PDA

View Full Version : Chilly and his quotes

Rastak
12-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Okay, sorry....not Packer related but I know you guys love to ridicule good ole Chilly. He does have some of the most goofy quotes you'll see. Some are funny, some rather odd. From Seifert's blog on ESPN:

Childress enjoys the moment

December 1, 2008 4:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Sunday night generated several important milestones for the Vikings, not the least of which is this: They grabbed sole possession of the NFC North lead for the first time in the tenure of coach Brad Childress.

(The Vikings, in fact, hadn't been alone atop the division since the midpoint of the 2004 season.)

Childress downplayed the distinction during a Monday news conference but admitted -- in his own way -- that he was aware of it. Here's the full give-and-take Childress had with a Minnesota reporter:

In a situation like this, do you allow yourself to even glance at the standings right now? I think this is the first time that you're in sole possession of first place since you took over as coach. Do you allow for a moment of enjoying that ...

Brad Childress: A moment of silence?

A moment of whatever.

BC: Yeah, I had a vodka as big as your head last night.

How are you feeling this morning after that? Doubtful?

BC: No. Unshaven.

Is it something you will glance at?

BC: No. I haven't had a chance to glance at anything. I'm aware of that, but that's about it right now.

]{ilr]3
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Several of my friends are huge Vikings fans and they are torn over the Vikings current standings in the NFCN. They fear that if the Vikings make the playoffs it saves Childress' job for anouther year even though the team gets destroyed by a wildcard in the first round.

Rastak
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
{ilr]3]Several of my friends are huge Vikings fans and they are torn over the Vikings current standings in the NFCN. They fear that if the Vikings make the playoffs it saves Childress' job for anouther year even though the team gets destroyed by a wildcard in the first round.

He isn't my favorite coach in the NFL but he's got his team to 7-5 with a journeyman QB, with wins over Carolina and New Orleans. If they win the division, and that's yet to be seen, he's got my support. They have to make a long term decision on the QB though after this year.

RashanGary
12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
What about yoru QB rating chart?

sheepshead
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Anyone else catch in the Bears game last night after Benny Sapp drew a personal foul, Chilly went over and was poking his pen in Bennys chest. Bennys looking the other way paying attention to a coach or trainer or something, like Chilly had bad breath or something. Chilly kept on few several seconds doing this. Gotta wonder how much respect he has there.

Rastak
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM
What about yoru QB rating chart?

North is done this week, I'll update it.

bobblehead
12-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Childress is handicapped by not having a decent QB on the roster. He does have a stud RB and OL though. If that team finds an answer at QB next year I'm scared.

SMACKTALKIE
12-01-2008, 06:07 PM
His clock management sucks, he does'nt know what the challenge flag is for, and he makes some really stupid quotes. He's certainly not perfect but what NFL coach is? I'm on the fence as far as Childress goes but he is starting to show promise. I don't think the respect of his players is an issue.

mngolf19
12-01-2008, 06:47 PM
His clock management sucks, he does'nt know what the challenge flag is for, and he makes some really stupid quotes. He's certainly not perfect but what NFL coach is? I'm on the fence as far as Childress goes but he is starting to show promise. I don't think the respect of his players is an issue.

Smack I'm right with ya on this. If he wins, it's hard to really dislike the guy for his faults. Draft more lineman next year and get more WR and QB through either draft or FA and they could be even better next year.

KYPack
12-01-2008, 06:50 PM
These quotes are only mildly stupid.

Chilly has said a lot of shit dumber than these pearls of wisdom.

Rastak
12-01-2008, 06:52 PM

Which was the stupid part?

KYPack
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM

Stupid, odd, whatever Chilly marches to the tune of a different drummer.

"BC: No. I haven't had a chance to glance at anything. I'm aware of that, but that's about it right now."

I don't get this bit, for instance.

Rastak
12-01-2008, 08:51 PM

Stupid, odd, whatever Chilly marches to the tune of a different drummer.

"BC: No. I haven't had a chance to glance at anything. I'm aware of that, but that's about it right now."

I don't get this bit, for instance.

He definately says some goofy shit. In this case he was asked if he glanced at the standings and if he knew it was the first time in first since he became coach.

I deduced he isn't looking at the standings or anything associated with it and he's aware it is the first time in first but it doesn't matter much.

Oh oh, I'm fluent in Chilly talk......I think I've said too much. :oops: