PDA

View Full Version : Brohm wants to know what went wrong

Brando19
12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/35582419.html

I hope Brohm learns from his mistakes, has an awesome offseason, and wins the number 2 job for the Packers. I really like this kid.

RashanGary
12-06-2008, 07:32 AM
I look forward to seeing he and Flynn develop. They're both intriguing prospects to me.

Brohm lost out on the #2 position but I honestly think he ended up with the better developmental spot. He gets to focus on his fundementals (footwork and throwing motion) to the point where he is NFL legit. From the start of this season until the start of next preseason he's going to be getting the playbook down pat. He's going to get to see how McCArthy and Rodgers look at defenses and how plays change with different looks. The whole philosophy will be able to soak in.

I don't know what he's going to be, but they obviously saw something there and he has all of the tools. There is a good chance we have another Aaron Rodgers or two waiting in the wings next year if Aaron Rodgers goes down.

Tarlam!
12-06-2008, 07:32 AM
I hope he picks it up - so we can trade him for a 1st!

RashanGary
12-06-2008, 07:36 AM
I hope he picks it up - so we can trade him for a 1st!

I hope one of them is a legit player so we can not drop off if Rodgers gets hurt (it's going to happen at some point sooner than later. It happens to almost all QB's).

Then I hope we get a 1st or 2nd for him after a couple valuable years of his service as backup.

Tarlam!
12-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Indeed, Nick, indeed!

Fritz
12-06-2008, 07:37 AM
If the two rooks get through the season without having to play, TT and MM can breathe a sigh of relief. A risky move that will pay off.

Look at next year - two second year guys, now ready to back up for real and with more knowledge of the system and the speed of the game. Then, the following year, you can trade one of the two if all stay healthy.

And if only one proves to be of NFL caliber, well, you have an NFL caliber backup.

A risky move this year by TT that might pay off.

RashanGary
12-06-2008, 07:41 AM
If the two rooks get through the season without having to play, TT and MM can breathe a sigh of relief. A risky move that will pay off.

Look at next year - two second year guys, now ready to back up for real and with more knowledge of the system and the speed of the game. Then, the following year, you can trade one of the two if all stay healthy.

And if only one proves to be of NFL caliber, well, you have an NFL caliber backup.

A risky move this year by TT that might pay off.

Very risky. That's why I don't understand teh logic that Ted is affraid. Most fear in the NFL is driven by the need for job security. Time and time again Ted puts his job on the line. Most of his risky moves aren't spending money that will make him look good. They're the type that his ass is on the line the whole way.