PDA

View Full Version : Who do we want to win tonight? Vikings or Bears?

channtheman
11-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Okay, I know it's a longshot that the Pack make the playoffs and I doubt it will happen, but let's just take a quick look at this. Here is the Packers, Bears, and Vikings remaining schedules:

Packers
Houston
@ Jacksonville
@ Chicago
Detroit

Bears
@ Minnesota
Jacksonville
New Orleans
Green Bay
@ Texans

Vikings
Chicago
@ Detroit
@ Arizona
Atlanta
New York Giants

The Vikings divisional record so far is 2-2 with games against the Bears (tonight) and Detroit left. The Bears are 3-1 with games against the Packers and Minnesota (tonight) left. And the Packers have a divisional record of 3-1 with games against the Bears and the Lions.

Now I think the Packers have the easiest schedule the rest of the way, but can this team really string together 4 wins in a row? Doubtful. But assuming that they can, who do we want to win tonight. I think that we want the Bears to win to keep the Vikings from going up 2 with us not playing them anymore, even though they may have the hardest schedule left. Divisional records don't really matter because if we win out, then we are 5-1 in the division and that is better than the others.

The Vikings would be 6-6 if they lose. They would then only have to lose 1 more game to have 7 losses and with games against the Cardinals in Arizona, the Falcons, and the Giants, I definitely see them losing at least one of those. So they would be 9-7 for the season, same as Packers.

As for the Bears, winning tonight puts them at 7-5. If we beat them since that would include us winning out they have 6 losses and now would need one more loss which may be hard considering they get New Orleans at home, the one team that I think has the best chance of beating the Bears. I think that the Bears manage to lose one more of their remaining games putting them at 9-7 as well.

Thoughts? Who do you think needs to win tonight?

Brando19
11-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Go Vikings! The Vikings have a lil' tougher schedule than the Bears. I believe the Falcons, Cards and Giants will beat the Vikings. The Bears would be one game ahead of us if they lose and if the Packers win out and the Bears lose one more game, we're in (assuming the Vikings lose three more.

RashanGary
11-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Honestly, I don't care. I'm a fan, but I want championships not playoff appearances and I truely believe the Packers have no chance with their current defense and with Rodgers being so young and not able to handle the road like he will as he gains experience.

With that said, I really don't want to make the playoffs just to lose. I'd rather see us get a higher 1st rounder and 2nd rounder in this draft that is supposed to be very deep (esspecially with pass rushers and left tackles yet again).

I think with Sitton replacing Wells we have a good, strong interior offensive line. The real problem now is that defensvie line. We need a great draft and maybe a free agent on the DL (in a free agent pool that should be decent for the first time in a while). If we can solidify that unit and Rodgers progresses the sky is the limit but right now we just don't have the horses so I'd rather lose so they realize the DL sucks and so we have more recources to try to fix it.

DonHutson
11-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Vikings.

We play the Bears again, and it looks like the Williams boys will get their suspensions after all (if Glazer can be trusted), so Minnesota could be in a world of hurt after this game.

pack4to84
11-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Viking fan tonight

packers11
11-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Bears.

We get the Bears one more time... Fate will be in our hand if the only thing we need to do is pull out one more game against the Bears...

MJZiggy
11-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Vikings. I just hate the Bears that much...

wist43
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Doesn't matter... the Packers are out of it.

Brando19
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Bears.

We get the Bears one more time... Fate will be in our hand if the only thing we need to do is pull out one more game against the Bears...

But if the Bears win tonight and win the next two and lose to us...they'll still be one game ahead of us.

denverYooper
11-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Good hustle by Vikings STs on that punt.

packers11
11-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Bears.

But if the Bears win tonight and win the next two and lose to us...they'll still be one game ahead of us.

True. It all comes down to who you think will lose more games down the stretch...

packers11
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
99 yard pass... :shock:

channtheman
11-30-2008, 08:43 PM

I just tuned in. Who did that? :shock:

packers11
11-30-2008, 08:44 PM

I just tuned in. Who did that? :shock:

Gus to Berrian...

channtheman
11-30-2008, 08:57 PM
wow, imagine that. A QB sneak working at the 9 inch line. I seem to recall a scenario earlier today where that would have worked pretty well...

denverYooper
11-30-2008, 09:05 PM
wow, imagine that. A QB sneak working at the 9 inch line. I seem to recall a scenario earlier today where that would have worked pretty well...

Bears didn't get much love going for it on 4th and goal from the 1. Or on 1st and goal from the 1, 2nd and goal from the 1, and 3rd and goal from the 1.

They didn't try the QB sneak either.

CaliforniaCheez
11-30-2008, 09:23 PM
If the Packers are out of it and can't win the division, I pull for the Bears to win it. They are the only two teams to win the division.

Nobody should want the purple slime to represent the division.

Jimx29
11-30-2008, 09:53 PM
doesn't really matter to me.
From 13-3 to the early 80's in one fell swoop :roll:

Zool
11-30-2008, 10:11 PM
This is a weird game to watch. I want neither team to score.

red
11-30-2008, 10:13 PM
gotta give it to the queens. they're taking care of business right now

red
11-30-2008, 10:19 PM
i think our season is about to to be finished

minnie will be up by 2 games, they'll win at detroit next week, and they have the giants the last game of the season. the giants may be in coast mode by that point and might roll over

we would be done

channtheman
11-30-2008, 10:21 PM

minnie will be up by 2 games, they'll win at detroit next week, and they have the giants the last game of the season. the giants may be in coast mode by that point and might roll over

we would be done

I seriously doubt the queens beat the Cards in Arizona. Arizona is a way different team at home (My dad is a season ticket holder). The falcons could also beat the vikings. IF, and it's a big "if", we win out, I think we have a shto at the division.

red
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
jared allen might be a great player, but he has the worst haircut i think i've ever seen on a white guy

Zool
11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Did Madden just say "late in the season is when you have to do all those things like block and tackle"?

channtheman
11-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Did Madden just say "late in the season is when you have to do all those things like block and tackle"?

but not in the beginning, eh? :P

Noodle
11-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah, Allen has rude do, but man that guy can play.

Boy, those Vikes sure were foolish to give up a number 1 for him. Why, with our No. 1, we got Justin Harrell.

Rastak
11-30-2008, 11:52 PM
jared allen might be a great player, but he has the worst haircut i think i've ever seen on a white guy

Back from the ass kicking. The Bears fans kept singing this weird song called "Bear Clown" early on, then got quiet.

As far as Allen, he mentioned that in the postgame. He said he was trying to even it up and pretty much destroyed it.

Funny you mentioned it.

Rastak
11-30-2008, 11:53 PM

we would be done

I seriously doubt the queens beat the Cards in Arizona. Arizona is a way different team at home (My dad is a season ticket holder). The falcons could also beat the vikings. IF, and it's a big "if", we win out, I think we have a shto at the division.

Yea, they're playing so well...... :wink:

Partial
11-30-2008, 11:59 PM
If Vikes make the playoffs, I think they will rep the NFC. They can ride AD in the playoffs, but Chilly will have to give him the rock 30 times a game if they want to get there.

Who can stop Adrian 30 times? I don't think many teams can.

Rastak
12-01-2008, 12:05 AM
If Vikes make the playoffs, I think they will rep the NFC. They can ride AD in the playoffs, but Chilly will have to give him the rock 30 times a game if they want to get there.

Who can stop Adrian 30 times? I don't think many teams can.

He was pretty beat up tonight. Fortunately Chester Taylor is a very good back and can easily fill in without a huge dropoff to try and keep him fresher.

channtheman
12-01-2008, 12:24 AM

we would be done

I know they got killed on Thanksgiving. That was on the road, they are much better at home. The Giants game was really close if not for just a few plays. I think you'll be surprised when the Vikings go down to Arizona. If not, you can dig this up and embarrass me. :D

pack4to84
12-01-2008, 04:38 AM

Back from the ass kicking. The Bears fans kept singing this weird song called "Bear Clown" early on, then got quiet.

As far as Allen, he mentioned that in the postgame. He said he was trying to even it up and pretty much destroyed it.

Funny you mentioned it.Glad to see another bear beat down.

Rastak
12-01-2008, 07:21 AM

we would be done

I know they got killed on Thanksgiving. That was on the road, they are much better at home. The Giants game was really close if not for just a few plays. I think you'll be surprised when the Vikings go down to Arizona. If not, you can dig this up and embarrass me. :D

They're having a good year. I expect that will be a real tough game.

Rastak
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM

we would be done

Enjoy the game today?

:wink:

denverYooper
12-14-2008, 08:47 PM

we would be done

Enjoy the game today?

Ras, congrats on the win. Looks like the Vikes were dominant today.

MJZiggy
12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
You guys need to finish it off now. If it can't be the Packers, for Godsakes don't let it be the Bears.

Rastak
12-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks Yoop, poor ole Warner took a terrible beating.

channtheman
12-14-2008, 08:50 PM

we would be done

Enjoy the game today?

I was there... until about 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Cardinals really dropped the ball and it looks like they will be limping into the playoffs. The weird thing is that many Vikings fans were also leaving at halftime too. That was a bit weird to me. Yeah, congrats on your Vikes. Where the hell has that Tarvarias been all year? And a bigger question, if Frerotte gets healthy, who do you start now? Oh and I made a topic referencing this since I couldn't remember what topic I had posted this in. Hopefully the Vikes represent us well. :)

denverYooper
12-14-2008, 08:54 PM
You guys need to finish it off now. If it can't be the Packers, for Godsakes don't let it be the Bears.

Hopefully the Pack will help out with that :wink:

Rastak
12-14-2008, 09:00 PM

we would be done

Enjoy the game today?

I was there... until about 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Cardinals really dropped the ball and it looks like they will be limping into the playoffs. The weird thing is that many Vikings fans were also leaving at halftime too. That was a bit weird to me. Yeah, congrats on your Vikes. Where the hell has that Tarvarias been all year? And a bigger question, if Frerotte gets healthy, who do you start now? Oh and I made a topic referencing this since I couldn't remember what topic I had posted this in. Hopefully the Vikes represent us well. :)

I thought you had said you were a season ticket holder. I have no idea where Jackson pulled that performance from and to answer your question on who starts? I'm really not sure. Frerotte has played poorly for several weeks now and he can hardly walk right now. I guess I'd go with the hot hand, or if Jackson falls back to his normal self, then bring Frerotte back in when/if healthy.

channtheman
12-14-2008, 09:04 PM

we would be done

Enjoy the game today?

I thought you had said you were a season ticket holder. I have no idea where Jackson pulled that performance from and to answer your question on who starts? I'm really not sure. Frerotte has played poorly for several weeks now and he can hardly walk right now. I guess I'd go with the hot hand, or if Jackson falls back to his normal self, then bring Frerotte back in when/if healthy.

We are season ticket holders. We left the game early though. Did I say something to make you think otherwise?

Rastak
12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
No, when I said "enjoy the game" I said because I thought I recalled you saying you were season ticket holders.

Cards need to regroup if they are going to win that first playoff game though.

channtheman
12-14-2008, 09:17 PM
No, when I said "enjoy the game" I said because I thought I recalled you saying you were season ticket holders.

Cards need to regroup if they are going to win that first playoff game though.

Oh and then I said "I was there" like it was something new. I see, my mistake. No I didn't enjoy the game though. :P And yes if the Cards want to go anywhere they need to get it back together.