PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Lee to IR

Brando19
12-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Just saw where Lee is on IR now. I didn't even know he was hurt. Secondary's taking some hits as of late.

MJZiggy
12-05-2008, 10:19 PM
WHAT?????? What's the injury?

Rastak
12-05-2008, 10:32 PM
WHAT?????? What's the injury?

I think he hurt his knee.

MJZiggy
12-05-2008, 10:34 PM
*+%&^ &^*% %$*#!!!!!! :evil:

Bretsky
12-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Just saw where Lee is on IR now. I didn't even know he was hurt. Secondary's taking some hits as of late.

No biggie; he wasn't doing shit when he was healthy and was often a game day inactive. Hopefully he ends up with more value than our last consistent 2nd round pick who was a game day inactive as a rookie.

wist43
12-06-2008, 06:19 AM
the guy has looked in over his head from the beginning... Exhibit Q-9 in TT's throw 6 million darts approach.

RashanGary
12-06-2008, 07:14 AM
the guy has looked in over his head from the beginning... Exhibit Q-9 in TT's throw 6 million darts approach.

You do realize that if you want to criticize this approach there is a more telling way to break it down than to list draft failures with one line sarcastic remarks.

First you count up the number of hits (good solid players). If you want to count probowlers as one and a half and decent backups but not starters as half, fine.

Anyway, add up the total players and divide it by the number of draft picks he started with. This will give you a percentage of players he hits on with the picks he started with. I did it a while back. He's doing very very well. Then do the same thing with Sherman and Wolf (just to compare it to others we know. TT favorably compares with his approach.

The easy thing to do is to be cynical and bitch about each move that didn't work out. The hard thing to do is to dig a little deeper and put the whole picture in perspective.

Also, last year everythign went our way but overall I still see this team on the upswing. The DL definitly needs attention but other than that quality and depth is building across the roster. TT doesn't have nearly the task after this year that he had when he took over. The roots of change are laid. Now we have to be patient until it's time to harvest. It's hard to have confidence in the future when we don't control it. I understand there is some human nature at play here, but things are on the up and up IMO. When you add it all up, TT's doing really well with what he started with. Everythign has to be judged based on where he started. Any criticism that ignores that, ignores reality and should be dismissed.

Harlan Huckleby
12-06-2008, 07:17 AM
who cares?

they needed a roster spot, so they snuck the least needed guy on IR.

of course the loss of the 5th cornerback could come back to hurt them in the playoffs. :lol:

RashanGary
12-06-2008, 07:21 AM
He sucked. He's young, but he's everything I expected from a guy who couldn't start in college, talks like a total retard and is in his first year.

BJack was similar and he eventually came on. Hopefully Patrick Lee can prove again that you don't have to have a head on your shoulder or a ton of college experience to play well in the NFL. It probably won't be until year two or three though.

Maybe in college he had to focus so hard just not to fail that he didn't get the time he needed in football. Probaby not, but TT has a way of picking out these zeros that nobody expects and they pan out.

Fritz
12-06-2008, 07:40 AM

You do realize that if you want to criticize this approach there is a more telling way to break it down than to list draft failures with one line sarcastic remarks.

First you count up the number of hits (good solid players). If you want to count probowlers as one and a half and decent backups but not starters as half, fine.

Anyway, add up the total players and divide it by the number of draft picks he started with. This will give you a percentage of players he hits on with the picks he started with. I did it a while back. He's doing very very well. Then do the same thing with Sherman and Wolf (just to compare it to others we know. TT favorably compares with his approach.

The easy thing to do is to be cynical and bitch about each move that didn't work out. The hard thing to do is to dig a little deeper and put the whole picture in perspective.

Also, last year everythign went our way but overall I still see this team on the upswing. The DL definitly needs attention but other than that quality and depth is building across the roster. TT doesn't have nearly the task after this year that he had when he took over. The roots of change are laid. Now we have to be patient until it's time to harvest. It's hard to have confidence in the future when we don't control it. I understand there is some human nature at play here, but things are on the up and up IMO. When you add it all up, TT's doing really well with what he started with. Everythign has to be judged based on where he started. Any criticism that ignores that, ignores reality and should be dismissed.

Y'know, JH gets a lot of crap on this board but he often makes thoughtful points. That's the case here.

Wist, I love ya, man - our bitter Packer poster - but JH is right.

prsnfoto
12-06-2008, 10:40 AM
5-7 that tells you how successful he has been that is a cold hard statistical fact no disputing it, if they lose this week he will have a losing record under his glorious tenure. There that is a cynical line that is completely true and honest. :D JH I agree with you somewhat but I have also seen how you rate some of the draft picks and you are way to generous with your grades, Jennings,possibly Rodgers(still too early) are blue chips, Collins is close and Crosby is solid but the rest are just guys filling spots that are no better than 50 other guys in the NFL at their positions and some of them are high draft picks Hawk=average,Harrell=bad,College,Spitz,Poppinga,Ro use,B-Jack,JJ,Nelson,Montgomery, so far they are just guys nothing special granted it is too early on some of them to judge but just because he has filled the roster with a bunch of "guys" when it had no depth before does not make him a guru.

bobblehead
12-06-2008, 10:57 AM
5-7 that tells you how successful he has been that is a cold hard statistical fact no disputing it,

5-7 is a cold hard fact...that tells you how successful he has been is your opinion. Go back to 3rd grade, redo the fact and opinion worksheet, then check back with us. I won't even respond to the "if we lose this week" part as if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

bobblehead
12-06-2008, 11:00 AM

I want to play a game with you wist. you name 3 all pro's from the first round, and i'll name 3 that weren't from the first round. We'll see who runs out first.

edit: even more fun eliminate LT and QB and it won't even be close.

RashanGary
12-06-2008, 11:34 AM

I want to play a game with you wist. you name 3 all pro's from the first round, and i'll name 3 that weren't from the first round. We'll see who runs out first.

edit: even more fun eliminate LT and QB and it won't even be close.

Haha. Now that is perspective. It's really easy to sit here and complain about not having 5 new all pros in 4 years of drafts, then look in the mirror and think you're smarter than Ted. Completely turning over this roster in three years with all new studs and glue guys isn't nearly as easy as a couple cynical one liners here would make you think. Let's hold Ted to the fire when he screws up, but lets not pretend like this team should be winning SB's right now or he's failing. Those expectations are patently unreasonable. There are 32 teams. Give him 32 years and if he doens't win one, he's just now reaching the point of failure statistically. Obviosly he won't get that leeway, nor should he, but that is much closer to reasonable than bitching about not being a SB team right now.

Lurker64
12-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Everybody knows that guys we drafted this year like Pat Lee and Jermichael Finley were drafted as projects and developmental guys and weren't supposed to make a huge impact in the offseason. Lee's problem is more mental than physical (since he's got all the physical tools you could want, and has played CB at a high level in the past), let's let him participate in a full NFL offseason and learn the game better before we write him off.

Sometimes guys take a few years to develop, and then they turn out to be great. I mean, Kampman took about 2-3 years to really come into his own. We ought to owe Thompson's guys at least one year if not two.

CaliforniaCheez
12-06-2008, 04:07 PM
The guy left college early and doesn't have much experience.

As a rookie he did not get that much off season training.

We are fortunate that he was not forced to play right away.

It takes a couple of years for rookies to learn how to play.

He will not have much of an impact next year either.

RashanGary
12-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I see Colledge as our best lineman this year and for the first two years I never dreamed I'd be saying that. That's an example of a guy who made a complete 180 from his first impression.

Hopefully Lee is that way.

Fritz
12-06-2008, 05:14 PM
5-7 that tells you how successful he has been that is a cold hard statistical fact no disputing it, if they lose this week he will have a losing record under his glorious tenure. There that is a cynical line that is completely true and honest. :D JH I agree with you somewhat but I have also seen how you rate some of the draft picks and you are way to generous with your grades, Jennings,possibly Rodgers(still too early) are blue chips, Collins is close and Crosby is solid but the rest are just guys filling spots that are no better than 50 other guys in the NFL at their positions and some of them are high draft picks Hawk=average,Harrell=bad,College,Spitz,Poppinga,Ro use,B-Jack,JJ,Nelson,Montgomery, so far they are just guys nothing special granted it is too early on some of them to judge but just because he has filled the roster with a bunch of "guys" when it had no depth before does not make him a guru.

It might be instructive to go back and take a look at Ron Wolf's first couple of drafts...

994 1 1 16 16 Aaron Taylor T Notre Dame
2 3 19 84 LeShon Johnson RB Northern Illinois
3 4 23 126 Gabe Wilkins DE Gardner-Webb
4 5 15 146 Terry Mickens WR Florida A&M
5 5 18 149 Dorsey Levens RB Georgia Tech
6 6 8 169 Jay Kearney WR West Virginia
7 6 14 175 Ruffin Hamilton LB Tulane
8 6 20 181 Bill Schroeder WR Wisconsin-La Crosse
9 6 29 190 Paul Duckworth LB Connecticut
1993 1 1 15 15 Wayne Simmons LB Clemson
2 1 29 29 George Teague DB Alabama
3 3 25 81 Earl Dotson T Texas A&I
4 5 6 118 Mark Brunell QB Washington
5 5 7 119 James Willis LB Auburn
6 6 1 141 Doug Evans DB Louisiana Tech
7 6 12 152 Paul Hutchins T Western Michigan
8 6 16 156 Tim Watson DB Howard
9 7 15 183 Robert Kuberski DE Navy
1992 1 1 5 5 Terrell Buckley DB Florida State
2 2 6 34 Mark D'Onofrio LB Penn State
3 3 6 62 Robert Brooks WR South Carolina
4 4 19 103 Edgar Bennett RB Florida State
5 5 7 119 Dexter McNabb RB Florida
6 5 18 130 Orlando McKay WR Washington
7 6 17 157 Mark Chmura TE Boston College
8 7 22 190 Chris Holder WR Tuskegee
9 9 6 230 Ty Detmer QB Brigham Young
10 9 16 240 Shazzon Bradley DT Tennessee
11 10 5 257 Andrew Oberg T North Carolina
12 11 7 287 Gabe Mokwuah LB American

How many pro bowlers there? I think Chmura went, right? Did Levens or Aaron Taylor go? Looks like some good starters in those drafts - Evans, Chmura, Dotson, Bennett, Brooks, Simmons, Levens, Taylor. Lots of chaff, too.

wist43
12-06-2008, 07:23 PM

Y'know, JH gets a lot of crap on this board but he often makes thoughtful points. That's the case here.

Wist, I love ya, man - our bitter Packer poster - but JH is right.

Ah, just feelin surly... gripin at you guys, lol :D

Fritz
12-06-2008, 09:35 PM
It's okay, Wist. It's good. I like the balance of opinions. It would suck if everyone agreed.

SnakeLH2006
12-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Could he punt? Prob. yet who cares...Lee will be our starting CB in 2 years....Not like he did shit this year.....This shit goes down all the time with rooks. NNAA....Not news at all..........