PDA

View Full Version : Really sick of poor accuracy

Partial
12-07-2008, 02:31 PM
This is a truly awful game from A-Rod. How many times are you going to throw the ball behind the damn receiver? I have counted 7 just god awful passes.

This is his worst game of the season.

If his accuracy does not improve tremendously in the off-season, he is not the answer at QB.

arcilite
12-07-2008, 02:35 PM
i saw the thread title

and didnt need to look at who made it to know this would be a partial thread

PackerTimer
12-07-2008, 02:40 PM
He's missed some passes today, but as a whole his accuracy has been fine. This has been one of his worst games of the year. The offense as a whole has just been so piss poor. I'm actually really surprised how bad he's thrown the ball today. He's had some pretty good time and has just missed guys, wide open guys too.

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I mean he's only 12th in the league amongst the current starters in the league in passing completion accuracy. Time for him to go. :bs:

SkinBasket
12-07-2008, 03:14 PM
You of all people should not be complaining about anyone else's accuracy throwing a football.

And for the record, his accuracy was pretty much exactly on par for his season so far, which as has been pointed out is 12th in the league. Oh the humanity!!!

dissident94
12-07-2008, 03:16 PM
We should have scored 35-40 pts today. A-rod played like crap. This is where numbers can make a qb look better than he was. He was off target all day and it costed us dearly. OUr offense couldn't doi squat today. We had one big play and 1 td off of a pick. Other than that they sucked as well.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
i saw the thread title

and didnt need to look at who made it to know this would be a partial thread

? Is this needed? Either dispute the post made or don't post.

I can agree with Partial that Rodgers had a lot of bad passes today. His receivers bailed him out on some of them. I don't agree with what he said that Rodgers isn't accurate at all (in the game thread at least, haven't even completely read the full post here).

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 03:20 PM
You of all people should not be complaining about anyone else's accuracy throwing a football.

And for the record, his accuracy was pretty much exactly on par for his season so far, which as has been pointed out is 12th in the league. Oh the humanity!!!This.

Partial
12-07-2008, 03:20 PM
I counted 9 passes that could have easily been completions had they been slightly better passes. That's terrible.

Again, his stats don't tell the tale, because anyone can dump it off 20 times again. I'm talking down the field.

This was a horrendous game. And yet again, he shows that he is completely incapable of leading a team to victory.

arcilite
12-07-2008, 03:21 PM
I counted 9 passes that could have easily been completions had they been slightly better passes. That's terrible.

Again, his stats don't tell the tale, because anyone can dump it off 20 times again. I'm talking down the field.

This was a horrendous game. And yet again, he shows that he is completely incapable of leading a team to victory.

Horrible ? lol no.

Mediocre? Yes.

dissident94
12-07-2008, 03:21 PM
I would say horrible. We missed so many big plays that were there and so many 3rd downs.

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
We should have scored 35-40 pts today. A-rod played like crap. This is where numbers can make a qb look better than he was. He was off target all day and it costed us dearly. OUr offense couldn't doi squat today. We had one big play and 1 td off of a pick. Other than that they sucked as well.

QFT

Brohm
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM

Rodgers did not have a good game, but he also does not play Defense.

dissident94
12-07-2008, 03:23 PM
It didn't help the defense at all that we could not muster up a drive inthe first half to save someones life.

Partial
12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Didn't play defense? Was the ball not in his hands with 2 minutes left?!?!? He had every opportunity to win the game. They were in field goal range, and he blew it.

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 03:24 PM

He's a 1st year starter with a good upside and nice contract/security

3irty1
12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Didn't play defense? Was the ball not in his hands with 2 minutes left?!?!? He had every opportunity to win the game. They were in field goal range, and he blew it.

Because he got sacked on a lookout block and screwed by a phantom holding call?

The offensive line imploded on that series. Rodgers wasn't looking good today but he's not to blame for blowing it.

Joemailman
12-07-2008, 03:27 PM

I was wondering how long it would take someone to say Rodgers can't lead the team to victory. What's he supposed to do? Every time he leads the team on a 4th quarter scoring drive, which he did 4 times in the last 2 games, the defense lets the other team go down and score.

Brohm
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM

Tie game, was the ball not at the 2 yard line? And nm the holding call that nullified first down on the prior series which stared the spiral (phantom or not). As I said, Rodgers did not have his A-game, but to blame the loss on him, come on.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Didn't play defense? Was the ball not in his hands with 2 minutes left?!?!? He had every opportunity to win the game. They were in field goal range, and he blew it.YOu missed the fac that after that Houston was backed up to its own 2. THe D blew it. If the D did their fucking job gfor once ARod would have had another chance. Also, even if ARod got a FG or TD, there is a good chance it wouldn't matter becuase the defense sucks. I don't know why I even respond to your crap.

Partial
12-07-2008, 03:31 PM

I was wondering how long it would take someone to say Rodgers can't lead the team to victory. What's he supposed to do? Every time he leads the team on a 4th quarter scoring drive, which he did 4 times in the last 2 games, the defense lets the other team go down and score.

He could keep pace. There was no excuse not to score at home after the big momentum shifting pass to Driver.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 03:33 PM

He could keep pace. There was no excuse not to score at home after the big momentum shifting pass to Driver.Oh Christ come on. There is no way any QB could keep pace with a crap D like this. This ARod bashing you do is going beyond rediculous.

Partial
12-07-2008, 03:33 PM

The offensive line imploded on that series. Rodgers wasn't looking good today but he's not to blame for blowing it.

Then who is? It's a quarterbacks job to put points on the board. He leads his team into the red zone at home with 2 minutes left. You've got to score. Poor execution by the offense all around.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 03:35 PM

Then who is? It's a quarterbacks job to put points on the board. He leads his team into the red zone at home with 2 minutes left. You've got to score. Poor execution by the offense all around.

I didn't realize it was Rodgers that was flagged for holding on that drive (or anyone else for that matter, really).

Brohm
12-07-2008, 03:37 PM
This team has been sloppy all year in all facets of the game. I'd call it a reflection of the coaching staff right now. They need to make some fundamental changes so this team does not keep repeatedly fucking itself in the face.

cpk1994

I didn't realize it was Rodgers that was flagged for holding on that drive (or anyone else for that matter, really).And I didn't realize that Rodgers plays defense either.

channtheman

There you go. Rodgers didn't hold or get called for holding and he has no control over that. Rodgers does have control over not getting sacked on 2nd and long and taking us out of field goal range. After that, screw it.

Partial

He could keep pace. There was no excuse not to score at home after the big momentum shifting pass to Driver.Oh Christ come on. There is no way any QB could keep pace with a crap D like this. This ARod bashing you do is going beyond rediculous.

That's bullshit. I'm extremely fair. I give him props after a good game, and let him take his medicine after a bad game. Didn't I just say last week how that was his best game yet?

He's got rex grossman syndrome without the turnovers. He's incredibly inconsistent. He is either a playmaker or a nobody. Today he was a nobody.

As for the holding call... thats one of three plays. Maybe he could have manned up and shrugged off the ankle wrap off sack, or made a play on the other down. Winners make plays and don't make excuses. Losers blame the offensive line.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 03:42 PM

That's bullshit. I'm extremely fair. I give him props after a good game, and let him take his medicine after a bad game. Didn't I just say last week how that was his best game yet?

He's got rex grossman syndrome without the turnovers. He's incredibly inconsistent. He is either a playmaker or a nobody. Today he was a nobody.

As for the holding call... thats one of three plays. Maybe he could have manned up and shrugged off the ankle wrap off sack, or made a play on the other down. Winners make plays and don't make excuses. Losers blame the offensive line.Since when has ARod blamed his line? Now you are making shit up. It also appears you turned your TV off after the punt becuase you are so eager to blame ARod for everything that you are ignorant to the fact that the D let houston march from its OWN 2, to the GB 20. The Defense blew this one not ARod.

Partial
12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
The defense had their own blame, but had we converted on a field goal when in the red zone, it would have been a tie, or had we gotten a touchdown, it would have been a victory.

My fucking god. How can you put this all on the defense?!? After the offense cannot convert despite getting into the red zone, do you think they had any wind left in their sails?!?

Everyone and their mother knew if the Texans got the ball back they would win the game. The offense could not put the ball in the end zone, and the blame for that falls on the QB.

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
That holding call was bull, and I hope the officiating is more in our favor next year. Driver gets called for interference on the 50 yard bomb on a play that was pretty darn similar to what Steve Smith got away with against Charles Woodson last week (and I didn't complain about it). It seems it's like a 2-1 against-for ratio this year. Just one of those years, but it just keeps going on and it's frustrating. To me, that holding call was inexcusable (you could call that on any play, so why wait until a crucial time to call it?). I hope there's some reprecussions for that one. That was the game changer right there.

th87
12-07-2008, 03:46 PM

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

- Albert Einstein, who apparently predicted Partial's birth

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 03:48 PM
The defense had their own blame, but had we converted on a field goal when in the red zone, it would have been a tie, or had we gotten a touchdown, it would have been a victory.

My fucking god. How can you put this all on the defense?!? After the offense cannot convert despite getting into the red zone, do you think they had any wind left in their sails?!?

Everyone and their mother knew if the Texans got the ball back they would win the game. The offense could not put the ball in the end zone, and the blame for that falls on the QB.How can I put this all on the D? HOUSTON WAS BACKED UP TO ITS OWN 2 YARD LINE. They should be abel to make one simple stop. The ius no fucking excuse for allowing an almost 70 yard dirve with less than 2 minutes left. It was their fucking job to make a stop and get the ball back to ARod. THEY BLEW IT! IF you can't see that you are either blind or ignorant.

Partial

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

OK OK, I guess its unreasonable to expect to score when you have the ball at the 25 yard line with 4 downs.

channtheman

Hey this isn't called for.

Now Partial has the point that Rodgers should not have been sacked. If anything, we can at least be in field goal range and go up 3 and then force them to get in field goal range.

th87
12-07-2008, 03:50 PM

OK OK, I guess its unreasonable to expect to score when you have the ball at the 25 yard line with 4 downs.

It is when you get a holding penalty and your line whiffs on a blitz. Once you actually start watching football, you'll get that.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 03:51 PM

No that's not it. What's unreasonable is the suggestion that the QB alone is solely responsible for putting those points on the board. That the blame is on the QB alone if they can't score. That's what is unreasonable. Nobody - even a QB - can do his job well if his teammates aren't doing theirs.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Now Partial has the point that Rodgers should not have been sacked. If anything, we can at least be in field goal range and go up 3 and then force them to get in field goal range.Of course he shouldn't, but it shouldn't, but it should be noted that a couple of OL had prefect whiff jobs on their assignments on that one.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 03:52 PM

No that's not it. What's unreasonable is the suggestion that the QB alone is solely responsible for putting those points on the board. That the blame is on the QB alone if they can't score. That's what is unreasonable. Nobody - even a QB - can do his job well if his teammates aren't doing theirs.

th87

Now Partial has the point that Rodgers should not have been sacked. If anything, we can at least be in field goal range and go up 3 and then force them to get in field goal range.

He wouldn't have, had DC not whiffed on his block.

cpk1994

It is when you get a holding penalty and your line whiffs on a blitz. Once you actually start watching football, you'll get that.QFT.

Partial
12-07-2008, 03:53 PM

It is when you get a holding penalty and your line whiffs on a blitz. Once you actually start watching football, you'll get that.

The holding call I agree on, no one is disputing that isn't his fault.. I don't even remember what the result of the holding play was? Did they even have a positive yardage play with the advantage?

The smart quarterback throws the ball away through the back of the end zone and lets his team kick for 3. What is so hard to comprehend? Furthermore, the point of this thread the poor accuracy.

A-Rod was consistently off today and throwing behind receivers. This left tons of YAC on the field, and many balls were dropped (some nearly intercepted) that should have been decent gains and would have moved the chains.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 03:55 PM

The holding call I agree on, no one is disputing that isn't his fault.. I don't even remember what the result of the holding play was? Did they even have a positive yardage play with the advantage?

The smart quarterback throws the ball away through the back of the end zone and lets his team kick for 3. What is so hard to comprehend? Furthermore, the point of this thread the poor accuracy.

A-Rod was consistently off today and throwing behind receivers. This left tons of YAC on the field, and many balls were dropped (some nearly intercepted) that should have been decent gains and would have moved the chains.Kindo f hard to throw the ball away when you have a denfeder on you before you you even finish your drop back.

th87
12-07-2008, 03:57 PM

A-Rod was consistently off today and throwing behind receivers. This left tons of YAC on the field, and many balls were dropped (some nearly intercepted) that should have been decent gains and would have moved the chains.

Moll was called for holding, but it was a phantom call. On that play, Grant gained around 10 yards on a run.

There was no way Rodgers could do anything on the sack. The defender was on him immediately.

QBs aren't always on fire. But he did enough to win.

pack4to84
12-07-2008, 04:06 PM

A-Rod was consistently off today and throwing behind receivers. This left tons of YAC on the field, and many balls were dropped (some nearly intercepted) that should have been decent gains and would have moved the chains.It was not Rodgers fault we lost. The D gave up 549 yards. Rogers threw for 295 yards 2 TD 8.7 yards per pass play. completed 63%
Partial you talk like a 12 year old kid to think this was Rodgers fault. What did I miss something and Rodgers was playing defense.

BobDobbs
12-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I totally agree with Partial that A rod had a tough game. His passes were floating high all day and he didn't have a lot pop on his throws. And he needs to see the whole field and make quicker descions. But, we didn't get a run going until late in the game. McCarthy didn't seem very dedicated to it. I was glad that they started throwing vertically today, but they went overboard. They never established any consistency on offense, definitely should have scored more points, but I think McCarthy holds more blame than Rodgers.

As far as the red zone drive. That is not Rodgers fault. Moll did snap the jersey, but that was a very tight call. We should have had the ball on the ten and been ready to score the winning points. That sack was exactly the kind of sack that the ball should not have been thrown away. That's a pick waiting to happen.

Today was on the D. No way around it, the couldn't get off the field unless it was by turnover. That first touchdown was keystone cops. Multiple big plays. No pressure at the end. Again. We're just not very good right now.

red
12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
a-rod had some bad overthrows early, but i blame those on the wr's running in slow motion to start the game, probably because of the cold or longer cleats. on the first overthrow to jennings it looked like jennings was running full speed, but he was moving like he was jogging.

the long bomb to jennings in double coverage though was a thing of beauty. the pass was perfect

oh, and it was ass cold. hard to grip a ball and fire as hard as you can in those conditions

chain_gang
12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
a-rod had some bad overthrows early, but i blame those on the wr's running in slow motion to start the game, probably because of the cold or longer cleats. on the first overthrow to jennings it looked like jennings was running full speed, but he was moving like he was jogging.

the long bomb to jennings in double coverage though was a thing of beauty. the pass was perfect

oh, and it was ass cold. hard to grip a ball and fire as hard as you can in those conditions

There was one to Jordy Nelson I think in the first half that was the same way, the pass looked perfect and it was we it had to be, he just didn't seem like he was running full speed, it may have been the his footing. I thought to myself damn we need a guy with gamebreaking speed on offense.

PackerTimer
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM

And he drove the team down and had them in scoring position. An absolutely terrible penalty call changed the scope of that drive. There is such an absolute blindness out there when it comes to what Rodger does. He had a bad game. Period. I agree with you. But his accuracy on the year has been fine. Rodgers is our QB for the future. Anybody who is comfortable with that is crazy. With a better defense and some better breaks this is a much better team - which consequently we got last year and were a much better team.

This whole crap about Rodgers not winning a game in the fourth is BS. He's done his job a number of times. Tennessee, he got the ball down the field and tied the game and the defense then crapped it away not once but twice - only being saved by a missed field goal. Minnesota he drove the ball down and got a field goal to put us up six. The defense crapped it away. Even despite that he drove the team down again and had them at the 40 and MM decided a 55 yard field goal was close enough. Carolina he drives down and gets the team to the one. MM takes the ball out of his hands and the settle for a field goal but it gets us the lead. Then special teams and defense crap another one away. And today he had us down there again only to have everything get pissed away by a bad penalty call.

Some touchdowns on those drives would have been nice but even without getting touchdowns he's driven us down and gotten points in a number of games that the defense has promptly made worthless.

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 08:25 PM
haha

PackerTimer
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM

If the point of the thread is about accuracy I still don't get it. He has been pretty accurate. Every QB's stats are inflated by short completions. It's not like he's the only QB out there making short throws. Favre dumped the ball off all day today. As some have pointed out, Rodgers is near the top ten in completion percentage. But even beyond that what I've seen with my own eyes shows that he's plenty accurate. Today was not good but through the whole season I have no complaints with Rodgers accuracy.

Little Whiskey
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
i'm not sure you put this whole thing on the defense either. they did have 4 turnovers. the only points the pack scored was off of turnovers. to me it was a full team loss.....helped along by some piss poor calls. just seemed like the game wasn't called evenly for both sides.

bobblehead
12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I was wondering how long it would take someone to say Rodgers can't lead the team to victory. What's he supposed to do?

switch to DE.

Partial
12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
i'm not sure you put this whole thing on the defense either. they did have 4 turnovers. the only points the pack scored was off of turnovers. to me it was a full team loss.....helped along by some piss poor calls. just seemed like the game wasn't called evenly for both sides.

DING DING DING. I am truly surprised by most of the comments here. A-Rod left probably 5-6 first downs (let alone sequential first downs that would have followed had the drive been extended) on the field with bad passes today. The offense straight up did not produce.

While giving up a million yards, the defense held firm and gave up 21 points and put us in a chance to win with 2 minutes left and the ball in gimme field goal range for Crosby with 4 downs for the offense to make something happen. They did not.

Blaming the defense exclusively is a cop out.

LEWCWA
12-07-2008, 08:56 PM

Tie game, was the ball not at the 2 yard line? And nm the holding call that nullified first down on the prior series which stared the spiral (phantom or not). As I said, Rodgers did not have his A-game, but to blame the loss on him, come on.

Obviously the loss isn't on Rodgers, but for whatever reason he again came up short with the game on the line! The D gave up a bunch of yards, but also got a bunch of Turnovers....so is that a good or bad day. It should've been enough, if the O can do anything.

LEWCWA
12-07-2008, 09:03 PM

Everyone and their mother knew if the Texans got the ball back they would win the game. The offense could not put the ball in the end zone, and the blame for that falls on the QB.How can I put this all on the D? HOUSTON WAS BACKED UP TO ITS OWN 2 YARD LINE. They should be abel to make one simple stop. The ius no fucking excuse for allowing an almost 70 yard dirve with less than 2 minutes left. It was their fucking job to make a stop and get the ball back to ARod. THEY BLEW IT! IF you can't see that you are either blind or ignorant.

You are completly correct! But Arod had the Offense at the 10 and didn't score!!There is no fucking excuse for not scoring. THEY BLEW IT. If you can't see that you are......well just ignorant

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
You are completly correct! But Arod had the Offense at the 10 and didn't score!!There is no fucking excuse for not scoring. THEY BLEW IT. If you can't see that you are......well just ignorant

If you are talking about the last drive, then no they didn't have it at the 10. They had an 11-yard run that would have given them a 1st and 10 at the 11, but it was called back by a bad holding call. Instead, it was 2nd and 17 at Houston's 32. Then, the poor blocking on a quick sack.

imscott72
12-07-2008, 09:41 PM
And yet again, he shows that he is completely incapable of leading a team to victory.

Yeah he sucks. His completion % is better than both Manning boys. His QB rating for the season is better than Favre and Peyton. Cut him loose! :roll:

imscott72
12-07-2008, 09:43 PM

If you are talking about the last drive, then no they didn't have it at the 10. They had an 11-yard run that would have given them a 1st and 10 at the 11, but it was called back by a bad holding call. Instead, it was 2nd and 17 at Houston's 32. Then, the poor blocking on a quick sack.

Exactly, but let the countdown begin to someone saying the holding call and the poor blocking was also Arod's fault.. :roll:

PackerTimer
12-07-2008, 10:28 PM

Exactly, but let the countdown begin to someone saying the holding call and the poor blocking was also Arod's fault.. :roll:

You do know that he holds the ball too long, right? :roll:

BallHawk
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
[quote=Partial] And yet again, he shows that he is completely incapable of leading a team to victory.

Then what the hell was Carolina?

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2008, 11:17 PM

But I guess that for you exclusively blaming Rodgers isn't a cop out. Whatever.

Partial
12-07-2008, 11:23 PM

I didn't. I blame the offense. As the quarterback, they get the blame as they are in the leadership role on the offense.

I made this thread before the end of the game. He threw a total of 9 truly awful passes that left plenty of yardage, particularly on third down, on the field.

What gives with that?

th87
12-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah, because letting a team pile up almost 600 yards of offense is totally acceptable.

My blame roughly goes like this:

Defense: 85%
That crappy holding, sack sequence in the 4th: 10%
Rodgers' inaccuracy: 5%

Despite the inaccuracy, he still put the team in a position to win until the ref decided to call a phantom holding, and Colledge decided to take the play off.

Partial
12-08-2008, 12:32 AM
How can you blame a defense that gives up 21 points and forces four turnovers? How many more turnovers or fewer points should they have given up?

Partial
12-08-2008, 12:46 AM
"In less subtle ways, the offense was almost as responsible for the defeat. Determined to stop the run and almost daring the Packers to pass, the Texans put their marginal set of defensive backs in so many man-to-man situations that Green Bay's net passing yardage of 279 actually was a disappointment.

But Aaron Rodgers threw enough off-target passes and the entire offense malfunctioned on third down enough times so the Texans' defense was able to maintain its equilibrium.

"I didn't get it done today," Rodgers said. "Too inconsistent."

Nevertheless, the Packers suddenly found themselves in position to win after the Texans blew a coverage and Donald Driver turned an intermediate crossing route into a 59-yard catch and run."

Harlan Huckleby
12-08-2008, 12:46 AM
This is a truly awful game from A-Rod. How many times are you going to throw the ball behind the damn receiver? I have counted 7 just god awful passes.

This is his worst game of the season.

If his accuracy does not improve tremendously in the off-season, he is not the answer at QB.

He was throwing a lot of high balls today. I think the cold weather was probably part of his problem.

Rodgers had some beautiful passes too.

Partial
12-08-2008, 12:48 AM
For all you A-Rod homers... Teams don't respect him.

Even the Texans, with their AWFUL secondary of journeymen said they wanted to focus 100% on stopping the run and dare A-Rod to beat them.

Well, A-Rod went 1 for 10 on 3rd down and proved that he is not as capable as many here seem to think he is. Fuck.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/35693884.html

Lots of great quotes in there. I absolutely loath the 3rd down sentiment in there. Sure, they're ok in 3rd and short because they have a dominating short passing game.

But, they're the worst team in the league statistically at 3rd and long. That is what separates good teams from bad teams.

th87
12-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Well since the Giants put 8 in the box against Favre in the NFCCG, they don't respect him either.

If you had said Rodgers played an inconsistent game, I'd agree with you. But you're presenting it as though he's the reason for the loss, which is ridiculous. And given your history of ridiculous Rodgers-bashing, do forgive us if we don't take you seriously.

Partial
12-08-2008, 01:07 AM
Well since the Giants put 8 in the box against Favre in the NFCCG, they don't respect him either.

If you had said Rodgers played an inconsistent game, I'd agree with you. But you're presenting it as though he's the reason for the loss, which is ridiculous. And given your history of ridiculous Rodgers-bashing, do forgive us if we don't take you seriously.

What? The post was about yards left on the field and how if he continues this, he isn't the answer. I have said the defense obviously blew it, but the offense blew their shot too, and only put up 21 points. The defense put them in the position to be successful and they did not get it done. Where is blaming strictly A-Rod?!?

My goodness.

th87
12-08-2008, 01:12 AM
For all you A-Rod homers... Teams don't respect him.

Well, A-Rod went 1 for 10 on 3rd down and proved that he is not as capable as many here seem to think he is. Fuck.

That's not blaming him? The more accurate statement would be that the Packers went 1-10.

And if you're going to conclude that teams don't respect him, you need to remember that the Giants stacked 8 in the box for Favre.

And if he continues what? Growing? Figuring out the NFL? I guess we should've gotten rid of Favre in 1994 too then.

cpk1994
12-08-2008, 04:20 AM
How can you blame a defense that gives up 21 points and forces four turnovers? How many more turnovers or fewer points should they have given up?Simple. A defense that had the Texans backed up to their OWN 2 YARD LINE and let them go right down the field and kick the GW FG.

Partial
12-08-2008, 05:18 AM
How can you blame a defense that gives up 21 points and forces four turnovers? How many more turnovers or fewer points should they have given up?Simple. A defense that had the Texans backed up to their OWN 2 YARD LINE and let them go right down the field and kick the GW FG.

That's not answering the question.

How many times previously in the game did they stop them!?! Are you going to blame a loss on a defense if the Packers lose 3-0 and force 4 turnovers?

SkinBasket
12-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Partial, sometimes you go all retarded stoopid.

I think you need to watch some of your game film on Favre's games in cold weather last season to remember how difficult throwing in those conditions is. Yeah, he missed some passes. The WRs ran some slow routes. Our OL is busted up and kind of shitty sometimes. The Texans played defense. Shit happens. Every game. For every team. If you're expecting a perfect game out of our QB in single digit temps I also suspect you're going to be waiting by the fireplace with your cookies and milk in hand Christmas Eve.

sheepshead
12-08-2008, 08:08 AM

You know, the problem is a lot of guys have a Brett Favre highlight reel in their head. They insert that into any mediocre game Arod has and blame the QB. Favre had plenty of bad throws, bad games, bad months even. ARod is doing just fine.

Packnut
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Rodgers is what he is, a first year starter. As with ANY first year starter, he is in-consistent. He's played well enough with the cards he's been dealt. He has to LEARN HOW TO WIN. He has to learn a 3 yd dump-off on 3rd and 12 will not get it done in this league. As for his accuracy, Partial is right-it does vanish at times which is to be expected.

The up-side is that Rodgers has shown an ability to learn and there is no reason to think that his learning process won't continue. I said it last season and I stick by it, Rodgers will be an above average QB in time. How much above average depends on the quality of players around him and by a coach who understands play calling (which we do not have at this point).

imscott72
12-08-2008, 09:57 AM
But, they're the worst team in the league statistically at 3rd and long. That is what separates good teams from bad teams.

What separates good teams from bad teams is the ability of the defense to close out games when the offense gives them a 4th quarter lead. We just don't have that kind of defense.

imscott72
12-08-2008, 10:00 AM

The defense put them in the position to be successful and they did not get it done.

Dumbest post of the entire thread. Giving up 500+ yards to the other team is putting the offense is position to be successful? And I don't call a muffed punt a forced turnover.

Cheesehead Craig
12-08-2008, 10:23 AM

I didn't.

Liar

Liar

Was the ball not in his hands with 2 minutes left?!?!? He had every opportunity to win the game. They were in field goal range, and he blew it.

Liar

The offense could not put the ball in the end zone, and the blame for that falls on the QB.

cpk1994
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM

I didn't.

Liar

Liar

Was the ball not in his hands with 2 minutes left?!?!? He had every opportunity to win the game. They were in field goal range, and he blew it.

Liar

The offense could not put the ball in the end zone, and the blame for that falls on the QB.Patlerized. And it wasn't even Patler! :D

bobblehead
12-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Everyone and their mother knew if the Texans got the ball back they would win the game. The offense could not put the ball in the end zone, and the blame for that falls on the QB.

Ok, first thing..we have the #1 red zone offense in the league so....

second thing, we got nailed with a phantom holding penalty that kinda fucked us on that final drive....then on 2nd and 20 (instead of 3rd and 3)
the OL got blown up, hardly rogers fault.

third thing "how can you put this on the defense" well, second most yards EVER given up in Lambeau kinda speeks for itself don't it?

bobblehead
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
That holding call was bull, and I hope the officiating is more in our favor next year. Driver gets called for interference on the 50 yard bomb on a play that was pretty darn similar to what Steve Smith got away with against Charles Woodson last week (and I didn't complain about it). It seems it's like a 2-1 against-for ratio this year. Just one of those years, but it just keeps going on and it's frustrating. To me, that holding call was inexcusable (you could call that on any play, so why wait until a crucial time to call it?). I hope there's some reprecussions for that one. That was the game changer right there.

Same thing in the Minny game...college got called for holding on a perfect engage and cut block. wiped out like a 20 yard run, backed us up from would be the 17 to the 40, 1st and ten becomes 1st and 20 at the 40. Were these phantom holds the ONLY reason we lost these 2 games...no, but they sure didn't help.

HarveyWallbangers
12-08-2008, 12:02 PM
second thing, we got nailed with a phantom holding penalty that kinda fucked us on that final drive....then on 2nd and 20 (instead of 3rd and 3)

Actually, we would have had 1st and 10 at the 11. Instead, we had 2nd and 17 from the 32.

bobblehead
12-08-2008, 12:15 PM

but blaming rodgers when he had a pretty solid day isn't. :shock: