PDA

View Full Version : Wells...

packers11
11-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Should be benched permanently... Spitz looks better every time he is out there than Wells...

Just an observation...

Thoughts?

Partial
11-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Agree. Cut the midget. Nice guy and a good team player, but he is undersized, and we cannot continue to expect our midgets to beat other teams men.

Noodle
11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
There have been a number of folks on this board in favor of benching Wells and giving the starting job to Spitz. I don't know why the Packers have stayed with the guy for so long.

Brando19
11-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Agree. Cut the midget. Nice guy and a good team player, but he is undersized, and we cannot continue to expect our midgets to beat other teams men.

:lol: Wow...harsh!
But I agree...Wells needs to go. Main focus this offseason, DL and OL.

Joemailman
11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
With Spitz and Sitton in there, you saw part of the future of the Packers OL. Eventually, Colledge and Barbre will be the LT and LG, or vice versa.

red
11-30-2008, 03:53 PM
i would agree with spitz in the middle. he is a better center then guard. and he's better then wells

The Gunshooter
11-30-2008, 04:09 PM
No more short armed midgets please.

Gunakor
11-30-2008, 05:08 PM

He'd be a serviceable backup at center. I wouldn't cut him unless I really needed the roster spot for another player. Who would back up Spitz if Wells were let go?

pbmax
11-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know if it was JUST the bad shotgun snap or did something else happen? Curious, because until that point, the running game seemed OK. Sitton got moved around a lot in the run game. He will learn, but he's young.

wist43
11-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Why did Wells get benched???

red
11-30-2008, 05:46 PM

they said he hurt his head. probably got it stuck up his ass

it came right after he sent the snap well over rodgers head

Patler
11-30-2008, 05:47 PM

Concussion. I think it might have happened on the play before the bad snap, but I'm not sure.

Noodle
11-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Concussion. I think it might have happened on the play before the bad snap, but I'm not sure.

That would 'splain some things.

From listening to the game, the Rock noted a couple of times before Wells got pulled that he was getting beat.

RashanGary
11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
I was really happy with Sitton too. He really locked on his guy and did just enough each time. He's a rookie. He'll get better, but if his rookie year is his worst year he has a really high starting point. I get a really good feelign about Sitton.

Now we need to start getting the tackles locked down.

DL = #1 priority
OT = #2

Fritz
11-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know if it was JUST the bad shotgun snap or did something else happen? Curious, because until that point, the running game seemed OK. Sitton got moved around a lot in the run game. He will learn, but he's young.

It was the short arms.