PDA

View Full Version : Most heartbreaking loss?

Fosco33
11-30-2008, 03:57 PM
They all hurt in one way or another. Pack had a legit shot vs. TEN, MN and CAR. With a division loss, I would say MN but with the comeback/loss it has to be the Panthers. This team is so frustrating to watch.

Week 5 - Arod coming off a bad game at Tampa - nearly pulls one out but loses 24-27 to the Falcons. Threw a late INT that led to a TD. Made a comeback attempt but missed an onside kick.

Week 9 - With a chance to beat the undefeated Titans at home, Packers are forced to punt with 2 minutes left from the Titans 45. Game goes to OT and Pack doesn't even have a chance to win it. 16-19

Week 10 - Coming off a tough loss, Packers give up huge yards to AP but make some big plays on defense. ARod's infamous 'illegal forward pass' in the endzone goes a long way... but so does a 50+ yard miss by Crosby. 27-28

Week 13 - Needing a win to stay one game back, the Packers played lights out in the 2nd half after making some big mistakes earlier (Wells/Rodgers fumble, Collins missing a fumble recovery). Packers have a shot to go up a TD with time running out - but elect to go with two running plays on 2nd and goal. Settle for a FG. Give up another huge kickoff return (questionable no call for block in the back) and another big catch by Smith. 31-35.

BallHawk
11-30-2008, 04:00 PM
This game. When you can't score from the 2 yard-line and then you give up a huge KR and a two-play TD drive it's basically as choke-ish as you can get.

This loss is how I will remember this season.

denverYooper
11-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Had to go with today. It's fresh. That, and I really thought that they were going to pull it out and make a glorious playoff run when they started to roll in the second half.

denverYooper
11-30-2008, 04:01 PM
This game. When you can't score from the 2 yard-line and then you give up a huge KR and a two-play TD drive it's basically as choke-ish as you can get.

This loss is how I will remember this season.

Holy shit, their coverage on kick returns sucked.

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2008, 04:02 PM
I was at the Falcons game. Otherwise, any close loss to the Vikings would hurt worse than the rest.

DonHutson
11-30-2008, 04:05 PM
The Vikings.

Because it was the Vikings.

And because of the fishy circumstances (phantom safety, AP's helmet-gate).

And because if you reverse that game, and the Vikings win tonight you're back to a three way tie regardless of the other heartbreaking losses.

pack4to84
11-30-2008, 07:00 PM
I still haven't recovered from the viking game.

Fritz
11-30-2008, 07:04 PM
The Falcons game. It was a WTF game. I know the Falcons turned out to be better than people thought - but when the Packers couldn't stop the Falcons' run game when everybody in the stadium knew the Falcons were going to run at the end, well, that sucked. And set the tone for this whole lousy year.

gbgary
11-30-2008, 07:15 PM
none of the losses broke my heart but i'll have to vote for today as the most disappointing loss as it was a must win game. to fight back like they did, for AR to give it up like he did, to hold the panthers to nothing in the second half just to have two coaches piss it away. i'm done with mm after today.

RashanGary
11-30-2008, 07:20 PM
The Saints. Watching that game I realized this team was doomed. The DL is junk. Pure plain and simple. We will not win with these guys so that broke any emotional investment I had in this team. I gave up. Today I was acctually pulling for a close loss but a great day from Rodgers because for some reason I'm really pulling for him now.

MadtownPacker
12-01-2008, 02:26 AM
I would say the Falcons game but that would only be because I was there. If I went off of what the game meant I say today because it was likely the playoffs hopes dagger. I didnt expect the season to effective end this early.

The Gunshooter
12-01-2008, 03:11 AM
None of the above.

When Dallas was just pounding GB on the ground and Sanders wouldn't bring the 8th man up to stop it, I knew right there the season was toast.

Bossman641
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Yesterday

The Panther game was a perfect microcosm of the entire season - inconsistency and being unable to make the big play when absolutely necessary.

If you looked at the game in certain instances you would see how good this team can be - the defense in the 3rd quarter, the offense in the second half. But when it all comes down to it, the team just couldn't get it done when it counts.

CaliforniaCheez
12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
The Vikings.

Because it was the Vikings.

And because of the fishy circumstances (phantom safety, AP's helmet-gate).

And because if you reverse that game, and the Vikings win tonight you're back to a three way tie regardless of the other heartbreaking losses.

Ditto

It cost much more than a conference loss. It helped launch the viklings who were down before that.

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2008, 06:42 PM
The Panther game was a perfect microcosm of the entire season - inconsistency and being unable to make the big play when absolutely necessary.

Panthers got lucky. Woodson is the best player on the field for the Packers on either side of the ball. 95 times out of a hundred he knocks down that hail mary pass at the end of the game. This time he mistimes his jump.

IT was a close game, Packers won most of the battles but CArolina won the war. Could have gone either way. I really don't read too much into it.

]{ilr]3
12-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I still haven't recovered from the viking game.

I am still pissed about the Vikings game, but not heart broken. Both teams played like shit but someone had to win. I wish it would have been us though.

I voted for the Titans game. Great game plan and very well played. One less mistake or fate giving us the ball first in OT and we would have won a biggie!

Packers4Ever
12-01-2008, 10:48 PM
The Saints. Watching that game I realized this team was doomed. The DL is junk. Pure plain and simple. We will not win with these guys so that broke any emotional investment I had in this team. I gave up. Today I was acctually pulling for a close loss but a great day from Rodgers because for some reason I'm really pulling for him now.

Gotta agree with you, JH, I think ARod has something going for him too
and maybe it'll be next year he'll break loose and be "the man."
Considering his short time playing ball, he's really doing great !!

Fosco33
12-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't agree with the Saints or Cowboy losses. Looking at the schedule preseason, you'd say those were likely losses.

But a previously terrible Atlanta team - should win that at Lambeau
Carolina - should win that at Lambeau

The Vikings, albeit a division rival, it should be a 50/50 game even though the Pack has had success in the Dome recently.

To me disappointment is a kin with heartbreak - but heartbreak is when you either have something in the bag or have a sudden loss. That's why the Titans and Panthers losses have the slight edge on the Vikes.