PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Bishop

arcilite
12-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Announcers kept saying he had a great game..what were they watching?

I kept seeing him get beat on pass plays by the RB and FB for 20+ yards.

I thought he was horrible.

Brohm
12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Covering RBs out of the backfield has been the bane of our LBs all season >< It's like it's a lost art or something :shock:

billy_oliver880
12-07-2008, 03:19 PM

They were caught up in the fact that he caused a fumble. :roll:

arcilite
12-07-2008, 03:20 PM

And that 1 play where he tackled the RB 5 yards deep on third and short. That was a good play.

But he sucked at everything else.

Bossman641
12-07-2008, 03:23 PM

And that 1 play where he tackled the RB 5 yards deep on third and short. That was a good play.

But he sucked at everything else.

Yup. You look at the stats and he had a fumble forced, a sack, a tackle for loss, and a number of tackles. You watch the game and know he was getting beat on passes to the sidelines over and over again by the RB's.

wist43
12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Why is he on the field in the nickel anyway??? Don't know what the DB availability was though.

Still, Bishop in coverage in the nickel with the game on the line??? Somebody's not thinking, Bob :)

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Why is he on the field in the nickel anyway??? Don't know what the DB availability was though.

Still, Bishop in coverage in the nickel with the game on the line??? Somebody's not thinking, Bob :)

Chillar was inactive. Who you gonna put in next to Hawk?

Brohm
12-07-2008, 03:26 PM

?? What happened to Chillar ?? I must have been asleep at the wheel this past week, Was wondering where the hell he was :shock:

arcilite
12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
We should have put Rouse in for Bishop on those 3rd and long situations or something. Rouse has the size to match up and can cover the pass better

Joemailman
12-07-2008, 03:29 PM

?? What happened to Chillar ?? I must have been asleep at the wheel this past week, Was wondering where the hell he was :shock:

He suffered an injury in practice on Wednesday.

3irty1
12-07-2008, 03:29 PM
We should have put Rouse in for Bishop on those 3rd and long situations or something. Rouse has the size to match up and can cover the pass better

Is he not hurt?

arcilite
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM

Is he not hurt?

I thought he was fine? I saw him dressed and on the sidelines.

wist43
12-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I wasn't sure who was available... but I did look, and Rouse was on the field; but, they played Woodson at SS most of the game, brought Rouse in in the nickel, while Williams played corner in the base.

Williams would have been coming in on the nickel and Rouse would have been in my base defense... Sanders never adjusted from a poorly designed game plan to begin with.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Off thread topic, but Gus Johnson seriously needs to switch to decaf.