PDA

View Full Version : Online Poker ... RIGGED?!

packers11
12-01-2008, 11:12 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/25/60minutes/main4633254.shtml

MadtownPacker
12-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Damn, that sucks. I dont play for money online but I was considering it. Hell no now.

bobblehead
12-04-2008, 12:25 AM
This stuff has been going on for awhile. Poker computer programs that basically play 24/7 and kill the $22 sit and goes. Guys getting viruses on peoples computers who have a certain account that shows them that players cards.

I play online for $1.20 a tournament. I stopped playing for any real money when I lost about $500 over a couple weeks on a site (playing 2-4 limit). I have played poker from childhood on...against top competition. I never ran like I did in that couple weeks. To top it off the rakes are so low and I don't tip a dealer....the likelihood of a player like me losing 500 in 2-4 is astronomical.

I know 2 pros that will only play high money tourneys online (cuz the sites monitor those). I know 1 MIT guy who built a computer program that logs in and plays 25-50 limit on 5 different accounts at set times. The best part is he is so talented and rich that he stopped doing it because it didn't win enough to be worth his time. I offered him 50% of whatever I make using the program if he would give it to me but he refused :(

MadtownPacker
12-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Top competition huh? Let play some 1-on-1. Do you play on Pokerstars?

I have wanted to play with real money but this crap like this article is what stops me. PM me so we can schedule it.

Partial
12-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't trust it. Who is to say someone doesn't write a "fake" person that will win every certain number of hands to come out ahead?!?

We don't see their source code, no way to know whats truly going on, and no regulation. Awful idea to put your money up when you have ZERO control over it.