PDA

View Full Version : One frozen night deserves another

packinpatland
12-05-2008, 02:39 PM
I say the owner needs to spend the night with HER butt frozen to the sidewalk!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28072038/

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - A dog weighing more than 120 pounds survived being frozen to a sidewalk overnight, probably because he was insulated by layers of fat, authorities said.

The Sheboygan County Humane Society says the "morbidly obese" dog, an aging border collie mix named Jiffy, froze to the sidewalk when he was left out overnight Wednesday. Shelter manager Carey Payne says few dogs could survive the single-digit temperatures, and it was probably the fat that made the difference.

Jiffy's 59-year-old owner was arrested Thursday morning on suspicion of animal neglect, Sheboygan Police Lt. Tim Eirich said. She told police she tried to get the dog inside but couldn't, and instead checked on him every few hours.

The dog is 11 or 12 years old, Eirich said. Shelter workers poured warm water over Jiffy's back end to unstick him from the sidewalk, Payne said, and it was too soon to say whether he suffered any long-term effects.

swede
12-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Sheboygan stuff made up about half of the old "News from Wisconsin" thread.

And I think it is a real toss-up between the owner and the dog in terms of intelligence. The dog is dumb enough to get its butt frozen to the ground. The owner is too dumb to pour some warm water on its butt to release it.

Stupid people are welcome here in Sheboygan. They are the last best hope for the re-election campaign of our mayor.

MJZiggy
12-05-2008, 05:48 PM
A 120 lb. border collie? That in and of itself is abuse.

GrnBay007
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM
A 120 lb. border collie? That in and of itself is abuse.

LOL....my 13 yr. old son only weighs 2lbs more. Just got weighed at the docs today.

oregonpackfan
12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
This past summer we had our biannual family reunion in Sheboygan. Basically, it seemed like a good, little city. We toured the Kohler establishment, went deep lake fishing, and had a picnic and the State Park(Andrae--I can't remember the last name).

As you might suspect, the emphasis was more on renewing family ties than anything else. Since our family remains loyal Packer fans, though many of us now live out of state, a huge topic of conversation was the whole Brett Favre controversy--don'tcha know? :)

red
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
As you might suspect, the emphasis was more on renewing family ties than anything else. Since our family remains loyal Packer fans, though many of us now live out of state, a huge topic of conversation was the whole Brett Favre controversy--don'tcha know? :)

i feel sad for your family. the emphasis of my families reunions is to get shit faced, first and foremost

Freak Out
12-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Bizarre......

hoosier
12-05-2008, 07:48 PM
The real story is, how did the dog get its butt get frozen to the sidewalk in the first place. Had another dog been sniffing and licking it where the sun don't shine beforehand? Kids eventually learn not to lick signposts and iron railings in winter time, but those dogs never learn because they don't suffer the consequences of their own licking.

swede
12-05-2008, 11:01 PM
The real story is, how did the dog get its butt get frozen to the sidewalk in the first place. Had another dog been sniffing and licking it where the sun don't shine beforehand? Kids eventually learn not to lick signposts and iron railings in winter time, but those dogs never learn because they don't suffer the consequences of their own licking.

Two guys from Sheboygan are walking down the street when they see a dog licking its butt.

"Wow..." says the one guy. "I wish I could do that."

His friend says, "You should probably try petting him first."