PDA

View Full Version : Packers sign Kapinos

Rastak
12-03-2008, 05:33 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-6-267/And-the-Packers--punter-is----.html

And the Packers' punter is ...

December 3, 2008 6:24 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

Yes! The Green Bay Packers finally have a punter.

The Packers signed Jeremy Kapinos late Wednesday afternoon after conducting a series of tryouts over the past two days. Kapinos replaces Derrick Frost, who was released Monday after an inconsistent 12-game stint.

Kapinos, a former All-American at Penn State, punted in one game as a rookie last season for the New York Jets, averaging 41.8 yards on five punts.

For continuity purposes, the Packers have made backup quarterback Matt Flynn the primary holder for placekicker Mason Crosby.

packer4life
12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
wooohooo time for more mediocrity

pbmax
12-03-2008, 06:09 PM
But can he play DT? :lol:

Rastak
12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
But can he play DT? :lol:

If so, a sign and trade to the Vikings!

denverYooper
12-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes!!! The final piece of the puzzle! Now no one can stand in our way! :five:

DonHutson
12-03-2008, 07:35 PM
For continuity purposes, the Packers have made backup quarterback Matt Flynn the primary holder for placekicker Mason Crosby.

In other words, don't burn any bridges with your current employer Mr. Kapinos.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-03-2008, 07:52 PM
I wanted the drunk

Iron Mike
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/spaghetti-cat.jpg
Spaghetti Cat approves of this signing.

bobblehead
12-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I wanted the drunk

chester marcoal??

Ebs
12-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Packers: Kapinos inked to punt for Pack
By JASON WILDE
608-252-6176
jwilde@madison.com
GREEN BAY — Mike McCarthy's expectations for new punter Jeremy Kapinos are relatively simple and straightforward — the emphasis being on straight and forward.

"I want him to punt the ball in the right direction," the Green Bay Packers coach said Wednesday, as his 5-7 team prepared for Sunday's must-win game against the Houston Texans at Lambeau Field. "I'm expected to win games. He's expected to punt the ball in the right direction. I'm not trying to be funny."

After Monday's release of Derrick Frost, who ranked 26th in both gross (42.1) and net (36.1) average on 48 punts in 12 games, the Packers brought in Kapinos and ex-Pittsburgh Steelers punter Paul Ernster for workouts Tuesday, then worked out two more punters, Durant Brooks and Danny Baugher, Wednesday after practice.

McCarthy said Kapinos and Ernster punted both inside the Don Hutson Center and outside. McCarthy thought Brooks and Baugher would be limited to punting inside by poor field conditions created by the snow that moved through Northeastern Wisconsin Wednesday.

Not long after Brooks and Baugher's auditions ended, the team inked the 6-foot-1, 230-pound Kapinos, who'll wear No. 7.

"When I talk to him, I'm going to tell him exactly what is expected of him," McCarthy said. "We do with everybody that is involved with our football team."

Kapinos, who played collegiately at Penn State, signed with the New York Jets as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2007 but was released before the start of the regular season. He was re-signed to the practice squad and later promoted to the 53-man roster for one game, averaging 41.6 gross yards and 36.4 net yards on five attempts on Dec. 23, 2007 in a game at Tennessee. He landed two of his five punts inside the 20-yard line.

Kapinos, 24, was the Nittany Lions' punter all four of his seasons in Happy Valley, averaging 41.8 gross yards on 249 career punts. As a senior, he was a finalist for the Ray Guy Award and a third-team all-American but he was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson was out of town scouting Tuesday and Wednesday and did not return a message left with his administrative assistant. Presumably, directors of football operations John Schneider and Reggie McKenzie, along with special teams coordinator Mike Stock, helped with the selection of Kapinos, who'll practice with the team today, when it does most of its punt coverage work.

"This is purely a performance issue, and we're looking for the best candidate," McCarthy said.

That's how McCarthy described the decision to release Frost earlier this week. Frost was released Monday, one day after he averaged 43.8 gross yards, 32.3 net yards and 3.63 seconds of hang time on four punts in Sunday's loss to Carolina. His first attempt, a 2.96-second line-drive 40-yarder that netted just 28 yards, resulted in a chorus of boos from the Lambeau Field crowd.

The Packers, who went without a punter during Wednesday's practice, went with Kapinos over Brooks and Ernster. A sixth-round pick from Georgia Tech, Brooks beat out Frost for the Redskins' punting job and averaged 39.6 gross yards (35th) and 32.1 net yards (35th) on 26 punts before his release after six games. Ernster averaged 31.6 gross yards (37th) and 31.3 net yards (37th) on 12 punts for Pittsburgh before being cut in favor of veteran Mitch Berger.

McCarthy said backup quarterback Matt Flynn will take over for Frost as the holder for kicker Mason Crosby, with No. 3 quarterback Brian Brohm and wide receiver Ruvell Martin as alternates.

"The holding, I'm not concerned about that," McCarthy said. "We're very comfortable with Matt there, and I know Mason is also."

Another article. By the way, it says Thompson was out of town scouting on Tuesday/Wednesday. He went to LA. He was on my flight to LA tuesday afternoon sitting first class. He was on the escalator just in front of me on the way to the baggage claim area at LAX. I was going to talk to him but then his phone rang. I wonder who he is scouting.

Bossman641
12-03-2008, 10:10 PM
By JASON WILDE
608-252-6176
jwilde@madison.com
GREEN BAY — Mike McCarthy's expectations for new punter Jeremy Kapinos are relatively simple and straightforward — the emphasis being on straight and forward.

"I want him to punt the ball in the right direction," the Green Bay Packers coach said Wednesday, as his 5-7 team prepared for Sunday's must-win game against the Houston Texans at Lambeau Field. "I'm expected to win games. He's expected to punt the ball in the right direction. I'm not trying to be funny."

After Monday's release of Derrick Frost, who ranked 26th in both gross (42.1) and net (36.1) average on 48 punts in 12 games, the Packers brought in Kapinos and ex-Pittsburgh Steelers punter Paul Ernster for workouts Tuesday, then worked out two more punters, Durant Brooks and Danny Baugher, Wednesday after practice.

McCarthy said Kapinos and Ernster punted both inside the Don Hutson Center and outside. McCarthy thought Brooks and Baugher would be limited to punting inside by poor field conditions created by the snow that moved through Northeastern Wisconsin Wednesday.

Not long after Brooks and Baugher's auditions ended, the team inked the 6-foot-1, 230-pound Kapinos, who'll wear No. 7.

"When I talk to him, I'm going to tell him exactly what is expected of him," McCarthy said. "We do with everybody that is involved with our football team."

Kapinos, who played collegiately at Penn State, signed with the New York Jets as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2007 but was released before the start of the regular season. He was re-signed to the practice squad and later promoted to the 53-man roster for one game, averaging 41.6 gross yards and 36.4 net yards on five attempts on Dec. 23, 2007 in a game at Tennessee. He landed two of his five punts inside the 20-yard line.

Kapinos, 24, was the Nittany Lions' punter all four of his seasons in Happy Valley, averaging 41.8 gross yards on 249 career punts. As a senior, he was a finalist for the Ray Guy Award and a third-team all-American but he was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson was out of town scouting Tuesday and Wednesday and did not return a message left with his administrative assistant. Presumably, directors of football operations John Schneider and Reggie McKenzie, along with special teams coordinator Mike Stock, helped with the selection of Kapinos, who'll practice with the team today, when it does most of its punt coverage work.

"This is purely a performance issue, and we're looking for the best candidate," McCarthy said.

That's how McCarthy described the decision to release Frost earlier this week. Frost was released Monday, one day after he averaged 43.8 gross yards, 32.3 net yards and 3.63 seconds of hang time on four punts in Sunday's loss to Carolina. His first attempt, a 2.96-second line-drive 40-yarder that netted just 28 yards, resulted in a chorus of boos from the Lambeau Field crowd.

The Packers, who went without a punter during Wednesday's practice, went with Kapinos over Brooks and Ernster. A sixth-round pick from Georgia Tech, Brooks beat out Frost for the Redskins' punting job and averaged 39.6 gross yards (35th) and 32.1 net yards (35th) on 26 punts before his release after six games. Ernster averaged 31.6 gross yards (37th) and 31.3 net yards (37th) on 12 punts for Pittsburgh before being cut in favor of veteran Mitch Berger.

McCarthy said backup quarterback Matt Flynn will take over for Frost as the holder for kicker Mason Crosby, with No. 3 quarterback Brian Brohm and wide receiver Ruvell Martin as alternates.

"The holding, I'm not concerned about that," McCarthy said. "We're very comfortable with Matt there, and I know Mason is also."

Another article. By the way, it says Thompson was out of town scouting on Tuesday/Wednesday. He went to LA. He was on my flight to LA tuesday afternoon sitting first class. He was on the escalator just in front of me on the way to the baggage claim area at LAX. I was going to talk to him but then his phone rang. I wonder who he is scouting.

Cool story. That'd be something else bumping into TT in an airport. I wonder if he'd be comfortable and talkative or if he'd be his normal public persona.

Let's hope for the sake of the franchise that Merlin never runs into him.

KYPack
12-03-2008, 10:48 PM
They gave him Majik's old number?

Heavy expectations hang on that #7.

maybe we should give him a few snaps at QB against the Bears.

Don always came up big against the Bears.

channtheman
12-04-2008, 12:06 AM
I guess we had to sign somebody. But hey, when your punter only averages like 34 yards inside a dome, you know it can't get much worse.

cpk1994
12-04-2008, 07:23 AM
By JASON WILDE
608-252-6176
jwilde@madison.com

Cool story. That'd be something else bumping into TT in an airport. I wonder if he'd be comfortable and talkative or if he'd be his normal public persona.

Let's hope for the sake of the franchise that Merlin never runs into him.I think TT could handle himself . After all, he was a linebacker.

sheepshead
12-04-2008, 07:33 AM
A few good laughs in this thread!

:bclap:

KYPack
12-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Just so you can defend yourself around the water cooler,

It's pronounced KAP-eh-nos.

Assume "Jeremy" won't give anyone any trouble pronouncing, right?

Tarlam!
12-04-2008, 01:37 PM
So, what will M3's briefing be like? I know.

"Hey, just kick da goddamn ball high and far"

KYPack
12-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Pretty close.

In one of the statements released, MM said he wanted a punter who could "kick the ball in the right direction." Sounds like a good idea.

I'd be shocked if Stock is on that staff next season.

pbmax
12-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Pretty close.

In one of the statements released, MM said he wanted a punter who could "kick the ball in the right direction." Sounds like a good idea.

You are probably right. After the John Bonamego* regime at ST coach and the Sherman struggles with the bottom of his roster, I became convinced that the ST coach was really at the mercy of the GM and coach, both for year by year talent and for game day actives.

But your story about the ST coaches seminar reminds me that even well meaning people do dumb things, even things at cross purposes with the stated intentions sometimes. I hope the next guy both has M3's ear AND doesn't fear kicking consultants.

* In case this doesn't ring a bell, Bonamego was brought in to coach up the STs after they struggled for a couple of years under Frank Novak. He had a great rep and had a top 5 unit in Jacksonville according to the Dallas' paper's ST statistical ranking that McGinn loves so much. Once here, Bonamego stopped the bleeding, but it never got above average for the guy.

KYPack
12-04-2008, 08:27 PM

Pretty close.

You are probably right. After the John Bonamego* regime at ST coach and the Sherman struggles with the bottom of his roster, I became convinced that the ST coach was really at the mercy of the GM and coach, both for year by year talent and for game day actives.

But your story about the ST coaches seminar reminds me that even well meaning people do dumb things, even things at cross purposes with the stated intentions sometimes. I hope the next guy both has M3's ear AND doesn't fear kicking consultants.

* In case this doesn't ring a bell, Bonamego was brought in to coach up the STs after they struggled for a couple of years under Frank Novak. He had a great rep and had a top 5 unit in Jacksonville according to the Dallas' paper's ST statistical ranking that McGinn loves so much. Once here, Bonamego stopped the bleeding, but it never got above average for the guy.

Yer right.

ST coaches are at the bottom of the food chain for determining roster cuts, active/inactive status, etc. But the ST coach pretty much owns the kickers. Stock was pissed at Ryan, didn't think he was developing properly.

As I posted before, Ryan would revert to 3 step kicking and hit shanks and liners. Stock was triple pissed that Ryan went to a punting tutor. This means he didn't think anybody on staff was helping him kick. which is pretty universally true. Most NFL staffs don't have a kicking tutor on them. ST coaches are usually crazy egomaniac types, Stock included. Stock shot his mouth off, got Ryan cut and his guy in place.

Unfortunately, his guy choked like crazy. So, they have to hold a kicking carnival in December and add a new guy. I'm sure MM is doing a slow burn over that shit. That takes prep time and resources for something that shouldn't even be a problem Now Stock looks like a fool.

In addition to creating a problem that shouldn't be, Stock is a shitty ST coach. On many kick-offs and punt rush plays, our guys are out of position or blow their lane integrity. That ain't hacking the program and Stock's the coach in the barrel.

I think MM will get that fixed and find him a new coach.

They gotta try something, 3 punters didn't work.

MJZiggy
12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Not only did 3 punters not work, but didn't two of them settle in with other teams. I know Ryan's with Seattle, who's whatshisface with?

Brando19
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Hahaha...probably dead on!

Fritz
12-05-2008, 07:47 AM

Pretty close.

Yer right.

ST coaches are at the bottom of the food chain for determining roster cuts, active/inactive status, etc. But the ST coach pretty much owns the kickers. Stock was pissed at Ryan, didn't think he was developing properly.

As I posted before, Ryan would revert to 3 step kicking and hit shanks and liners. Stock was triple pissed that Ryan went to a punting tutor. This means he didn't think anybody on staff was helping him kick. which is pretty universally true. Most NFL staffs don't have a kicking tutor on them. ST coaches are usually crazy egomaniac types, Stock included. Stock shot his mouth off, got Ryan cut and his guy in place.

Unfortunately, his guy choked like crazy. So, they have to hold a kicking carnival in December and add a new guy. I'm sure MM is doing a slow burn over that shit. That takes prep time and resources for something that shouldn't even be a problem Now Stock looks like a fool.

In addition to creating a problem that shouldn't be, Stock is a shitty ST coach. On many kick-offs and punt rush plays, our guys are out of position or blow their lane integrity. That ain't hacking the program and Stock's the coach in the barrel.

I think MM will get that fixed and find him a new coach.

KY, weren't you the one at the ST clinic?...IF so, does this mean you're one of those crazy egotistical guys? And furthermore, if this is all true can you please apply for the ST coach's job in the offseason so we can get someone in there who believes in the coffin corner kick?

Finally, I think you should wear your KY colonel's outfit when you are on the sideline. Especially effective for when you have the guys gathered around you and you are pumping them up to go knock some heads around on the next kickoff.

sheepshead
12-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Sounds good!

It probably said far more about Derrick Frost’s struggles over the past three months than about Jeremy Kapinos’ practice debut.

But as his first punt Thursday morning spiraled toward the rafters inside The Don Hutson Center, Kapinos heard the chorus of “oohs,” followed quickly by applause and encouraging shouts from his new Green Bay Packers teammates.

“I don’t think I really deserve it,” Kapinos said, “but I’ll take it.”

After 12 games with the insufferably inconsistent Frost, who was released Monday, players were unusually vocal as they watched Kapinos punt about 10 balls — mostly well — during an extended special-teams period. It was the first work the left-footer out of Penn State had gotten in front of teammates since signing with the Packers on Wednesday.

“With what we’ve been going through with the punting situation,” receiver Greg Jennings said, pausing to chuckle, “that first one was much-needed.”

“Jeremy did a nice job (Thursday),” coach Mike McCarthy said. “I thought he handled the snaps clean. He definitely has some power in his leg, did a good job with the directional kicking.”

Out of football since the New York Jets waived him in June, Kapinos worked out for the Baltimore Ravens and thought he was close to landing with the Washington Redskins after Durant Brooks — the rookie who beat out Frost and was one of four punters the Packers worked out this week — lost the job in October. But the majority of Kapinos’ work the past five months has been in 2½-hour workouts five days a week, far removed from the structure of an NFL practice.

Special-teams coordinator Mike Stock said it was important for the team to see Kapinos perform.

“This guy’s only in his second year, but he’s got a big upside in terms of strength, fundamentals and techniques,” Stock said. “We’ll see what happens on Sunday” against the Houston Texans.

KYPack
12-05-2008, 09:56 AM
KY, weren't you the one at the ST clinic?...IF so, does this mean you're one of those crazy egotistical guys? And furthermore, if this is all true can you please apply for the ST coach's job in the offseason so we can get someone in there who believes in the coffin corner kick?

Finally, I think you should wear your KY colonel's outfit when you are on the sideline. Especially effective for when you have the guys gathered around you and you are pumping them up to go knock some heads around on the next kickoff.

[/i]

I went to the coaches clinic to get some fake punt and field goal plays. I eventually found what I needed at a happy hour after the clinic was done.

I also learned that I didn't fit the "ST coach" profile. I was probably wacky enough & I've got as much ego as you need. I'm just not enough of a control freak. These guys want to bring order to a crazy situation. On any kicking play, you've got 21 crazy guys running around trying to kill one another and a kicker. It's mayhem and your job is to organize everybody and bring order to a disorderly situation

My gig was to get our 11 guys lined up right and have each one of 'em have at least of vague idea of what we were trying to get accomplished. Most of the time, we got that done, except for those rare times that everything goes horseshit on you.

My coaching attire? Football gear, baseball cap, and a clipboard, with my helmet between my feet. At semi-pro games, there's always people lurking around trying to steal the equipment. I was still playin'.

KYPack
12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Special-teams coordinator Mike Stock said it was important for the team to see Kapinos perform.

“This guy’s only in his second year, but he’s got a big upside in terms of strength, fundamentals and techniques,” Stock said. “We’ll see what happens on Sunday” against the Houston Texans.

Sounds good, coach. Hey next year, let's have 16 punters. Yeah, a new one every week.

That'll confuse everybody, including us.

Just like this season.

Fritz
12-05-2008, 10:26 AM

[/i]

I went to the coaches clinic to get some fake punt and field goal plays. I eventually found what I needed at a happy hour after the clinic was done.

I also learned that I didn't fit the "ST coach" profile. I was probably wacky enough & I've got as much ego as you need. I'm just not enough of a control freak. These guys want to bring order to a crazy situation. On any kicking play, you've got 21 crazy guys running around trying to kill one another and a kicker. It's mayhem and your job is to organize everybody and bring order to a disorderly situation

My gig was to get our 11 guys lined up right and have each one of 'em have at least of vague idea of what we were trying to get accomplished. Most of the time, we got that done, except for those rare times that everything goes horseshit on you.

My coaching attire? Football gear, baseball cap, and a clipboard, with my helmet between my feet. At semi-pro games, there's always people lurking around trying to steal the equipment. I was still playin'.

I like your approach: "Okay, gentlemen, here's the plan: go tackle the guy with the ball."

I think MM is coming around to your coaching approach - said he wants the new guy to just kick the ball in the right direction.

I do think the colonel outfit with the glasses and goatee would be an effective motivator, however. Go KY!

CaliforniaCheez
12-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Every time the punt is away I will raise my glass and shout "Kapino!!"

denverYooper
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Every time the punt is away I will raise my glass and shout "Kapino!!"

It seems like something you'd say before a shot of Ouzo.

Fritz
12-06-2008, 07:34 AM
I've been complaining about the Jon-Ryan-Was-A-Great-Punter-And-The-Pack-Gave-Him-Away article a few days back by Bob McGinn.

He must be wearing some pretty tight undies these days, or else he's running out of leads. Here's his newest lead for a story on Matt Turk:

"Green Bay - Jon Ryan isn't the only good punter the Green Bay Packers let get way."

Jon Ryan was a good punter?

Look, I wanted Jon Ryan to be a good punter. I liked the guy, and I liked his big leg. But he was a shankaholic, and at best the guy is, at this point in his career, an average punter. In fact, that's where he's ranked in the league statistically. But McGinn has elevated Jon Ryan into the ranks of "good" punters in the NFL.

Look it was probably a mistake to cut Ryan. But TT was trying to improve the team at a position he thought he could improve the team. But the moves don't always pan out. If they don't pan out often enough, you lose your job. (Even Matt Millen, eventually.) If the moves do pan out often enough, you get to keep your job.

How about this, instead: "When the Packers cut Matt Turk in 1993, little did they know he would go on to have a pro-bowl career, and stay in the league for many years."

Or how about this: "When GM Ron Wolf cut Matt Turk in 1993, it was an ominous sign for the future of the Green Bay Packers. Turk went on to become a pro bowl punter, while Wolf's choice, Bryan Wagner, was merely pedestrian. Clearly, the Packers had given the GM reins to a man who could not judge talent."

Come on, McGinn. Quit the sniping. It's been a disappointing season, to be sure. TT screwed up the punting situation, to be sure. But quit the sniping, please.

Guiness
12-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Yer right.

More crazy egomaniacs than any other coach? I mean, in my experience, all coaches on the defensive side of the ball, and a damn majority of those on the offensive side are control freaks.

BTW 3 punters didn't work? Did I nap through the third? Ryan, Frost, ???

cpk1994
12-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Look it was probably a mistake to cut Ryan. But TT was trying to improve the team at a position he thought he could improve the team. But the moves don't always pan out. If they don't pan out often enough, you lose your job. (Even Matt Millen, eventually.) If the moves do pan out often enough, you get to keep your job.
But here is the thing. TT was really asking for this to blow up in his face. Doing nothing in training camp with the position and then making a rash decision just days before the opener just screams disaster. If the punter was such a problem to him, why did he sit on his hands during the preseason? Bring guys in and find one.

Gunakor
12-06-2008, 03:21 PM
But here is the thing. TT was really asking for this to blow up in his face. Doing nothing in training camp with the position and then making a rash decision just days before the opener just screams disaster. If the punter was such a problem to him, why did he sit on his hands during the preseason? Bring guys in and find one.

I think it was because he was acting under the advice of his ST coordinatior and coach Mike Stock, who was adamant about going with Frost as his punter. I think this one actually blew up more in Stock's face than TT - although in the end it was TT's call. Don't be suprised if Stock is on the hot seat these last 4 games, and could very well be replaced during the offseason if another qualified candidate is available.

Fritz
12-06-2008, 05:01 PM
That would be our own KY Pack.

KYPack
12-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Don't worry. Fritz.

I have no delusions about being a position coach in the NFL.

Unfortunately, Mike Stock might be in the same place I am.

Fritz
12-07-2008, 09:28 AM
KY, I think you're an excellent poster and by golly probably a fine ST coach, too.

CaliforniaCheez
12-07-2008, 03:49 PM
He didn't win the game today.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Don't be suprised if Stock is on the hot seat these last 4 games, and could very well be replaced during the offseason if another qualified candidate is available.

Stock should be gone, period. Go through the posts today. Some of us were actually happy when the other team got a return "ONLY" to the 37! He screwed up on Frost BIG TIME (to the point that his lack of punting skills was a large factor in the Carolina loss).

With the turnover in staffs this off season, there should be somebody more capable than this putz.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't be suprised if Stock is on the hot seat these last 4 games, and could very well be replaced during the offseason if another qualified candidate is available.

Stock should be gone, period. Go through the posts today. Some of us were actually happy when the other team got a return "ONLY" to the 37! He screwed up on Frost BIG TIME (to the point that his lack of punting skills was a large factor in the Carolina loss).

With the turnover in staffs this off season, there should be somebody more capable than this putz.

Yeah, you know your ST coverage blows when we are happy they ONLY get to the 37 on the kickoff. Oh yeah, does anyone remember when that one guy held on the TD return by Blackmon? A good coach teaches a player how to block and keep their hands in before putting them in the game. The guy who held grabbed the Texans shoulders and then wrapped up and tackled him. Had he known how to block he would have put a good block on him and we would have gotten that TD. So yeah, fire this crappy excuse for a coach.

red
12-07-2008, 08:17 PM
new guy looked good today, after the first punt

3 downed inside the 20, including the one at the end that he put at the 3. one touchback that probably should have been downed inside the 5 with a little bit better effort from the gunners. and a wicked looking punt that didn't go very high or far, but had a top of topspin that made it next to impossible for the return man to catch

the punter made that fumble

MJZiggy
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
He didn't win the game today.

No, but damn. That was some pretty work. I don't recall the last time I saw a punt hit the turf and completely die like that. Here's hoping this type of performance is the consistency we've been looking for...