PDA

View Full Version : Jets Record

bobblehead
12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Ok rats, be the ones who were crowing the Jets would be in the superbowl, or the ones saying they had the 2nd easiest schedule in 20 years (Bedard) one thing is certain.

We gotta cheer for them to win a couple down the stretch so they make the playoffs and get us a second.

RashanGary
12-07-2008, 09:02 PM
I agree. It's a late 2nd or a mid third but still, it's about 20 slots that we'll lose if they don't make the playoffs.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 09:02 PM
If they keep playing like they have been, they won't even make it.

Right now, Indy gets one WC spot. The Ravens will probably get the other. So if the Jets don't win the East, they are out.

Bretsky
12-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Last year I took on the responsibility to start the game day threads to guide us through the playoffs

Maybe this year I should do the same for the Jets

I want that 2nd round pick :!:

LL2
12-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Last year I took on the responsibility to start the game day threads to guide us through the playoffs

Maybe this year I should do the same for the Jets

Same here...the Packers need more 1st day talent.

Partial
12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
The Jets need to step it up to improve our team. Bretsky, grab the bull by the horns!

KYPack
12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
The Jets have a pretty favorable sched over the last 3.

Bills at home
Seahawks in Sea
Dolphins in what should be a rouser zouser finale in the Big Apple.

The team that had a legit claim to the best team in the league (after their drubbing of unbeaten Tenn on the road) is trying to hold things together and straggle into the play-offs.

Favre completed all of two passes to WR's as the Jets looked like the zombies in a cheap horror movie against the 49ers.

Kris Jenkins, once proclaimed the Beast by a famed PR poster, had one tackle in a game which he did a first class imitation of the invisible man. It was Jenkins second straight game in which he played terribly.

The Jets have some oldies in key positions. These guys (Law, Favre, Jenkins) can still play at a high level, but they can't do it every game. If age continues to haunt the Jets core group, they will not make the play-offs. If their old boy squad pulls it together, they make the tournament.

They put all their eggs going with the old vets, if they don't do it this year, most of them won't be able to help them next year.

Bretsky
12-08-2008, 04:44 PM

Bills at home
Seahawks in Sea

The team that had a legit claim to the best team in the league (after their drubbing of unbeaten Tenn on the road) is trying to hold things together and straggle into the play-offs.

Favre completed all of two passes to WR's as the Jets looked like the zombies in a cheap horror movie against the 49ers.

Kris Jenkins, once proclaimed the Beast by a famed PR poster, had one tackle in a game which he did a first class imitation of the invisible man. It was Jenkins second straight game in which he played terribly.

The Jets have some oldies in key positions. These guys (Law, Favre, Jenkins) can still play at a high level, but they can't do it every game. If age continues to haunt the Jets core group, they will not make the play-offs. If their old boy squad pulls it together, they make the tournament.

They put all their eggs going with the old vets, if they don't do it this year, most of them won't be able to help them next year.

I think the Patriots schedule is easier

The Jets will have to run the table to get to the playoffs because I do think the Patriots will.

imscott72
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM

So we can trade it for a 3rd, 5th, and a 7th? :lol:

Gunakor
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM

So we can trade it for a 3rd, 5th, and a 7th? :lol:

Or maybe package it with our own 1st to move up into the top 10 and start fixing what is ailing this defense right now. Or use it in a trade package to find help that way. Hell, maybe we just draft a guy with it. I don't know, but there's alot more you can do with a late 2nd than you can with a mid 3rd.

RashanGary
12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
We could easily lose road games to the Jags and Bears still.

If we lose two more we'll finish 6-10 and have a top 8 pick anyway. If that happens we stand a GREAT chance to land a stud dlineman. Plus we get a very high 2nd round pick plus possibly the Jets 2nd.

Honestly I'm pulling for losses right now becuase the guys we really need (DL) tend to get taken really, really early.

TheCheese
12-08-2008, 06:25 PM

If we lose two more we'll finish 6-10 and have a top 8 pick anyway. If that happens we stand a GREAT chance to land a stud dlineman. Plus we get a very high 2nd round pick plus possibly the Jets 2nd.

Honestly I'm pulling for losses right now becuase the guys we really need (DL) tend to get taken really, really early.

Fuck that, I root for the packers to win, not to lose so they could get a higher draft pick. I hope they win 3 in a row to get to 500, I don't want a fucking losing season. Hopefully it will be like 2006 where we win our last stretch of games and it gives us momentum for 2009.

Bretsky
12-08-2008, 07:26 PM

It hardly hurts to lose anymore

BobDobbs
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM
I can't root for them to lose either. I think that it is good to have an expectation of winning within an organization. But, really I'm not crying if they lose one or two because of the draft picks.

I think the Jets have a good chance at sneaking into the playoffs. It is a three team race and the schedules are

Jets ---- Patriots ---- Dolphins
Buffalo ---- At Oakland ---- San Francisco
At Seattle ---- Arizona ---- At Kansas City
Miami ---- At Buffalo ---- At NY Jets

They are the only one with two home games. Unless they really are in a collapse they should beat Buffalo. They have not done well on the west coast and who knows how the Holmgren V Favre matchup plays out, but Seattle is not good this year, even at home. They've got a realistic shot at getting to host Indy or Baltimore in the first round.

KYPack
12-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I can't root for them to lose either. I think that it is good to have an expectation of winning within an organization. But, really I'm not crying if they lose one or two because of the draft picks.

I think the Jets have a good chance at sneaking into the playoffs. It is a three team race and the schedules are

Jets ---- Patriots ---- Dolphins
Buffalo ---- At Oakland ---- San Francisco
At Seattle ---- Arizona ---- At Kansas City
Miami ---- At Buffalo ---- At NY Jets

They are the only one with two home games. Unless they really are in a collapse they should beat Buffalo. They have not done well on the west coast and who knows how the Holmgren V Favre matchup plays out, but Seattle is not good this year, even at home. They've got a realistic shot at getting to host Indy or Baltimore in the first round.

That's a real dogfight.

Ya know, all 3 teams could finish 10-6. The only team that I think will do any damage in the play-offs is NE.

That Jet's-Miami game should be WWIII, but this season, who knows what the hell will happen?

Fritz
12-09-2008, 11:57 AM

Bills at home
Seahawks in Sea

How true that is.

Kiwon
12-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I hope Farve is successful no matter where he is.

That the Packers get a 1st or 2nd rounder out of the trade would be awesome.

It's a cool story for NYC too - Giants versus Jets as possible Super Bowl rivals.