left on several of these guys. It would take a President gig to get Wolf back in harness for instance.

MJZiggy
11-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I thought Wolf got out because he didn't like the direction the NFL was taking. I could see him take the presidency, but not a GM gig over there. Unless he's REALLY into challenges...

Fritz
11-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I think maybe the game has passed him by. I don't know, it just seems when he gets interviewed in the last year or two he's more interested in protecting his legacy than anything else.

I'm no Mike Sherman fan, but I do believe that awful Jamaal Reynolds/Robert Ferguson/Bawoh Jue/Torrance Marshall draft was still under Wolf's watch, though I think he's claiming he let Shermy run that draft.

Sorry, dude. I think you were still the GM.

DonHutson
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I think maybe the game has passed him by.

Therefore, he would be a perfectly natural fit.

KYPack
11-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I think maybe the game has passed him by. I don't know, it just seems when he gets interviewed in the last year or two he's more interested in protecting his legacy than anything else.

I'm no Mike Sherman fan, but I do believe that awful Jamaal Reynolds/Robert Ferguson/Bawoh Jue/Torrance Marshall draft was still under Wolf's watch, though I think he's claiming he let Shermy run that draft.

Sorry, dude. I think you were still the GM.

Figuring out who was GM for that draft is like trying to figure who killed somebody in the mafia. Everybody has a theory, but nobody knows for sure.

I think it was Wolf, with the Sherm peering over his shoulder.

When it happened, I thought it was a great draft. Marshall just played in a bowl game where he tore ass up.

One of the better days of my time as a Packer fan was when I decided to hate the Ferg like everybody else.

Felt like one of the boys, ya know?