PDA

View Full Version : Tauscher likely out for season

Brando19
12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml?GID=xOdLLGYSfGr6KgcVRQ+OqHYh8MhaRp7rjq AflyFAiCc%3D

Could this be the end of Tausch in Green Bay??

channtheman
12-07-2008, 05:16 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml?GID=xOdLLGYSfGr6KgcVRQ+OqHYh8MhaRp7rjq AflyFAiCc%3D

He was going to need to be replaced very soon anyway. I guess this is just the shit icing on the shit cake, though.

MOBB DEEP
12-07-2008, 05:16 PM
oh snap,

it may be; GO BUCKY....

gbgary
12-07-2008, 05:17 PM
yup. too bad for mark. this team has more problems than one or two drafts can address. hello ted...HELLLLLLO!

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 05:56 PM
yup. too bad for mark. this team has more problems than one or two drafts can address. hello ted...HELLLLLLO!

So what would you do? FA, fine. Who? How much money do we pay him? How long do we sign him for? What happens if he gets injured, who do we use to back him up - and how much do we pay him? The business side of these decisions sux, doesn't it.

I wish people would stop bashing a guy for doing a job they have no idea how to do better.

Partial
12-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Sign him to a one year, 1 mil deal. If he blew out a knee, he won't get more than that from anyone else. They owe him a chance to come back and compete, or at least have one more shot to be a Packer after everything he has given them over the years.

Then again, this organization showed me how little they value loyalty last summer, so I won't be surprised either way.

BallHawk
12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Then again, this organization showed me how little they value loyalty last summer, so I won't be surprised either way.

:roll: :roll:

Way to try and stir the pot, P.

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Way to try and stir the pot, P.You expect anything less?

Bretsky
12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
very sad

He is a trooper

Hopefully it's not a ACL tear

Gunakor
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Sign him to a one year, 1 mil deal. If he blew out a knee, he won't get more than that from anyone else. They owe him a chance to come back and compete, or at least have one more shot to be a Packer after everything he has given them over the years.

You mean when they resigned Rodgers to a 6 year deal? How about last year and the years prior, when Barnett, Harris, and Driver all got extentions? I don't think loyalty is or ever has been an issue.

Fritz
12-07-2008, 06:30 PM

Yea, poor Brett. He retired, then said it was all rumor that he was coming back, then wanted to waltz in right at the beginning of camp.

How disloyal the Packers were to him.

gbgary
12-07-2008, 06:33 PM

So what would you do? FA, fine. Who? How much money do we pay him? How long do we sign him for? What happens if he gets injured, who do we use to back him up - and how much do we pay him? The business side of these decisions sux, doesn't it.

I wish people would stop bashing a guy for doing a job they have no idea how to do better.

yes i'm talking about free agency. we need an impact defensive lineman, linebacker, offensive lineman. we are millions under the cap and have to get involved. standing pat isn't going to cut it or it will be worse next season. i'm not bashing...i'm ranting. :D and i'm sure you've done the same many times...your parents, your wife, your boss, the president, etc.

Freak Out
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM

Just like Sheeps and all the rest.

Who replaced Tausch? I saw lowlights of them getting rag-dolled a few times.

MJZiggy
12-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Moll.

Partial
12-07-2008, 07:20 PM

Nonsense.

Anyway, who thinks the Pack should resign him despite a blown out knee (what I am assuming it is)? I sure do. He's a solid guy, and most importantly a solid locker room guy. They need a few more of those.

Patler
12-07-2008, 07:21 PM

They gave Ahman Green a chance to come back and show what he had left after surgery. He was injured as his contract expired, too. About the same sort of deal. Enabled him to sign a nice deal wiith the Texans after his comeback year in Green Bay. They might do the same with Tauscher.

TT has shown himself to be very loyal to those players who show loyalty themselves, put the team first, have no hidden agendas, etc. To the others,....well....

wist43
12-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Tausch has a lot more left in the tank than Clifton...

That said, there are some big holes looming at critical positions... both OT positions, and both CB's.

Add to that, the lack of playmakers at LB... a depleted DL. No real depth at CB; Williams is okay, but looked awful today, Bush isn't going to step into a role from scrimmage, and Lee looks to be in over his head.

Lot's of holes to fill... even with the 987 draft picks we know TT will bring in. Just have them start replacing 2005's 634 draft picks, or 2006's 791 draft picks :)

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I hope we re-sign MT. Clifton looks like he's close to being done though.

imscott72
12-07-2008, 07:40 PM

yes..

red
12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
i would keep mark as long as i can, until i know i have someone on the roster better at playing RT then he is. right now, we do not

cpk1994
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM

Yea, poor Brett. He retired, then said it was all rumor that he was coming back, then wanted to waltz in right at the beginning of camp.

How disloyal the Packers were to him.You forgot to add throwing coaches under the bus on national TV, throw a tempoer tantrum becuase you were not allowed to do TT's job, and who still couldn't commit to the team when he actually came to camp.

imscott72
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I love Tausch, but I think it was questionable we were going to re-sign him anyway before the injury unless he accepted a back up role. I just don't think he's going to be starting material much longer, along with Clifton. We need some serious, serious help on both lines both in the draft and through FA.

wist43
12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Is Moll ready???

red
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Is Moll ready???

nope, not IMO

i don't think moll should be on this team next year

imscott72
12-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Is Moll ready???

He'll have to be ready. Next year is his 4th year and it's time to produce. I think he'll get shot at Tausch's spot.

Patler
12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
This will be a good four game audition for Moll at the position the Packers have said he is best suited for. He has bounced around between guard and tackle for 3 seasons. This will give the Packers a real good chance to see where he is at in terms of development.

bobblehead
12-07-2008, 08:52 PM

what exactly is your definition of loyalty....i'd hate to be your wife.

bobblehead
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
This will be a good four game audition for Moll at the position the Packers have said he is best suited for. He has bounced around between guard and tackle for 3 seasons. This will give the Packers a real good chance to see where he is at in terms of development.

i doubt AR is happy with the "audition"

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 08:57 PM

I agree. I think there are signs that Tony Moll can play. It will be interesting to see how he holds up. It's going to be one of the things I watch closest for the rest of this season.

Patler
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM

i doubt AR is happy with the "audition"

I don't think Moll has played that badly this season when he has been forced to play. When Tauscher went out a couple weeks ago with the hamstring problem, MM said Moll played quite well except for a couple plays. I think you could say the same thing today. I thought he was OK, except for a couple plays. But you could say the same thing about Colledge today, and others, too.

Besides, Tauscher has been far from a "rock" this year. He has been beaten more than anytime I can remember.

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't think Moll has played that badly this season when he has been forced to play. When Tauscher went out a couple weeks ago with the hamstring problem, MM said Moll played quite well except for a couple plays. I think you could say the same thing today. I thought he was OK, except for a couple plays. But you could say the same thing about Colledge today, and others, too.

Yeah. I listened to one or two of the Tony Moll interviews. He played OK, but listening to him I got the impression that he believes he coiuld go out and do better the next time. I though this game was better, real solid. I think we could get a couple gems out of him closing this season.

Bretsky
12-07-2008, 09:11 PM

Yeah. I listened to one or two of the Tony Moll interviews. He played OK, but listening to him I got the impression that he believes he coiuld go out and do better the next time. I though this game was better, real solid. I think we could get a couple gems out of him closing this season.

It's a good time to try out all of the experiments. Give all of these OL some playing time and get a gauge on who will turn out.

Noodle
12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
I agree with the audition point, but I'm not so big on the musical positional chairs thing. Barring injury, Moll plays RT, period.

And here's the thing with OL play. You can't afford to "misss a few." For example, Colledge played pretty well today, but he did an "O-Lay" on that dude up the middle for the sack on ARod after the Moll hold. Just a killer flub, and kind of hard to explain given how important the play was.

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I could see a line of Clifton, Colledge, Spitz, Sitton, Moll next year. Clifton will need to be replaced within a year.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Tausch has a lot more left in the tank than Clifton...

That said, there are some big holes looming at critical positions... both OT positions, and both CB's.

Add to that, the lack of playmakers at LB... a depleted DL. No real depth at CB; Williams is okay, but looked awful today, Bush isn't going to step into a role from scrimmage, and Lee looks to be in over his head.

Lot's of holes to fill... even with the 987 draft picks we know TT will bring in. Just have them start replacing 2005's 634 draft picks, or 2006's 791 draft picks :)

My dad and I always bet how many draft picks the Packers end the day with since we start with somewhere around 7 or 8 and end with 11-16 or so. It's pretty fun. We have gotten good at predicting what TT will do with the first four picks too (who hasn't though!) :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I could see a line of Clifton, Colledge, Spitz, Sitton, Moll next year. Clifton will need to be replaced within a year.

Colledge, Barbre, Spitz, Sitton, Moll?

Noodle
12-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Harv, I could see that. It would be brutal, but I could see it. Maybe have Colledge split time at LT with Cliffy the rest of the year, but give Barbre all the reps at LG.

Barbre hasn't shown much, but time to start seeing what we've got.

Patler
12-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Barbre really seems to have fallen out of the coaches' plans. He has been inactive for all but a few games.

Brohm
12-08-2008, 01:14 AM
I think Moll will do alright at RT. What he need is playing time. The stinger and filling at multiple positions set him back but hell he was a developmental pick anyways who ended up starting his rookie year. he has a mean streak and the smarts, here is his shot to put it together.

Harlan Huckleby
12-08-2008, 01:17 AM
I can't really judge, but Moll doesn't look too great to me, he's a little clumsy. Probably a Tauscher held together with glue and bandaids is a better bet for next season.

hey here's an idea: how about a free agent! guess that's like drinking castor oil to teddy.

BobDobbs
12-08-2008, 01:41 AM
I feel terrible for Tausch in all of this. To get injured four games before your contract runs out. Terrible. The contract he is currently on he signed after an injury as well. Just the timing of his injuried has cost him millions of dollars. He's a good guy and it is too bad.

Moll looks OK, but he's definitely worse than Tauscher. I think the only way he gets a starters job is by default. His feet aren't very quick and he's not particularly strong. I just don't like him.

As far as Clifton, I just hope and pray that his replacement is not currently on our roster, because we need better than that. I would love to us draft someone who looks like a left tackle and plays left tackle. Then have a year under Clifton to understudy as well as an offseason to condition before taking over the job.

Tarlam!
12-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Gee, after that last post, I am all depressed!

Let's see, I think Colledge is a decent left tackle and we haven't even seen Giacomini play, but he's a RT, right?

Rastak
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Per pft.com he's got a torn ACL.

red
12-08-2008, 01:46 PM
from pft

MARK TAUSCHER HAS TORN ACL, OUT FOR SEASON
Posted by Josh Alper on December 8, 2008, 2:25 p.m.

Packers offensive tackle Mark Tauscher tore the ACL in his left knee on Sunday and will be placed on injured reserve by the team this week. Coach Mike McCarthy made the announcement when he spoke to the media on Monday.

The plan is to operate on the knee once the swelling goes down. McCarthy said that will “hopefully” by the end of next week. Tauscher previously hurt the knee in 2002, spraining the MCL and tearing the ACL, which cost him all but two games of his season.

Tauscher has stared 120 games at right tackle for the Packers since joining the team as a seventh-round draft pick from Wisconsin in 2000. He is a free agent after the season which could mean Sunday’s loss to the Texans will be his last game as a member of the Packers.

chain_gang
12-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Damn that sucks, he's worked out so well for this team for quite a few years, and was a great value pick in the 7th round. If this turns out to be the last game for him with the pack, I wish nothing but the best for the guy, he was all Wisconsin, born and raised, classy player that really showed what hard work and determination will get you.

Maybe there's another Wisconsin o-lineman out there that Green Bay could find a steal in.