PDA

View Full Version : To all the Ted Lovers!

bbbffl66
12-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I don't post often, though I am on this site a lot. Just a question for the TT lovers on this site. Do you really see any cause for optimisim? The coach coaches not to lose, the players are below average, with some exceptions. What gives you faith that TT can do the job? This team is at best a .500 team. When we are the youngest team again next year, what will you be saying? A complete overhaul looks like it is needed! How did that happen? TT has done very little to improve this team, other than Jennings and Woodson. The lines suck, the ST's suck, the backs are average at best. Are we going to be wandering in the wilderness for another 20 years? :evil:

channtheman
12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I think it's the coaches. MM has brainfarts. Today was better but a bonehead timeout at the end of the game was a bad decision. Our DC needs to go as does our ST coach. Thompson needs to be more aggressive in the off season and instead of trading down in the draft, use some of those picks to get good proven players that are still in their prime that can help shore up the defensive line.

BallHawk
12-07-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't post often, though I am on this site a lot. Just a question for the TT lovers on this site. Do you really see any cause for optimisim? The coach coaches not to lose, the players are below average, with some exceptions. What gives you faith that TT can do the job? This team is at best a .500 team. When we are the youngest team again next year, what will you be saying? A complete overhaul looks like it is needed! How did that happen? TT has done very little to improve this team, other than Jennings and Woodson. The lines suck, the ST's suck, the backs are average at best. Are we going to be wandering in the wilderness for another 20 years? :evil:

1. I do see cause for optimism because we have a great young QB, a young top 10 WR, two promising WRs (JJ and Jordy) a RB who with blocking can do wonders, a top CB tandem with promise in T-Will, Cullen, Kampman, and a solid LB core.

2. I remember the 4-12 Packers of Sherman. Then I remember the Packers from last year. That's what gives me faith TT can do his job.

3. Calling Ryan Grant "average at best" is laughable. That's all I'm going to say to that.

4. To say TT has done very little to improve the team besides Jennings and Woodson is also laughable. That's all I'm going to say to that.

I understand your frustration, but things aren't as bad as they seem.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I think you are going a little overboard. Yes the lines suck, the DL more than the OL. But McCarthy coaching not to lose? I disagree. His job is to win football games. Remember the Herm Edwards rant. Also, I disagree that its below average talent. The team is pretty much the same sans KGB, Williams and Favre. That team went 13-3.
But it seems a lot of the problems with the D and ST are the coaches themselves. But when players are constantly out of place and making mental mistakes, like the D is making, that falls squarely on the coaches. McCarthy for his part has reduced the mental mistakes on offense for the most part. Doesn't seem to be happening on the D sdie of the ball. If you get a new DC and a new Special Teams coach and the team doesn't improve, then you have good reason to question McCarthy and TT.

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I think he just needs to hit on a DT sometime soon. You can't really fault him for not trying though - he made a key FA pickup when he got Ryan Pickett and took a huge risk when drafting Harrell at #16. Every GM misses on some, and that one just happened to be one of his misses so far. Other than that, I think he has solid players in the secondary, and solid LB's when healthy. His decision to sign Brandon Chillar via FA has turned out to be a good one.

On offense I can't really fault him too much, since most of his draft picks have been used on WR's and OL. Generally speaking, the offense is putting enough points on the board. I'd like him to sign one veteran guard in FA, but it has to be a ZBS type guard with experience in an effective ZBS system. I think we are set at all the skill positions on offense, and almost all the credit for that goes to TT.

bbbffl66
12-07-2008, 04:09 PM
The penalties are coaching. And TT hires the coach! And Grant is an av erage back!I'm not the only one who thiks that. Read Bob Mcguin from the Journal Sentinal. No, what's laughible is peoples blind faith in an incompetant regime!

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 04:10 PM
FIRE SNAKE TT!!!

BRING BLACK RHODES AND WOLF...

Joemailman
12-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Look around the league, and there are lots of teams that go from the outhouse to the penthouse, and vice versa, in one year. The offense will be one of the best next year. They need to get healthy on D, draft and/or sign some linemen, and get a new DC.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 04:12 PM
The penalties are coaching. And TT hires the coach! And Grant is an av erage back!I'm not the only one who thiks that. Read Bob Mcguin from the Journal Sentinal. No, what's laughible is peoples blind faith in an incompetant regime!

Did you read any of our posts? We don't think TT is a god and we have shown proof that he has done some good things. We also have pointed out his faults and things we would like him to do. You seem to just want people to react and insult you. Are you a troll?

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 04:12 PM
The penalties are coaching. And TT hires the coach! And Grant is an av erage back!I'm not the only one who thiks that. Read Bob Mcguin from the Journal Sentinal. No, what's laughible is peoples blind faith in an incompetant regime!Yeah becuase Bob McGin is an NFL expert. :roll:

bbbffl66
12-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes I read the posts, and some here
do think TT is a god! And no I'm not a troll! Just a pissed off Packer fan tired of TT ruining my team.

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Look around the league, and there are lots of teams that go from the outhouse to the penthouse, and vice versa, in one year. The offense will be one of the best next year. They need to get healthy on D, draft and/or sign some linemen, and get a new DC.

wont hold my breath b/c u NEVER know

channtheman
12-07-2008, 04:15 PM
do think TT is a god! And no I'm not a troll! Just a pissed off Packer fan tired of TT ruining my team.

Well none of the people that think TT is a god have posted in this thread. We have all posted good and bad things about TT. The people who go overboard either way are the ones that need to look at their views and see what is wrong.

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 04:16 PM

in exactly which ways has he ruined it fella?

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
do think TT is a god! And no I'm not a troll! Just a pissed off Packer fan tired of TT ruining my team.TT isn't ruining it. This team was even worse when he was hired.

bbbffl66
12-07-2008, 04:17 PM

And all I need to do is win the lottery to be able to get with Miranda Kerr!

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 04:22 PM
do think TT is a god! And no I'm not a troll! Just a pissed off Packer fan tired of TT ruining my team.TT isn't ruining it. This team was even worse when he was hired.

Excellent point

channtheman
12-07-2008, 04:24 PM

Excellent point

Unless bbb is saying that TT destroyed what he created? I don't know.

Partial
12-07-2008, 04:26 PM
The penalties are coaching. And TT hires the coach! And Grant is an av erage back!I'm not the only one who thiks that. Read Bob Mcguin from the Journal Sentinal. No, what's laughible is peoples blind faith in an incompetant regime!Yeah becuase Bob McGin is an NFL expert. :roll:

I would say that he is one of the most knowledgable football writers out there.. certainly moreso than an expert like yourself.. :P

Partial
12-07-2008, 04:26 PM

no doubt.. but how much better is it now? We're at 5-8. Not that much better. TT is below .500, and that isn't good.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 04:38 PM

I would say that he is one of the most knowledgable football writers out there.. certainly moreso than an expert like yourself.. :PI don't consider myself an expert, and while Bob is knowledgeable, I still think he is an idiot.

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 04:40 PM
TED (INFAMY) THOMPSON....

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 04:47 PM
TED (INFAMY) THOMPSON....Quite an insightful post.

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 04:49 PM

no insight needed; just good ol plain common sense....

Rastak
12-07-2008, 04:49 PM

You have to admit his methodical presentation of the facts pretty put everyone in a box.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 05:01 PM

You have to admit his methodical presentation of the facts pretty put everyone in a box.That wouls be giving him too much credit.

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
he he he

btw, no one presents facts here; it's ALL conjecture and i dont feel the need to beat dead horse on this topic like some cats...

BallHawk
12-07-2008, 05:10 PM

That's as insightful as it gets from him.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 05:15 PM
he he he

btw, no one presents facts here; it's ALL conjecture and i dont feel the need to beat dead horse on this topic like some cats...You dont read what you post do you? Becuase if you did, you would realize how hypocritical you are now sounding.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-07-2008, 05:31 PM
bbb = tank? i'm sure that thought has crossed other minds.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 05:37 PM
bbb = tank? i'm sure that thought has crossed other minds.Actually, there have been a few posters that have been said to be Tank. Gex, Mobb are the two main ones.

Zool
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Typical fan drivel.

I KNOW WHATS BEST AND YOU DONT!

I kinda hope we lose out the season now and see what sort of fever pitch we can get out of the absolute hoard of internet tards out there waiting to post some serious amounts of BS.

If it starts getting back into flame wars again, I will be putting people on time out. Just an FYI.

gex
12-07-2008, 11:38 PM

I would say that he is one of the most knowledgable football writers out there.. certainly moreso than an expert like yourself.. :PI don't consider myself an expert, and while Bob is knowledgeable, I still think he is an idiot.

semi-Quote from Zool in another thread
"cpk you know I hate you right? Did you seriously say that?

Die in a fire plz."
end quote

cpk1994
12-08-2008, 04:00 AM

semi-Quote from Zool in another thread
"cpk you know I hate you right? Did you seriously say that?

Die in a fire plz."
end quoteOnce again, you contribute nothing to this discussion.

Bretsky
12-08-2008, 10:18 AM
hate the title of the thread; it leads to the spatting that we knew would come.

SkinBasket
12-08-2008, 10:34 AM

http://www.getminted.com/gambling/gambling/images/stories/freak%20out.gif
FREAK OUT!

Zool
12-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Nice old school single button Apple mouse.

texaspackerbacker
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM

no doubt.. but how much better is it now? We're at 5-8. Not that much better. TT is below .500, and that isn't good.

It's just plain stupid to bad mouth Thompson. It's even stupider to blame Sanders. The injuries, along with miscellaneous other items of bad luck are responsible for losing FIVE GAMES by four points or less. The same was true in the 4-12 season, and a bunch of fools got all panicky then, too.

How in the hell BAD do you think our defense would be if we had some other scheme? Zone coverage, overdoing the blitzing, etc., it would be a disaster, given the diminished talent due to injuries.

There is a ton of reason for optimism to bounce back big next season. The one worry I have is that the idiots get their way, and Sanders does get replaced by some blitz-happy numbskull of a D-Coordinator. Fortunately, however, I don't see that happening, because I think McCarthy/Thompson have the good sense to appreciate that D scheme we have.

What could improve things? I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers going to a 3-4 D next year--keep the man coverage, keep the small amount of blitzing--except that one of the four LBs usually blitzes--still just four going in. The D line we have is mostly suited for that; Draft another good LB or two; Barnett and Hawk both inside, with Chillar, Bishop, and Popinga, all of whom seem capable of blitzing and coverage as needed; The 3-4 is supposed to be good for stopping the run. It might just work.

Back to reality, though. Things probably aren't gonna change, and that's fine with me. Keep Sanders, get everybody healed up, and this will be a great defense next season.

Bossman641
12-08-2008, 12:18 PM

It's just plain stupid to bad mouth Thompson. It's even stupider to blame Sanders. The injuries, along with miscellaneous other items of bad luck are responsible for losing FIVE GAMES by four points or less. The same was true in the 4-12 season, and a bunch of fools got all panicky then, too.

How in the hell BAD do you think our defense would be if we had some other scheme? Zone coverage, overdoing the blitzing, etc., it would be a disaster, given the diminished talent due to injuries.

There is a ton of reason for optimism to bounce back big next season. The one worry I have is that the idiots get their way, and Sanders does get replaced by some blitz-happy numbskull of a D-Coordinator. Fortunately, however, I don't see that happening, because I think McCarthy/Thompson have the good sense to appreciate that D scheme we have.

What could improve things? I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers going to a 3-4 D next year--keep the man coverage, keep the small amount of blitzing--except that one of the four LBs usually blitzes--still just four going in. The D line we have is mostly suited for that; Draft another good LB or two; Barnett and Hawk both inside, with Chillar, Bishop, and Popinga, all of whom seem capable of blitzing and coverage as needed; The 3-4 is supposed to be good for stopping the run. It might just work.

Back to reality, though. Things probably aren't gonna change, and that's fine with me. Keep Sanders, get everybody healed up, and this will be a great defense next season.

Did you watch Bishop get lit up yesterday by any chance?

cpk1994
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM

Back to reality, though. Things probably aren't gonna change, and that's fine with me. Keep Sanders, get everybody healed up, and this will be a great defense next season.PLease. Sanderrs wan't getting it done this year when all hands were on deck. Sanders is incompetent and needs to go. You don't have to get a "blitz happy numskull" as you put it either. As HC get fired there will be good DC out there to be had. Sanders must go.

texaspackerbacker
12-08-2008, 01:15 PM

Back to reality, though. Things probably aren't gonna change, and that's fine with me. Keep Sanders, get everybody healed up, and this will be a great defense next season.PLease. Sanderrs wan't getting it done this year when all hands were on deck. Sanders is incompetent and needs to go. You don't have to get a "blitz happy numskull" as you put it either. As HC get fired there will be good DC out there to be had. Sanders must go.

I repeat, get rid of Sanders and you change the scheme--unless maybe you go and dig up Jim Bates. Do you guys REALLY think some half-assed system with mostly zone coverage and way too many blitzes is better? Watch a few games; CONSISTENTLY, pro or college, blitzing results in big plays for the opponents, while dropping in coverage results in turnovers--like has been the Packers bread and butter.

Yes, I watched Bishop. I have always had a high opinion of him, and it's based on Sunday's game that I say, he can do it all--blitz when needed, cover decently as LBs go, and do a helluva job against the run. One of the few positives from that game was seeing Bishop show some skills. The much-maligned Montgomery did OK too. Kampman was the one getting run over and mostly falling short on sacks. He kinda reminded me of KGB.

Gunakor
12-08-2008, 03:30 PM
I repeat, get rid of Sanders and you change the scheme--unless maybe you go and dig up Jim Bates. Do you guys REALLY think some half-assed system with mostly zone coverage and way too many blitzes is better? Watch a few games; CONSISTENTLY, pro or college, blitzing results in big plays for the opponents, while dropping in coverage results in turnovers--like has been the Packers bread and butter.

Yes, I watched Bishop. I have always had a high opinion of him, and it's based on Sunday's game that I say, he can do it all--blitz when needed, cover decently as LBs go, and do a helluva job against the run. One of the few positives from that game was seeing Bishop show some skills. The much-maligned Montgomery did OK too. Kampman was the one getting run over and mostly falling short on sacks. He kinda reminded me of KGB.

I would like a change in scheme, and a new DC. I don't want to see zone coverage and lots of blitzing, but I would like a change in philosophy on defense. I would like a defense that is far more focused on stopping the run, even if it comes at a cost of a slightly more lax pass defense. I want to see a real SS (not Charles Woodson) down in the box ready to annihilate the RB at the LOS. I want to see a scheme that doesn't have AJ Hawk simply eating blocks so Barnett can make tackles - rather a scheme that teaches ALL of our DL and LB's how to shed blocks and make plays. All of that can be accomplished without switching to a primarily zone coverage with lots of blizing.