PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod's best game

Partial
11-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Dude was lights out in the second half. I didn't see the first half of the game, but the second half he played about as picture perfect as you can short of the final INT.

MM called a great second half which was aggressive and allowed A-Rod to display his skills. He used the middle of the field, and the difference in tempo/swagger the offense had was very apparent to anyone who watched the game.

I hope MM continues calling entire games like this. For the first time this year, the pass opened up the run I felt. I don't think we missed a beat from Favre in the second half of this game, and thats the first time I've felt that way all year.

Kudos to MM for some excellent, agressive second half play calling, and to Rodgers for executing well and using all of his weapons and attacking the middle of the field.

cap360
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
all we need to do now figure out how to get the defence to stop anybody

Cheesehead Craig
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
True that. Kid grew up a lot today

]{ilr]3
11-30-2008, 03:25 PM

The ST need to actually stop a return before the 50 yard line and get one of our own past the 20! :evil:

channtheman
11-30-2008, 03:32 PM
I thought McCarthy called a good game today for once. There was play actions and they were working and Rodgers was clicking. However, MM took the ball out of Rodgers hands at the end of the game. I don't know why though. After Jackson ran down inside the 1 we needed to line up and play action a TD. Would have worked and would have won us the game.

Yes the defense sucks and can't stop teams when it matters and the ST looks awful too, but MM needs to know that at that point with your defense and ST not doing anything, that you have to go for the TD.

GBRulz
11-30-2008, 03:33 PM
I agree. Up until the very last throw. stupid, stupid.

gbgary
11-30-2008, 03:37 PM
they needed first downs. there was too much time left to get desperate and make that throw. he's forgiven...if he learns from it. MM isn't forgiven for the one-yard-line ego feasco. he needs to go.

Noodle
11-30-2008, 03:42 PM

I worry about this. As well as he played, this should be a confidence booster. But I'm worried he's going to start doubting whether he can win one at the end of the game. My guess is that this game goes down as a net negative as far as his confidence is concerned.

oregonpackfan
11-30-2008, 03:43 PM
True that. Kid grew up a lot today

Rodgers displayed a lot of maturity in coming back strong against last week's poor performance.

A big part of Rodgers' success is that he had more time to set up and pass. When he gets good pass protection, Rodgers makes excellent throws.

bobblehead
11-30-2008, 04:54 PM

I worry about this. As well as he played, this should be a confidence booster. But I'm worried he's going to start doubting whether he can win one at the end of the game. My guess is that this game goes down as a net negative as far as his confidence is concerned.

300 yds, 3TD, 31 points. Time of possession that owned the 4th quarter....if his confidence is hurt by this, he never had any to start with.

denverYooper
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM

300 yds, 3TD, 31 points. Time of possession that owned the 4th quarter....if his confidence is hurt by this, he never had any to start with.

2nded. I think he's quickly showing up as a team leader. 3 picks last week and he comes back to do almost as much as you could ask... Some impatience at the bitter end, but if the D gets a stop then people start talking about how Rodgers really played like a leader today.

pbmax
11-30-2008, 05:46 PM
{ilr]3]

The ST need to actually stop a return before the 50 yard line and get one of our own past the 20! :evil:
I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I think its clear M3 and his O coaches have fixed what ailed the offense. But its an open question on the D side of the ball what it will take.

LL2
11-30-2008, 05:51 PM

Yup...I'm sure he even would like to take that throw back.

A couple things though...towards the end of the game they showed stats on the screen that Jennings was thrown to 15 times and he caught 8...makes me wonder if Jennings should have caught more of those passes or if Rodgers was off a little.

Another thing I saw that made me like Rodgers more is that he ran down the field and made a great block for Jackson on the one play that Jackson got a lot of yards. Not too many QB's do that.

Noodle
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I think Rodgers played a great game, and like I said, he should take away some confidence from his performance. You know his teammates appreciated his toughness, both mental and physical.

But the fact is, he has not pulled one out at the end. Of course he will, but until he does, I'm hoping he doesn't have to face a bunch of questions about whether he can from the press.

RashanGary
11-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Rodgers is one of the bright spots this year. There has been some drop off, but he's young and he keeps showing signs of being a winner (if he only had a defense that could get a stop or two per half).

I'm really disappointed in the defense. It's been a tough year, but there are some signs of good things to come.

Brandon Jackson/Ryan Grant
Colledge/Spitz/Sitton look like a damn good interior for many, many years to come
Aaron Rodgers
Jordy Nelson/Greg Jennings/Donald Driver

The whole offense is pretty good and should only grow as Rodgers matures.

Ted is absolutely going to have to get that defense fixed. That is all on Ted. LT is fast becoming a problem too. He's going ot have to find an answer there.

pbmax
11-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Everybody just be careful on the Sitton bandwagon. He got pushed around on some run plays and will need time. Its clear the coaches think he will be a starter, but he is not lights out yet. He looked like the OL equivalent of Harrell in that way, as JH got pushed back everytime he stood up and was too high.

As for Tackle, Clifton had some problems with Peppers, but most tackles get killed by him for the last year. Tauscher got an even bigger whipping when Julius went to LDE. In fact, the last INT was on a play Peppers beat Tauscher inside and forced Rodgers to flee to his right if I am not mistaken.

ND72
11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
{ilr]3]

Helps when there is holding all over the place on the last kick return for carolina, and nothing gets called. Corey Hall had the corner contained, but the guy blocking him had 2 fists full of jersey, so he couldn't get out to shut the corner down.

RashanGary
11-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Everybody just be careful on the Sitton bandwagon. He got pushed around on some run plays and will need time. Its clear the coaches think he will be a starter, but he is not lights out yet. He looked like the OL equivalent of Harrell in that way, as JH got pushed back everytime he stood up and was too high.

As for Tackle, Clifton had some problems with Peppers, but most tackles get killed by him for the last year. Tauscher got an even bigger whipping when Julius went to LDE. In fact, the last INT was on a play Peppers beat Tauscher inside and forced Rodgers to flee to his right if I am not mistaken.

Yes, Sitton wasn't dominate by any stretch but he wasn't moved around any easier than Scott (mini-me) Wells. In all honestly it was probably an even switch with one guy being a fuckin rookie at a tough position for a rookie to play. To me Sitton gets a big gigatuon edge in upside based on him being equal to mini-me who is supposed to be in his prime. It's time for that switch adn while Sitton isn't a probowler in his rookie year, I think we've seen enough young lineman come through here to know when one is pretty damn good out of the gate. Sitton always gets a block on and while he's not moving the pile just yet, he'll get a whole hell of a lot stronger and techniquely sound after he gets out of his rookie year. I'm not sitting around here peeing myself in glee about all of the postives on this Packer team but I'm not going to sit here and act all depressed because sitton is only "OK" as a rookie because he should only be expected to suck ass at this point in his development.

His play was certainly a bright spot when you consider the usual pattern of improvement from players his age and experience level and the darn solid starting point compared to many that came before him and compared to the mini-me center who is in his physical prime and in the system for three freaking years.

pbmax
12-01-2008, 12:04 AM
{ilr]3]

Helps when there is holding all over the place on the last kick return for carolina, and nothing gets called. Corey Hall had the corner contained, but the guy blocking him had 2 fists full of jersey, so he couldn't get out to shut the corner down.
I saw that too. Strange since that's usually a call the refs get every time. And it wasn't a judgment call either, he had 'em good.

LL2
12-01-2008, 10:18 AM
{ilr]3]

I saw that too. Strange since that's usually a call the refs get every time. And it wasn't a judgment call either, he had 'em good.

I clearly say holding as well, and I'm not that great at catching holding penalties. I thought it was pertty obvious.