PDA

View Full Version : When it's crunch time......

PA Pack Fan
11-30-2008, 04:18 PM
he falls apart.....ARod that is. Maybe he's watched BF (the all time best choker) fall apart too many times.

I'm not blaming him for the loss, and I know he's young and will learn, but holy crap..... calm down! He played a great game until that. All it takes is one good throw, not this desperation chuck and duck.

I swear it was BF at the end.

channtheman
11-30-2008, 04:25 PM
I thought this was going to be "when it's crunch time, MM falls apart." McCarthy never goes for what your team needs. We need a FG, he punts. We need a TD, he kicks a FG. We need a first down on 3rd and 10, he calls a screen (that we rarely execute). MM needs to get his head out of his ass or he's gonna get fired.

DonHutson
11-30-2008, 04:31 PM
He led them back from two separate 11 point leads the D spotted them. He shouldn't need to bail them out at the end. Yeah, that pass sucked and you'd like to see him overcome that one last bit of adversity, but he was hardly the main problem today.

denverYooper
11-30-2008, 04:32 PM
he falls apart.....ARod that is. Maybe he's watched BF (the all time best choker) fall apart too many times.

I'm not blaming him for the loss, and I know he's young and will learn, but holy crap..... calm down! He played a great game until that. All it takes is one good throw, not this desperation chuck and duck.

I swear it was BF at the end.

He shouldn't have been going for the homerun with 2 timeouts and 1:30 left, that's for sure. And that is a learning thing. I thought he played pretty brilliantly up until then. I haven't seen him go over the middle so much before but he did it with success.

If nothing else, he should have been trying to burn off clock so that the D didn't have to come out and inept it up again.

digitaldean
11-30-2008, 04:55 PM
This one is shared three ways
1.) MM playcalling
2.) Special teams coverage ineptitude
3.) D giving up the big play

It's been alluded to in previous posts about MM trying to make a point with the 3 running plays. I'd have to agree.

I don't pin this on Rodgers. Yeah the heave-ho at the end wasn't thought through, but it should have never come to that.

If Stock and Frost don't already have their bags packed, someone should do it for them so they can hit the road the minute the Lions game is finished.

b bulldog
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM
The D gave up 86 points in two games, foolish post!

denverYooper
11-30-2008, 05:13 PM
If Stock and Frost don't already have their bags packed, someone should do it for them so they can hit the road the minute the Lions game is finished.

Good thing Tatum Bell is back in Denver, he'd steal 'em.

pbmax
11-30-2008, 05:39 PM
And bulldog wins the thread. And McCarthy was trying to kill the clock, not prove a point.

dissident94
11-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Just because you play a brillant game doesn't mean you just chuck one up. If Favre did that you would be all over him.

Get your head out of Rodgers ass for once and admit he threw a stupid pass.

And the original post said Rodgers was not to blame.

When did this guy become untouchable.

The game was lost on special teams, defense, and playcalling AND RODGERS STUPID PASS

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2008, 05:55 PM
I love how biased most have become. I'm guessing many of the people ripping Rodgers for his mistake often defended Favre in the same situation. I'm guessing many of the people defending Rodgers ripped Favre in the same situation.

I'll say the same thing as I said when we had games like this with the previous QB. The last pass was not good, but Rodgers played well enough to win. The QB shouldn't have to be perfect for our team to win a game. I blame others for this loss.

PA Pack Fan
11-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey, the thread sez....WHEN IT"S CRUNCH TIME!

So lets not assume this is to a thread to point fingers. Enough blame to go around yet again.

But seriously, 2 more downs and a minute and a half! Totally do-able ARod, just relax ....live to play another down!

He was shredding the d all afternoon.

I swear it was a classic Favre end to the game.

I hope he learned something today.

dissident94
11-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Down 4 with 1:30 to play. How many times will Rodgers face this in his career. Well he better handle it better.

I hated everytime Favre threw up a freakin stupid pass. The difference is he made up for it at times by winning many close games. Right from the start of his career. How many close games has Rodgers pulled out

pbmax
11-30-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't expect a first year starter to be at his best at crunch time. On the list of problems, he is far down the list right now. I am not excusing the INT, but its not the team's biggest problem.

bobblehead
11-30-2008, 06:33 PM
This one is shared three ways
1.) MM playcalling
2.) Special teams coverage ineptitude
3.) D giving up the big play

It's been alluded to in previous posts about MM trying to make a point with the 3 running plays. I'd have to agree.

I don't pin this on Rodgers. Yeah the heave-ho at the end wasn't thought through, but it should have never come to that.

MM called a game that netted 31 points....he tried to punch it in for several reasons, one of which was to eat the clock if we failed.

Special teams were NOT special.

Maybe we can sign that RB from the lions (I think) who stole the dudes bag. Tell him if he can get away with all of frosts and stocks belongings he gets a bonus.

bobblehead
11-30-2008, 06:33 PM

Good thing Tatum Bell is back in Denver, he'd steal 'em.

Doh, I should have kept reading before posting!!

bobblehead
11-30-2008, 06:34 PM
And bulldog wins the thread. And McCarthy was trying to kill the clock, not prove a point.

Doh, I REALLY should read thru before posting.

Fritz
11-30-2008, 07:07 PM
I think it's legitimate to criticize the D and ST in this thread. The title has to do with "crunch time," and isn't it crunch time when your team pulls ahead with only a few minutes left, and it's up to the ST and D to make a stop?

That counts in my book as crunch time, and both the ST and D got crunched.

RashanGary
11-30-2008, 07:10 PM

No shit. AR is doing really well. Brett's a great player. We miss him. But the Packers are not losing because of Rodgers. We're losing because Montgomery, Jeremy Thompson, Jason Hunter, Justin Harrell and Pettway are no where near as good as Jenkins, Corey Williams, KGB (when he had 9 sacks in the first 8 games last year) and Colin Cole (who was just a couple play per game stop gap, not a freaking 50 snap per game regular).

Zool
11-30-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't expect a first year starter to be at his best at crunch time. On the list of problems, he is far down the list right now. I am not excusing the INT, but its not the team's biggest problem.

Xactly. I'll take this out of a first year starter all day.

dissident94
11-30-2008, 08:31 PM

No shit. AR is doing really well. Brett's a great player. We miss him. But the Packers are not losing because of Rodgers. We're losing because Montgomery, Jeremy Thompson, Jason Hunter, Justin Harrell and Pettway are no where near as good as Jenkins, Corey Williams, KGB (when he had 9 sacks in the first 8 games last year) and Colin Cole (who was just a couple play per game stop gap, not a freaking 50 snap per game regular).

Good post. Rodgers isn't the main reason we are losing. Still a stupid pass.

The Leaper
11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Dumb pass...but I concur with the notion that we have far larger issues on the team to deal with before we are a legit title contender again.