PDA

View Full Version : D-Line...I got 2 words for ya........

Brando19
12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Julius Peppers. I believe we should make a run for this guy. Kampman can't do it all. We need to dip into FA this year and Peppers is the top D-Linemen. C'mon, Teddy...time to start sucking up to fans so let's do this deal!

bobblehead
12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
not saying i disagree, but if we sign him to a huge contract, then kampman has a better year then him what happens....kamp is a FA and demands an equal or bigger deal.

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I think we have to lock up Jennings, Kampman, Collins, Colledge, Spitz, Moll (if he perfoms well in Tausch's stead), Tramon, Jolly (if they think his head is on strait) and others.

We have to have a really good draft and some way, some how we have to get a stronger DL. Maybe it's a huge name. Maybe it's a high draft pick or two. Maybe it's a mid level name. Whatever the case, they need change on that line.

arcilite
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Peppers will prolly be re-signed.

If not he will be franchised.

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Peppers will prolly be re-signed.

If not he will be franchised.

yep.

Bretsky
12-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Free Agency

Free Agency :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Free Agency

Yeah, ol TT's "DANGEROUS WATERS" category :roll:

Here are the main characters:
Haynesworth
Terrell Suggs
Bertrand Barry
Peppers (not sure if he re-signed or not with Carolina)
Jonathan Babineaux

Yeah, some will be franchised/re-signed. But SOMEBODY will be available.

Bretsky
12-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Free Agency

Haynesworth
Terrell Suggs
Bertrand Barry
Jonathan Babineaux

Earth the Packerrats, Come in Packerrats

TT will have to win a bidding war for these guys
a bidding war

arcilite
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Free Agency

Haynesworth
Terrell Suggs
Bertrand Barry
Jonathan Babineaux

I think all will be franchised/re-signed

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Very few of these guys will hit the market, but this does look to be shaping up to be better than the past few years for UFA's. We'll have to see how it shapes up. Maybe nothing worht pursuing comes up, but this year I think the chances are better.

It's going to have to be a combination of a few things if we are to get better.

Improvement from Harrell, Jolly, Jeremy Thompson
The draft
Free Agency

Some way, some how we need some turn over and we also need some good old fashioned improvement from within to go with it.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Well if that's the case, B, then we have to hit a home run on a draft pick.

Which is highly unlikely. Meaning more of the same ol' crap next season. If he does nothing and the Packers have the same results, TT will have the torches and pitchforks after him - and I will be one of them.

I have supported TT's strategy the past few seasons. But if there is a duplication of this season, or worse. Then he should be sh--canned after next season.

Bretsky
12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Well if that's the case, B, then we have to hit a home run on a draft pick.

Which is highly unlikely. Meaning more of the same ol' crap next season. If he does nothing and the Packers have the same results, TT will have the torches and pitchforks after him - and I will be one of them.

I have supported TT's strategy the past few seasons. But if there is a duplication of this season, or worse. Then he should be sh--canned after next season.

We've had some bad breaks this year; I keep thinking we are a .500 team or above but after today I'm no longer sure

This being the youngest team thing; I'm not sure it's working for me anymore

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
This being the youngest team thing; I'm not sure it's working for me anymore

I think that's going to change, B. We're going to resign Jennings, Collins, Kampman, and probalby several other players. This team will start to grow together and the average age will go up as they continue to lock up the new key guys.

Joemailman
12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I'd rather have Haynesworth than Peppers. The draft looks stronger at DE than DT this year, so there is a food chance to draft a stud DE.

BallHawk
12-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Signing your own > signing others

MJZiggy
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
If we'd bring in anyone, I'd want Babineaux.

Brando19
12-07-2008, 09:44 PM

Not if your own < others.

*Aside from Jennings, Collins, and Kampman.

red
12-07-2008, 09:52 PM

Not if your own < others.

*Aside from Jennings, Collins, and Kampman.

yup

AV David
12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
For what it is worth, Mel Kiper is quoted as saying this is the best draft in recent memory for pass rushers. When you come right down to it, a couple of really good pass rushers would solve A LOT of problems on defense.

I don't know if MK is correct or not, but that is what he says. Have any other pundits made any comments about the draft re: defensive linemen/pass rushers?

It looks to me like GB will draft at about 13 to 17 in each round. That ought to be enough firepower, especially if the Jets make the playoffs. We also have an extra 6th round pick.