PDA

View Full Version : Beware of bike-riding, bank robbers!

oregonpackfan
12-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Recently, a man rode up to a drive-in bank in Eugene, OR on a BMX style bike and robbed them. He claimed he had a bomb in his possession. What will robbers think of next? :roll:

Bank robber on bike rolls off with drive-up teller window cash
by The Oregonian Friday December 05, 2008, 11:29 AM
Eugene police are looking for a suspect bent on changing the bank robber's paradigm.

For one thing, the ski cap-masked robber rolled up to the Umpqua Bank branch Thursday in the 3700-block of West 11th Avenue on a bicycle.

For another, he remained onboard, pulling into the drive-up teller window and demanded money.

Apparently the suspect claimed to have a bomb, said Eugene Police spokeswoman, Kerry Delf.

The suspect, described as wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt and glasses, made off with an undisclosed amount of money on a BMX-style bicycle around 5:30 p.m.

It was not the day's only bank-robbing bike tale.

Two hours earlier in Corvallis, a man robbed a Washington Federal Savings Bank branch.

That suspect, dressed in a gray hooded sweatshirt with pink writing on the chest, actually walked into the bank at 1111 N.W. Ninth St. around 3:30 p.m. He demanded money from a teller then fled on a bicycle with an undisclosed amount of cash.

He is described as 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall with a medium build and a larger nose. He did not use a weapon and kept the hood of his sweatshirt pulled up during the robbery. He also wore orange-colored aviator sunglasses, blue jeans, and black ski gloves and carried a blue fanny pack.

--Kimberly A.C. Wilson, kimberlywilson@news.oregonian.com

packinpatland
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
At least he was a green robber :wink:

MateoInMex
12-07-2008, 09:17 AM
This is the first I've heard of bike riding bank robbers. But Drive-bys in inner cities on bicycles has existed before. You'd think, you'd want to make a getaway as fast as possible....and when the cops finally show up and ask "what did these guys look like?"

The witnesses might just say..."Why don't you ask him, he's the one trying to put the chain back on his Huffy!" As long as they didn't use a Huffy

Huffies were a piece of shit...I had a Desperado and the frame cracked in half in less than 2 months of use...my dad tried to weld that fukking thing back together...why he didn't he just go down to Goodwill and get me the crappiest used Schwinn there, I have no idea. I would have been happy..instead I have a Huffy Desperado with this big WELDING mark right in the frame...that .....yes...broke again.

In Mexico, it's also common that thieves will pick pocket or steal hats from people walking while riding bicyles. That works up until the victim has time to react and knocks the thief off his bike with a brick.

The point is ...if thieves can't afford a car, chances are their not going to get away in a robbery.