PDA

View Full Version : Brett on the Hot List

4and12to12and4
06-30-2006, 09:00 PM
I watched Brett on the Hot List on ESPN a few days ago, and he had some interesting comments. When asked where he thinks the Pack will end up this year, it was apparant that he is gunshy about predicting any kind of success because he is afraid of disappointment. He said he never thought that a team he was QBing would ever go 4-12. His comments showed that he is accepting that this year is a crapshoot and that he has no idea of what to expect.

It seems like his mindset is good in that he knows we will be picked by most to be bad, and that this will take a lot of pressure off of him to win the division and make a Superbowl run. I think he is beginning to embrace this role, which can be good as far as just going out there and playing his best without any high expectations from the media, fans, etc.. Some lesser motivated players could be hurt with this attitude and go in "expecting" to lose, but I think that his will to win will keep him from that mentality, while allowing him to throw less pics realizing that no one expects him to win 12 games by himself.

One other thing I noticed about the interview was his demeanor. It looked like he was there almost against his will and was just wanting the whole thing to be over with. I think he is at the point where he hates the media and is sick of answering all of the stupid questions they ask him. I mean, look at how guys like Leinart are doing everything they can to be in the limelight, whereas Brett seems like he's about sick of it. It is probably one of the reasons he didn't want to come back. (a few early season wins could certainly change that!)

When asked what DB is the best in the NFL he thought a while and said Champ Bailey, then he mentioned Harris. He tried not to answer what one player he would like to have on his team, but when cornered into an answer he said he would like to see if he could get along with and have success with TO!! That kind of blew my mind considering he was partially to blame for Walker leaving town and TO is a bigger prick than him.

I still can't forget how uncomfortable and disgusted he looked through the interview. He certainly did not want to be there. Can you blame him?

MadtownPacker
06-30-2006, 09:14 PM
That kind of blew my mind considering he was partially to blame for Walker leaving town

Welcome to PR 4and12to12and4.

For the most part I agree but this part I dont. How was Favre responsible? The traitor said he would hold out well before Favre said anything. The traitor later used Favre's comments as a scapegoat for wanting out even though he showed his true colors the season before.

Does he really think he is gonna get Popularity Bowl type numbers in denver, with Plummer throwing him the ball? I hope his career goes down the toilet.

Harlan Huckleby
06-30-2006, 11:02 PM
One other thing I noticed about the interview was his demeanor. It looked like he was there almost against his will and was just wanting the whole thing to be over with. I think he is at the point where he hates the media and is sick of answering all of the stupid

Favre has often been poor in front of media. I think his appearances on Letterman years ago where awful. He just is not his lively self sometimes, he freeezes up.

Packers4Ever
07-01-2006, 12:45 AM
One other thing I noticed about the interview was his demeanor. It looked like he was there almost against his will and was just wanting the whole thing to be over with. I think he is at the point where he hates the media and is sick of answering all of the stupid

Favre has often been poor in front of media. I think his appearances on Letterman years ago where awful. He just is not his lively self sometimes, he freeezes up.

But then there are times when he's smiling, relaxed and not too shy about talking. I think the media has a whole lot to do with his looking less comfortable, 4and 12 and Harlan, they keep digging away and never know what they'll pick on next. But - that's what they're paid to do, I guess.

Mazzin
07-01-2006, 12:49 AM
he's number 1 on my hott list. :wink:

Packers4Ever
07-01-2006, 12:53 AM
he's number 1 on my hott list. :wink:

I'll drink to that, Mazzin, he'll always be number 1 to all of us! :D
Jude

Mazzin
07-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Jude hope you're a female, and/or are refering to him being a HOT QB as in bad ass.

Harlan Huckleby
07-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Mazzin, you homophobe! Packers4Ever has just as much right to enjoy Favre's ass as you do.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad!

Packers4Ever
07-01-2006, 01:08 AM
:smile: You bet I am, Mazzin,

( LOL, I never thought about that !!! )

Bossman641
07-01-2006, 02:42 AM
I haveta agree with the thing about Favre being uncomfortable. My sister saw him in a mall in Chicago the other day for some Sensodyte thing or whatever. She said they picked some contestants and they had to answer questions about Favre, with Favre then telling them the correct answer.

She said it seemed like he hated being there the whole time, and was pretty much a lifeless stiff in front of the Mic.

Mazzin
07-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Know I'm not from that era, but man do i ever love the beatles great song Harlan. You crack me up, your a hoot!

Packers4Ever
07-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Harlan is a hoot and a half Mazzin :wink:

You don't have to be from that era to love a Beatles song,

their music will go on forever. Whoops, we went OT !

Jude

MJZiggy
07-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I haveta agree with the thing about Favre being uncomfortable. My sister saw him in a mall in Chicago the other day for some Sensodyte thing or whatever. She said they picked some contestants and they had to answer questions about Favre, with Favre then telling them the correct answer.

She said it seemed like he hated being there the whole time, and was pretty much a lifeless stiff in front of the Mic.

After all the trouble the media has caused him over the last couple of years, I'm surprised he's willing to say a single word to them. There ya go, Jude, back on track.

Packers4Ever
07-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks, Bossman and MJZ for getting us back on track and making

honest people out of us! :smile:

Just the flack and junk Brett's taken from the media since the 2005

season started is enough to make him edgy when the mikes and

cameras are there.

He needs to have the new season start, probably can't come too

soon for him.

Jude

4and12to12and4
07-01-2006, 12:56 PM
That kind of blew my mind considering he was partially to blame for Walker leaving town

Welcome to PR 4and12to12and4.

Thanks. I found out about this site from someone on the Packerchatters forum (I'm jimbolobo over there) and so far, I like it here. I've been laughing my ass off at most of you guy's banter. I also just found out about Packerforum.com. Damn, I may never speak to my wife again!!

ahaha
07-01-2006, 01:04 PM
I have a plutonic man-crush on Brett Favre. I'm not gay, but if Brett needed me to give him a reach around, I'd do it.

4and12to12and4
07-01-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a plutonic man-crush on Brett Favre. I'm not gay, but if Brett needed me to give him a reach around, I'd do it.

Let's make it a threesome, ... well actually foursome because my wife is in love with him too.

Packers4Ever
07-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Can I join too? Can I, please, can I, huh ??
:D

Jude

MadtownPacker
07-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks. I found out about this site from someone on the Packerchatters forum (I'm jimbolobo over there) and so far, I like it here. I've been laughing my ass off at most of you guy's banter. I also just found out about Packerforum.com. Damn, I may never speak to my wife again!!
Glad you joined us, hopefully PR becomes your favorite!

woodbuck27
07-01-2006, 06:42 PM
This thread has almost gone . . . X X X . . .

'ALL FOR. . . errr on errr about ahhhh - Ooooo - ahhh. . . . Brett Favre'.

He's a REAL Beauty. Ladies and. . . . Gentleman. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
07-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Can I join too? Can I, please, can I, huh ??
:D

Jude

Well, as long as we're making a party out of it... :oops:

MJZiggy
07-01-2006, 08:07 PM
There is a link to Brett's interview on NFL Total Access on the front page on packers.com for those who missed it. Good lord that man does not give 2-word answers.

"That's right, they're looking for Mr. Sensitivity. I don't think I'm gonna win."