PDA

View Full Version : Official Texans vs Packers Gameday Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fosco33
12-06-2008, 08:04 PM
It's hard to get excited about two 5-7 teams battling in a non-conference matchup in December with little hope remaining for playing in January....

.... BUT - it's the fricken Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field!

We'll have a long 9 months to complain about lack of previous offseason moves, questionable coaching calls, draft prospects, etc. But for 3 hours tomorrow, we still get to cheer on the Green & Gold.

Personally, I want this team to begin planning for the future and seeing who really wants to be part of this team next year. If we win and are still in playoff hunt tomorrow night, that's just icing on the cake.

Things to watch for:
- Will Schaub be able to play effectively on a bum knee on the frozen tundra (daytime high in the teens)?
- Can the Packers stop rookie RB Steve Slaton (preseason I was hoping to see Ahman again - but that got put on the shelf long ago)?
- Will we see any hustle, energy, life - from the team or the crowd?
- Will our kickoff coverage continue to be porous?
- How will the new punter emerge - if he shanks one, does the crowd boo?
- Will Mario get after ARod after coming off a 3 sack performance against the Jags?
- Will Jackson get the action?

Green Bay (on paper) is only marginally better than the Texans. If the squad comes out flat after last week's tough loss, I could see this team packing it up for next year...

Rastak
12-06-2008, 08:26 PM
How can ya not be fired up for game in december!

Lurker64
12-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I sort of regret not being able to play against the Sherminator in this game. Maybe we can get Texas A&M in for a scrimmage next summer to set things right.

red
12-06-2008, 08:51 PM
i'll be there. pack's only ever lost one game i've been at

Joemailman
12-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I won't give up on the season as long as 9-7 is a possibility. 9-7 could still win this division. It will be interesting to see how the team, and the crowd react tomorrow. My guess is that getting off to a good start is pretty important. The cold can seem colder if you fall behind by more than a touchdown.

Bretsky
12-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Texans really do stink, and IMO their aroma is worse than ours

Pack wins

retailguy
12-06-2008, 09:29 PM
i'll be there. pack's only ever lost one game i've been at

I'll be there too. I'll be the guy with the Green/Gold stocking cap. Make sure you look for me. :P

Joemailman
12-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Offensively, Houston passes for a lot of yards, but have been intercepted 18 times, so hopefully the Pack can pick off a few tomorrow. Their running game is nothing special, although Slaton is dangerous. Defensively, opposing QB's have had 18 TD passes, and only 10 INT's and a passer rating of about 90. Could be a big day for Arod if Tauscher and Clifton can contain Mario.

retailguy
12-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Texans really do stink, and IMO their aroma is worse than ours

Pack wins

u r a homer. :wink:

Fritz
12-06-2008, 09:33 PM
On another thread I wrote that if your team is in a position in which in order to get into the playoffs it has to win out, and a combination of other circumstances ("If the division leader loses to X buy not Y, and team Z's kicker was circumsised on a Wednesday, then we get into the playoffs!") must occur, then you really have little hope and you're not being too realistic. I was trying to say it's kind of silly to think that all that might happen...and a 5-7 team is not really worth getting worked up over.

Yet here I am, once again fallen under the spell...my disgust at last week's loss has faded, and I find myself - again - thinking gee, if only they win tomorrow...and y'know, the Lions almost beat the Vikes earlier this season...so it could happen...and then the Pack goes on the road...and if...and if....

Ah, to be a fan.

Go Pack go!

Bretsky
12-06-2008, 09:35 PM
On another thread I wrote that if your team is in a position in which in order to get into the playoffs it has to win out, and a combination of other circumstances ("If the division leader loses to X buy not Y, and team Z's kicker was circumsised on a Wednesday, then we get into the playoffs!") must occur, then you really have little hope and you're not being too realistic. I was trying to say it's kind of silly to think that all that might happen...and a 5-7 team is not really worth getting worked up over.

Yet here I am, once again fallen under the spell...my disgust at last week's loss has faded, and I find myself - again - thinking gee, if only they win tomorrow...and y'know, the Lions almost beat the Vikes earlier this season...so it could happen...and then the Pack goes on the road...and if...and if....

Ah, to be a fan.

Go Pack go!

The Texans stink more
The Jaguars Stink more
The Lions stink more
And da Bears still suck

That's my mojo; we're headed to the playoffs and hearts will soon be broken after :lol:

Joemailman
12-06-2008, 09:39 PM
If the Pack wins out (Really big if since the longest win streak this year is 2), it's not that far fetched. Vikes would have to split their last 4 games which would make them 9-7. Pack would win tie breaker against the Vikes because of division record, and against the Bears because of head to head.

channtheman
12-06-2008, 10:08 PM

Ah, to be a fan.

Go Pack go!

The Texans stink more
The Jaguars Stink more
The Lions stink more
And da Bears still suck

That's my mojo; we're headed to the playoffs and hearts will soon be broken after :lol:

SUPER BOWL OR BUST BABY!!! Yeah I know exactly how both of you feel. By about Wednesday night, the loss starts to seem fuzzy and by Friday morning I can't wait for Sunday to come. We have the easiest part of our schedule ahead and can easily (ha) win each game, except the Bears. And the Vikings could lose to Arizona and NY so yes we make the playoffs.

Partial
12-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Pack win this one for sure in my mind. A-Rod passes for 300 and 2 TDs.

Joemailman
12-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I delivered an application for Viking playoff tickets to some moron on my route today. Was it wrong for me to urinate on it before delivering it?

oregonpackfan
12-06-2008, 10:41 PM
I delivered an application for Viking playoff tickets to some moron on my route today. Was it wrong for me to urinate on it before delivering it?

Nah! If anything, we PackerRats just might nominate you for the Packers HOF! :lol:

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 01:45 AM
I won't give up on the season as long as 9-7 is a possibility. 9-7 could still win this division.

BINGO!!

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 04:26 AM
I delivered an application for Viking playoff tickets to some moron on my route today. Was it wrong for me to urinate on it before delivering it?Only becuase you didn't shit on it as well. :lol:

Tarlam!
12-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Last week, I posted "GAMEDAY" on the gameday thread. We lost. Clearly, it was my fault.

So, this week, I am not positng "GAMEDAY".

Just wanted to be clear about it.

LL2
12-07-2008, 07:38 AM
I will have to watch the game on Justin.tv because they will not play it in the Chicago market. The Pack always rally in December so I'm pulling for a 9-7 record and to sneak into the playoffs. The Bears and Vikes will choke as usual.

MateoInMex
12-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I'm watching the Texans board their busses from my balcony...Mario Williams is a beast!! I still wish Charmin was a member of this franchise because I so badly wanted to ask WTF he was thinking when he moved up to draft BJ Sander.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Last week, I posted "GAMEDAY" on the gameday thread. We lost. Clearly, it was my fault.

So, this week, I am not positng "GAMEDAY".

Just wanted to be clear about it.Unfortunately, by posting that you weren't posting "GAMEDAY" you posted "GAMEDAY". We screwed. :)

Fritz
12-07-2008, 09:44 AM
In fact, none of this is Thompson's fault, nor MM's, nor Vanilla Bob's, nor Stock's, nor Frost's - it's all Tarlam's fault.

Damn you!

KYPack
12-07-2008, 09:53 AM
OK Fos, get us goin'.

We need a win and we need a win NOW!.

If we need to blame some one, Tarlem, my drunken Aussie rugger brother is as good an excuse as any.

I'm headed to the Packer bar. With the decline of the Packers and the emergence of NFL Ticket, there no longer a full fledged Packer Bar in Covington KY. There is now a "Packer Corner" in the old Packer bar. Where I will be, sippin' cheerin' and hopefully, not moaning.

Like I was 4 out of the last 5 weeks. Bring on that Chicago game spirit!

GBRulz
12-07-2008, 10:11 AM
tix everywhere around here are actually below face value for this game. I have NEVER seen this before.

Should be interesting to see how the team plays in the elements. Right now it's a toasty 3 degrees in Green Bay.

I will be watching the game with friends, while baking Christmas cookies, decorating the house and drinking Bailey's :D

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Inch by Inch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2K5Rt8Mog8

:bump:

:glug:

:alc:

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Inactives:
* LB Brandon Chillar, who tweaked a groin in the middle of the week, can't go so Desmond Bishop will start at weak-side linebacker.
* Charles Woodson will again start at strong safety.
* Here are the Packers' inactives: QB Brian Brohm, S Atari Bigby, CB Joe Porter, RB DeShawn Wynn, LB Brandon Chillar, OT Breno Giacomini, OG Allen Barbre, DE Jeremy Thompson.
* LB Spencer Havner is active.
* Texans inactives: QB Craig Nall, S Nick Ferguson, CB Matteral Richardson, S Will Demps, LB Kevis Coley, OG Kasey Studdard, OT Rashad Butler, TE Mark Bruener.
* Texans lineup change: Brandon Harrison starts at SS for Ferguson.

Harlan Huckleby
12-07-2008, 11:15 AM
* LB Brandon Chillar, who tweaked a groin in the middle of the week, can't go so Desmond Bishop will start at weak-side linebacker.

this is going to hurt

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 11:23 AM

this is going to hurt

Why not have Bishop and Hawk swap? Or creep up SS/FS behind Chillar?

Looks like our man coverage is gonna be zone again :roll:

Partial
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM

this is going to hurt

Why not have Bishop and Hawk swap? Or creep up SS/FS behind Chillar?

Looks like our man coverage is gonna be zone again :roll:

I agree with this. This will be brutal. Slaton is way too quick for Bishop to chase in space.

CaptainKickass
12-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey Sepporepi - check your PM's.

Everyone have a great game.

The Captain

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 11:44 AM
If Schaub is coming off of injury, you'd think he'd be a little rusty.

Even if he was throwing well, I would think they'd depend more on Slaton. (especially now with Chillar out). With the possible footing issues, a scatback like him could wreak havoc.

Personally, don't like the zone scheme. Our best coverage is man to man.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Stands have lots of empty seats with 10 minutues before kickoff... I hope this isn't a trend.

Bretsky
12-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Prediction

GB 30
Texans 13

Defense comes back mainly due to conditions
GBP Defense scores a TD
Offense looks solid

Tex comes out and praises Vanilla Bob

GB beats a bad Texans team

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Bold prediction B.

I see Schaub being minimized due to injury and weather - with Slaton getting plenty of touches. If he gets 120+ w/ 2+ TDs, Pack will lose.

Pack needs to win turnover battle - or they'll lose.

I think the Pack wins - but it'll probably be uglier than we should expect to see at this point in the season - within a TD.

TheCheese
12-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Anyone have a link to the game ? Can't seem to find it on Justin TV.

TheCheese
12-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Never mind, got it, http://www.justin.tv/timmex

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:05 PM
great start, gashed for 12 by slaton.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Well I see the D came out to play today..... :roll:

Rastak
12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
NFL.com show Houston TD, what happened?

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Glad to see our JV squad is out there again. :roll:

How is it that southern teams aren't affected by this cold?

Maybe I'll go do chores today... might be interesting at least.

Tarlam!
12-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow. Secondary getting burned early.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:07 PM

Blitz, Schaub to WR over TWilliams/Collins got dinged and guy walked in the last 20 yards (50+ yard play).

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:08 PM

Packers blitzed, Schaub found Kevin Walter in one on one coverage, Walter caught it and ran inside where Tramon Williams, trying to run Walter down, tripped over Nick Collins effectively taking both players out of the play. Walter could have crawled into the endzone untouched.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Man has this defense sucked over the last month.

Downright freakin' embarrassing.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Can we not blitz anymore plz? Bad things happen when we blitz.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm so disappointed in this team. They just don't care.

Why even show up - just forfeit and stay in your warm mansions? Bunch of pink tacos.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:11 PM

Why even show up - just forfeit and stay in your warm mansions? Bunch of pink tacos.

Well, they could use better coaching too. Like put Woodson back on the corner where he belongs. Like don't blitz 6 when you don't have your A+ secondary healthy and in the game. The whole thing sickens me...

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I just heard a dude in the nosebleeds fart. What a quiet crowd - even for the tepid Lambeau faithful.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:14 PM

Well, they could use better coaching too. Like put Woodson back on the corner where he belongs. Like don't blitz 6 when you don't have your A+ secondary healthy and in the game. The whole thing sickens me...

Totally agree. Who would you put in at safety?

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Well glad to see our punting situation hasn't changed...

Rastak
12-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Bears up 7-0

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Hahaha - nice punt :roll: (see initial prediction page).

Two big plays missed (I don't think DD would've caught that first one even w/o a hold). ARod pumped, WRs slower than normal?

Gunakor

I'd pick someone out from the Lambeau Field stands to play safety before I took Woodson off the corner and put him in there. Seriously, I don't care who they'd pick. Woodson's strength is playing press coverage at the line, not cover 2 zone coverage from the safety spot.

digitaldean
Is it too early to say they look like they're mailing this one in??

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:17 PM

I'd pick someone out from the Lambeau Field stands to play safety before I took Woodson off the corner and put him in there. Seriously, I don't care who they'd pick. Woodson's strength is playing press coverage at the line, not cover 2 zone coverage from the safety spot.

Why not try TWill at safety and keep Woodson at CB? Guess they think we're more likely to get burned at safety?

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Is it too early to say they look like they're mailing this one in??

Checks in the mail, no signature required at delivery.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow, Desmond Bishop in the clutch!

digitaldean
Do my eyes deceive me?? A defensive stop???

Partial
What a great play by Bishop. Wow.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Do my eyes deceive me?? A defensive stop???

-4 yards on an opponent's running play is even more suprising, regardless of down.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
What a great play by Bishop. Wow.

Let's hope this gets the rest of the team going. They're going to need some kind of jump start.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Guess that 40 yard punt by Houston showed that #7s 25 yarder isn't due to weather. Granted, kicking a rock in 5 degree weather is difficult - but not impossible.

I like MTP's idea - just go for it on every 4th down.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Touchy... do we really need that in this kinda game?

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Guess that 40 yard punt by Houston showed that #7s 25 yarder isn't due to weather. Granted, kicking a rock in 5 degree weather is difficult - but not impossible.

I like MTP's idea - just go for it on every 4th down.

No kidding. No sense in a field position game if we are only going to move it back 20-25 yards.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Whoever it was that wanted emphasis on offensive PI, you are getting your wish. Except I've seen DB's get away with alot more than that... What a horseshit call.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Thought you couldn't hit the QB after a slide.

Guess the refs feel like calling whatever they feel like...

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Can't stand converting on third down and having it called back for holding.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:25 PM
GOD DAMN IT!

Every time we get a decent gain, we get a stinkin' penalty.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:26 PM
GOD DAMN IT!

Every time we get a decent gain, we get a stinkin' penalty.

Story of the season...

Rastak
12-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Lions 3 Vikings 0

Lions had a long drive but with 1st and goal Vikings defense came up with a stop.

Frickin Vikes had THREE defense offside penalties.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:28 PM
That block in the back flag was not going to impact the return - at all. Our ST kick coverage is piss poor.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:29 PM
OK, let's see if the D can pin them down here.

Gunakor
That block in the back flag was not going to impact the return - at all. Our ST kick coverage is piss poor.

Love how the gunners took themselves out of the play by tripping over each other right in front of the return guy

Fosco33
I like seeing Owen Daniels playing on Sundays.

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Let's get a third down stop--could lead to gt. field position

Badgerinmaine
dang! 14 yard RUN on third and 10? Geeeeez.

digitaldean
So much for that stop - piss poor run D overall as well as ST coverage.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:31 PM
OK, let's see if the D can pin them down here.

Nope - Hawk couldn't shed the block.

Wow - 1st conversion of 3rd and 9+ for Texans - all year. NOW, that says something about the Packers.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:31 PM
dang! 14 yard RUN on third and 10? Geeeeez.

For some reason, I'm not surprised in the least anymore.

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 12:32 PM
That's better!

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Can we just ask the refs to keep the fricken flag in their pocket? He threw it while the ball was in the air.

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Bush drives me crazy.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I hate to say this, but there's no way we do anything in the playoffs, even IF we make it in.

This God awful run defense and piss poor ST play will get us blown out regardless who we'd play.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:36 PM
All right A_Rod!

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 12:43 PM
This is getting painful to watch.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Two bad plays in a row by TWill. On the run, he could've at least turned around. Got potential -but shouldn't be out there yet.

Rastak
12-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Vikes do not look sharp at all.

Lions 6 Vikes 0

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:45 PM

Lions 6 Vikes 0

Don't worry - it's the Lions. Even if they go up by 20 - don't worry. They'll blow it. That said, jinx, jinx, jinx. :P

Rastak
12-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Lions 6 Vikes 0

Don't worry - it's the Lions. Even if they go up by 20 - don't worry. They'll blow it. That said, jinx, jinx, jinx. :P

Yea, good point.

Lions were right down by the endzone twice and only have six so a TD by Minnesota might break the emotion. They are playing pretty fired up.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:47 PM
LUCKY.... Shoulda just fell on it, lucky to keep it there

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes! About time the defense made a play.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I like seeing Owen Daniels playing on Sundays.

He loves WI. :P

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Man did we dodge a bullet on that.

Gunakor
Yes! About time the defense made a play.

That was a broken defense too. Daniels was running all alone into the EZ. Had Schaub waited another second to throw that pass, it's in the EZ for 6 before the fumble ever happens.

Tarlam!
A 3 and out here would be the wrong message....

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Moll in at RT. Christ...

Fosco33
Bishop came to play today. 2 positive defensive plays today - good for a back-up.

digitaldean
Slaton already has 71 yds. rushing in a little over 1 quarter. Absolutely horrible defense.

Hey, at least we got 2 good gains in a row...

Gunakor
How did Jennings hang on to that ball?!

Rastak
12-07-2008, 12:54 PM

I didn't see the play but that dude has great hands and concentration.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Starting to spread the ball around - Nelson, Martin, Humphrey, Jones, DD and GJ.

Looks like we'll abandon the run again.

Give Jackson the Action.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Colledge give that one up?

Hope Tausch is allright.

Now - that's the first good punt of the day.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:56 PM

I didn't see the play but that dude has great hands and concentration.

The pass had some smoke on it and was behind Jennings. Greg had to twist around backwards to make the catch, and literally caught it with his fingertips. Somehow then held onto the ball without bringing it in and cradling it against his body. It was incredible.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Bishop again?!!!

That said, I still don't like the 7 man rush. If Bishop doesn't get him, that's 6 points the other way.

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 12:59 PM
God bless Bishop!

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 01:00 PM
There they go again, giving up a first down on third and double digits. :(

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Longwell FG

Vikes 3 Lions 6

Gunakor
I saw that one before the snap. Did you see T-Will step back and bait the throw? That one was awesome!

falco
Two bad plays in a row by TWill. On the run, he could've at least turned around. Got potential -but shouldn't be out there yet.

:roll:

goodbye credibility

pack4to84
12-07-2008, 01:03 PM
TOUCHDOWN

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Larrivee says they are x-raying Tauscher's knee.

pack4to84
12-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Larrivee says they are x-raying Tauscher's knee.maybe we can resign him now

Gunakor
Lucky to not be called for offensive PI - that was a pushoff worthy of a Michael Irvin award.

Badgerinmaine
Lee's been a lot more useful the last couple of weeks.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Larrivee says they are x-raying Tauscher's knee.

DAMN.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 01:08 PM
We've gotten 14 points worth of gifts today from Houston.

Let's hope they keep the Christmas spirit....

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 01:10 PM

goodbye credibility

Like I said - good potential - gave up a big play again.

falco

goodbye credibility

Like I said - good potential - gave up a big play again.

:oops:

digitaldean
Here we go, we get a momentum change and we find a way to shoot ourselves in the arse...

Badgerinmaine
My imagination, or have a lot of Rats given up on posting today?

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I saw Aaron Rouse in the game. What the hell is Woodson doing back at SS if Rouse is healthy enough to suit up and play?

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I saw Aaron Rouse in the game. What the hell is Woodson doing back at SS if Rouse is healthy enough to suit up and play?

I don't get that at all either. Baffling.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 01:14 PM

I think you are correct. Nowhere near the amt of traffic today as other games.

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I'd contribute but I'm busy watching the Vikings lay an egg.

Tarlam!

No, you're right. Fair weather fans....

Badgerinmaine
No TD here.

pack4to84

I think you are correct. Nowhere near the amt of traffic today as other games.More Packerrats going to the game because tickets are available.

Fosco33
M3 says TWill could start on most teams - and I would tend to agree. Do you think he's hunting for INTs (good on slant, in, out) but not on coverage (slant/go, post, streak)?

If he shored up run defense, shedding a block and reducing the big plays - guys a stud. Hard to say that with someone who's only started like 6 games - and has 5 INTs.

Glad we're actually grooming him for long-term. I wonder if Harris's comments on being too old, etc are true?

TennesseePackerBacker
12-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Let's go Packers!, Im not a normal gameday poster though, I usually have to go to the sportsbar.

pack4to84

I don't get that at all either. Baffling.I think after the Saints game the coach realized they need more speed back there.

Freak Out

BS..its called life.

digitaldean
Very small victory. Gave up a FG.

Detroit inside 20 with 1:17 left in half. Not that it'll mean anything because the Kitties will find a way to choke it off anyway.

arcilite

i was too hungover to post earlier

pack4to84
12-07-2008, 01:18 PM
flag

Rastak

BS..its called life.

There is NO life allowed during football sunday.

Unless your daughter is getting married you get no free pass. :wink:

Gunakor
M3 says TWill could start on most teams - and I would tend to agree. Do you think he's hunting for INTs (good on slant, go, out) but not on coverage (slant/go, post, streak)?

If he shored up run defense, shedding a block and reducing the big plays - guys a stud. Hard to say that with someone who's only started like 6 games - and has 5 INTs.

Glad we're actually grooming him for long-term. I wonder if Harris's comments on being too old, etc are true?

I'd agree, except when Bigby is healthy again I'm sure the grooming process would be put on hold anyway as long as the season still means something. So if the season still means something, I'd rather see Woodson on the corner.

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 01:19 PM
M3 Tbags Hunter NOW!

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 01:19 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
My GOSH, I'm sick of all the freaking holding penalities.

pack4to84
12-07-2008, 01:20 PM
flag takes away a Kickoff return for a TD

digitaldean
Epitome of this season. Do something great only to have it called back.

Players at fault obviously, but lack of discipline is ALL coaching.

arcilite
that throw was amazing

pack4to84
12-07-2008, 01:22 PM
INT, bad throw

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:23 PM
The Lions are fucking morons. Go for it twice in the red zone of 4th down instead of taking the 6 points. Guess what happens...Turnover on downs.

Side note, Frerotte out with back injury.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 01:24 PM
At least Bishop is playing like a guy that wants to be out there. Can't say that for most players recently.

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 01:26 PM
The Lions are fucking morons. Go for it twice in the red zone of 4th down instead of taking the 6 points. Guess what happens...Turnover on downs.

Bad?

Fosco33
If we leave this half down 3 - it could be worse (or much better).

The Daniels fumble and the called back Blackmon TD basically cancel each other out.

And Pack gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

Tarlam!

BS..its called life.

Huh? Sorry if I rained on your parade, but, where is everybody?

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Um... That was a GREAT play made by Bush!

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:27 PM

Bad?

Looked like he was in alot of pain. They tried to stretch it but sent him to the locker room via cart. Jackson took one snap and the half ended.

pack4to84
12-07-2008, 01:28 PM
no good

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 01:28 PM
They can't control Slaton today.
But, huge break on the missed FG.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Man was that an ugly half. We are SO freakin' lucky to be down only 3.

Schaub has almost 200 yds passing this half. PUH-THE-TIC.

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM

BS..its called life.

Parade? I don't care where everybody is...life comes a calling sometimes. Maybe they are at the game? Calling someone a fair weather fan because they don't post in a game thread is bogus.

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Man was that an ugly half. We are SO freakin' lucky to be down only 3.
Absolutely--if Daniels had scored the TD and they made a relatively short FG, we'd be looking at 20-7.

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:34 PM

BS..its called life.

Parade? I don't care where everybody is...life comes a calling sometimes. Maybe they are at the game? Calling someone a fair weather fan because they don't post in a game thread is bogus.

Oh, no need to rag on Tar. He's just fired up for football sunday.

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Pack and Vikes down by 3....Bears up by 17.

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 01:35 PM

BS..its called life.

Oh, no need to rag on Tar. He's just fired up for football sunday.

Ya....

wist43
12-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Some ugly football... all the way around. Can't put lipstick on a pig...

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Negatives:
Schaub has 200 yards.
Walter has 100 yards and a TD.
Slaton has 88 yards rushing alone (and at least 35 receiving).

In one half....

Positives:
Winning turnover battle (both by TWill)
Improved field position and punting by GB
Bishop playing well (sans last play)
Spreading ball around (8 receivers on 11 completions)

My adjustment:
-Give the ball to Jackson - sorry Grant, 9 for 33 yards isn't cutting it
-Mix up run/pass (1.6:1 ratio is too high for this weather) - take your shots downfield but make them count
-Pack is 0-5 on 3rd down --- have to improve on that
-Pack defense has given up multiple 3rd and long conversions (before today, Texans had ZERO)
-Spy Slaton if you're not already. Reduce the blitz packages and give overtop coverage to Walter.

wist43
12-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Some ugly football... all the way around. Can't put lipstick on a pig...

Second thought... yeah ya can - they're only down 3.

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 01:38 PM
The Texans have a good offense so it's not shocking that they are able to move the ball but our offense has stunk and that hold on the KR hurt bad.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Reduce the blitz packages and give overtop coverage to Walter.

I'd just start Rouse at SS to open the second half and put Woodson back on the corner over Walter.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 01:41 PM

I'm thinking some of the good play from Harris, Woodson, Collins, and Williams is starting to rub off on him and make him not suck so much.

CaptainKickass
12-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Negatives:
Schaub has 200 yards.
Walter has 100 yards and a TD.
Slaton has 88 yards rushing alone (and at least 35 receiving).

In one half....

Positives:
Winning turnover battle (both by TWill)
Improved field position and punting by GB
Bishop playing well (sans last play)
Spreading ball around (8 receivers on 11 completions)

My adjustment:
-Give the ball to Jackson - sorry Grant, 9 for 33 yards isn't cutting it
-Mix up run/pass (1.6:1 ratio is too high for this weather) - take your shots downfield but make them count
-Pack is 0-5 on 3rd down --- have to improve on that
-Pack defense has given up multiple 3rd and long conversions (before today, Texans had ZERO)
-Spy Slaton if you're not already. Reduce the blitz packages and give overtop coverage to Walter.

I agree for the most part. But I'd like to add this small suggestion:

Somebody PLEASE tell Aaron that it's ok to set his feet before he throws the ball, particularily on a bootleg or rollout play. I'm getting real sick of seeing him get picked off because he refuses to stop and set his feet. I don't see him being all that accurate when throwing on the run and geez, if you got protection set your friggin feet fer phux sake.

wist43
12-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Reduce the blitz packages and give overtop coverage to Walter.

I'd just start Rouse at SS to open the second half and put Woodson back on the corner over Walter.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... seems fairly obvious.

Yet, the obvious seems to escape Sanders sometimes.

wist43
Williams had the pick... but he's been terrible most of the half.

Gunakor

I'm thinking some of the good play from Harris, Woodson, Collins, and Williams is starting to rub off on him and make him not suck so much.

Too little to late I think. His roster spot was saved this season for ST's, and he hasn't performed up to expectation there either. I think he's gone after this year.

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Viking game update...Jared Allen sacks Culpepper on the Det 3, recovers the ball but has it pulled away on the bottom of the pile.

Frerotte is out Jackson in.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Yah, nice throw Rodgers you jackass. His accuracy has sucked ass today on every long ball.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 01:45 PM
3 and out here we come.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Seriously, WTF is this?

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 01:46 PM
3 poor throws to open the half for Rodgers. He had all day back there on 3rd down, the pass pro was excellent. They gotta get a run game going soon while they still can to settle him down.

CaptainKickass
Seriously, WTF is this?

GB showing they aren't a playoff team.

channtheman
Any positives might be that the punting seems okay.

Freak Out
Not a good start to the second half. Run the ball maybe in December?

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Seriously, WTF is this?

GB showing they aren't a playoff team.

No NFC North team is playoff caliber right now, but someone has to win it.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 01:47 PM
So - 3 straight passes - 3 and out. Rodgers again didn't set his feet and made multiple poor throws.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 01:48 PM
add 15 for a facemask

Bishop gets carried for 10 yards and then gives them 15 more on a stupid penalty.

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Well this is shaping up to be a TD drive for TX.

Brohm
12-07-2008, 01:49 PM
This is such a shit team right now it's unbelieveable.

CaptainKickass
hey lets see if we can break a record for penalties this year

channtheman
Hello, my name is Bishop. I get dragged for 15 yards while I grab the facemask too. How do I play pro football you ask?

Rastak
Chester Taylor 17 yd run......

Vikes 7 Lions 6

channtheman
WOOOO no gain!

channtheman
12-07-2008, 01:50 PM
If we can stop them and get our offense going a little bit maybe we can pull out a win.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I would go for it if I was Houston. Dummies probably won't though.

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I guess the Texans aren't like the Lions and actually take points when they are there.

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 01:52 PM
So does M3 try and run the ball now? Mix it up baby.

CaptainKickass
If we can stop them and get our offense going a little bit maybe we can pull out a win.

Someone tell Mad that he needs to incorporate scantily clad cheerleaders in the threads so we cann all have a positive outlook like Chan.

Cheesehead Craig
Can the offense finally get going on this drive?

Freak Out
I guess the Texans aren't like the Lions and actually take points when they are there.

...and they had the lead right? Real dumb.

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:53 PM

Yea, really stupid. They had the lead.....HAD the lead anyway.

channtheman

Someone tell Mad that he needs to incorporate scantily clad cheerleaders in the threads so we cann all have a positive outlook like Chan.

All we need is a TD!

I just know that if we score it though our ST or defense WILL break down and let the Texans score easily. Always happens with this team which I put completely on the coaches.

Fosco33
Impossible for Hunter to hold when he's returning a kick :P

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Impossible for Hunter to hold when he's returning a kick :P
You see those moves? That was sweet. :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
GRANT!!!!!

CaptainKickass
So does M3 try and run the ball now? Mix it up baby.

Holy Hell - a run!

channtheman
12-07-2008, 01:55 PM

I don't think anyone thought that the Lions would beat the Vikings today anyway. I know I didn't. I'm putting it on the 3 other teams on the Vikes schedule to hand them the 2 losses they will get.

I was waiting for a holding call on Ryan. Nice run!

Rastak
Lions 70 yards to Calvin Johnson....really nice throw as Allen just drilled him.

Lions 13 Vikings 7

Gunakor

I don't think anyone thought that the Lions would beat the Vikings today anyway. I know I didn't. I'm putting it on the 3 other teams on the Vikes schedule to hand them the 2 losses they will get.

Detroit just took the lead back

channtheman
This second 1st and 10 should have been play action. It was setup perfectly. Too bad M3 is just brain dead.

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2008, 01:56 PM

70 yd TD for the Lions!

Brohm
12-07-2008, 01:56 PM
and now 0 for 7 on 3rd down conversions today....

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 01:57 PM
0-7 on 3rd down is not going to win many games.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Our new punter is having a fine day today after his first shank

channtheman
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM

Detroit just took the lead back

Really?! Maybe they can win. I still don't think they will though.

3rd down here. Expected that. Nice call by M3 to take the running back out. Gee I thought they might run until they TOOK THE RUNNING BACK OUT. Way to go M3. Your Genius is showing.

Then our punt coverage isn't even ready for when the guy loses the ball. way to go coaches.

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Brutal....granted there was a hook by the DB but still.

Rastak
12-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Really nice toss from Culpepper to Calvin Johnson.

Gunakor
Oh my god can FIVE of you stop Slaton from moving forward??

arcilite
way to give salyton another 4 yards on that tackle hawk

Brohm
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Is it me or are we a real soft team? I mean in all parts of the game. We are the guys getting pushed around, shoved, spit on. Damn this team just has no attitude what so ever. It's like they just want to get this season over with. Fuck hit somebody damn ><

Cheesehead Craig
Justin.TV is down. Crud.

Badgerinmaine
Run defense has GOT to be a priority in the offseason.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 02:01 PM
GREAT PLAY AL!!!

channtheman
This little pussy running back is taking it to our linebackers and defensive line.

Cheesehead Craig
Run defense has GOT to be a priority in the offseason.
New DC would go a long ways toward that.

Brohm
12-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Harris is still the man, but damn Hawk, get in on that and make the tackle!

channtheman
I'm waiting for the PI flag yet. You never know with these refs.

Gunakor
This little pussy running back is taking it to our linebackers and defensive line.

This little pussy RB is going to be the next Bryan Westbrook, but that's beside the point. Gotta figure something out to stop him.

Fosco33
Is it me or are we a real soft team? I mean in all parts of the game. We are the guys getting pushed around, shoved, spit on. Damn this team just has no attitude what so ever. It's like they just want to get this season over with. Fuck hit somebody damn ><

Soft.

See my initial post of this thread - playing true mostly.

- Will we see any hustle, energy, life - from the team or the crowd?

If the squad comes out flat after last week's tough loss, I could see this team packing it up for next year...

channtheman
55 doesn't even hit the running back. COME ON you fag.

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Story of this game is third down conversions. They make them. We don't.

Gunakor
55 doesn't even hit the running back. COME ON you fag.

And we all thought of Bishop as a hard hitter...

Badgerinmaine
Finally!

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Monty is quietly having himself a pretty good game.

channtheman
I wonder if they ever work on wrapping up and tackling form. I remember when I played football and that's all we would work on for the first week. Do they not practice how to tackle in the NFL?

Fosco33
Well - two good hits by Woodson.
Montgomery with his 2nd big play of the day (season?).

Badgerinmaine
12-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Unblankingbelievable.

Cheesehead Craig
Come on Blackmon, let's get a return here!

channtheman
Woodsone wants to fucking play football!

digitaldean
I wonder if they ever work on wrapping up and tackling form. I remember when I played football and that's all we would work on for the first week. Do they not practice how to tackle in the NFL?

No because everything is like the ESPN highlight reel. Don't make the unspectacular wrap up tackle, gotta go for that big time hit (that still might not bring him down).

Gunakor
See the block in the back on that one to spring Turk loose? They showed it twice on the replay!!

Fosco33
Where's the holding? Looked questionable.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Great, now a fake punt?

Badgerinmaine
Okay, add 4th down conversions to that previous comment. Feeble.

Cheesehead Craig
Crap!!!

channtheman
LOL, we are officially the shittiest team in the league.

Brohm
Montgomery = blind squirrel finding a nut once in a while....

pack4to84
this team is just bad

]{ilr]3
12-07-2008, 02:07 PM
See the block in the back on that one to spring Turk loose? They showed it twice on the replay!!

That was just unbelievable those blocks to the back and flat out tackling by the Texans.

We have gotten away with a few as well today, but damn! :evil:

Cheesehead Craig
The radio guys are just beside themselves.

Gunakor
LOL, we are officially the shittiest team in the league.

We had him stopped but there was a blatant block in the back that wasn't called. You could clearly see it on the replay.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 02:08 PM

No because everything is like the ESPN highlight reel. Don't make the unspectacular wrap up tackle, gotta go for that big time hit (that still might not bring him down).

You're probably right. Too much "ME ME ME" and not enough just making the damn tackle.

On the punt, I noticed sometimes teams start turning their backs before the punter punts it and I always wondered why the punter didn't just take off if they weren't looking. It works.

Fosco33
12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
These announcers don't catch much besides the obvious.

Any word on Tausch?

Brohm
12-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Knee injury won't be back today.

digitaldean
We're getting close to nail in the coffin time the way this team is playing.

channtheman
Was that Montgomery that wasn't even LOOKING at the punter yet continued to push his guy? Hilarious!

Fosco33
This drive epitomizes the season. And it could effectively kill the season at the same time.

jmbarnes101
12-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I know our team isn't playing well but damn it, the referees this year have been absolutely abysmal. Every one of them needs to be fired and replaced after this season is finished.