PDA

View Full Version : Williams Wall to play Sunday against Detroit

packers11
12-05-2008, 05:06 PM
A federal judge blocked the NFL from suspending Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Will Smith, Deuce McAllister, and Charles Grant for violating the league's anti-doping policy.

The judge needs more time to consider the case, so the Williams Wall is now sure to play at Detroit. The Players Association argued that the NFL didn't properly inform the players about Starcaps. A final decision could come this week, so it's possible the Williamses could get suspended for Weeks 15-17 and the first round of the playoffs. Dec. 5 - 3:20 pm et
Source: Associated Press

packers11
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
They should take the suspension now, the last team that they need the Wall for is the Lions...

They are going to screw themselves in the playoffs, there is NO WAY they win any game in the playoffs without those two fat whales...

TennesseePackerBacker
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
They should take the suspension now, the last team that they need the Wall for is the Lions...

They are going to screw themselves in the playoffs, there is NO WAY they win any game in the playoffs without those two fat whales...

My sentiments exactly

Joemailman
12-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Damn. I have Kevin Smith on one of my FF teams. :evil:

oregonpackfan
12-05-2008, 07:37 PM

Playing against Detroit may well be a "Trap" game for any team, including the Packers.

I read that Lions coach Marinelli is still motivating his players with statements like, "You guys don't want to end up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as the only winless team at 0-16"and "Do you want to explain to your children and grandchildren you were part of an 0-16 team?"

A recent statistic showed that in several recent games the Lions were actually leading their opponents at the end of the third quarter only to lose the game in the fourth quarter.

I don't want the Packers to be known as the only team the Lions beat in '08.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-05-2008, 07:44 PM

Playing against Detroit may well be a "Trap" game for any team, including the Packers.

I read that Lions coach Marinelli is still motivating his players with statements like, "You guys don't want to end up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as the only winless team at 0-16"and "Do you want to explain to your children and grandchildren you were part of an 0-16 team?"

A recent statistic showed that in several recent games the Lions were actually leading their opponents at the end of the third quarter only to lose the game in the fourth quarter.

I don't want the Packers to be known as the only team the Lions beat in '08.

No chance in hell the Lions beat the Packers in Lambeau last game of the year. I'll bet anyone 100$ and lay 3 to 1 odds.

Only stipulation is A-rod has to start and play atleast the first half.

RashanGary
12-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm a little suprised it didn't just get thrown out. It might just be a court doing their due diligence and wanting to be sure they dot all of their i's and cross all of their t's before they make a decision.

MJZiggy
12-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Or they just want to delay their suspensions and screw up a playoff run...

TennesseePackerBacker
12-05-2008, 08:45 PM

If anything the Vikings want this, they may just be wanting something they don't need. Why is the 6th guy, the long snapper already sitting? Obviously he doesn't matter, but these other players do. The Vikings want to delay the impending doom for as long as possible, and if they get cleared of the charges(which doesn't look very likely) it'll pay off big time. If not, and it only seems like this judgement could take a week or two, the best this well end up doing is letting the Williams wall play against two very pass happy teams and suspending them for the run happy offenses of NYG and Atlanta, not to mention the playoffs.

Rastak
12-05-2008, 08:50 PM

Zig, that's your theory?

MJZiggy
12-05-2008, 08:51 PM
No, I was joking.

Rastak
12-05-2008, 08:52 PM

If anything the Vikings want this, they may just be wanting something they don't need. Why is the 6th guy, the long snapper already sitting? Obviously he doesn't matter, but these other players do. The Vikings want to delay the impending doom for as long as possible, and if they get cleared of the charges(which doesn't look very likely) it'll pay off big time. If not, and it only seems like this judgement could take a week or two, the best this well end up doing is letting the Williams wall play against two very pass happy teams and suspending them for the run happy offenses of NYG and Atlanta, not to mention the playoffs.

The Vikings have no say whatsoever in this. Chilly kind of made a few comments leading one to believe he thought those dummies shouldn't have taken Starcaps. Again, they have no say in this, it's players/union vs league.

Rastak
12-05-2008, 08:54 PM
No, I was joking.

This isn't a joking matter!

:wink: :D

Guiness
12-06-2008, 02:29 PM
The Vikings have no say whatsoever in this. Chilly kind of made a few comments leading one to believe he thought those dummies shouldn't have taken Starcaps. Again, they have no say in this, it's players/union vs league.

That's interesting - it hadn't occured to me that the Vikings/Williams didn't have the option to just accept the suspension.

It's a tough choice either way. They're leading the division, but shouldn't feel secure by any means. If they felt they could win it regardless (mostly due to the seeming incompetance of the 3 teams behind them) take the suspension, and give those 2 some rest, hoping they come back fresh for the playoffs.

Partial
12-06-2008, 03:00 PM
They'll be suspended next year if at all. Smart move by them as they'll be good enough next year to make the playoffs without those two.

I think they win the NFC North. Sad how we go from overtime in the championship game to a below average team. Way to go, team.