PDA

View Full Version : The Season is Over

Tarlam!
12-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I hope we play for the high draft pick from here on out.

God, I hated this season.

arcilite
12-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Eh...I'm sure you are just joking.

I want use to win the rest of the games and finish the season on a good note.

Brando19
12-07-2008, 09:39 PM

In a way I agree. On one hand, there's motivation to play for. It'd be nice to win out and go into next season with momentum. However, if we lose the next three games, we'll probably be in the top 10 of the draft. This season has been fun, but not as fun as last year. Let's get the Defensive Coordinator out of there, shore up our D-Line, get the secondary healthy, get Barnett healthy and win the division in '09!

Tarlam!
12-07-2008, 09:45 PM

No, I'm being serious. This season sucked like the 4-12 seaon sucked.

Lose out and pick top 10. That's my hope.

GBRulz
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry Tar, but I disagree. The team has got to build on something going into the off-season. Also, let's say that TT decides he might actually try and be player in FA this year.... an 8-8 record and a young team with promise is going to be more appealing than a team that lost it's last 6 games of the year.

digitaldean
12-07-2008, 09:50 PM
We are almost guaranteed the 3rd place schedule unless we tie the Bears. (not likely)

Here's our schedule for 2009 already:
Home & away: Lions, Queens & Bears
Home: San Fran., Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, 3rd place NFC East team
Away: Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, 3rd place NFC South

Very few gimmes in that schedule especially in light of how we're finishing.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfcn.htm

imscott72
12-07-2008, 09:50 PM
I think momentum from the previous season is way overrated. That said I don't want them to lay down for their last 3 games. I'd be disappointed in losing to the Bears or Lions. I don't see us beating Jax.

Tarlam!
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I'd be disappointed in losing to the Bears or Lions.

I see us losing out and having to suffer the label of being the only team the Lions beat this season.

GBRulz
12-07-2008, 09:55 PM

I see us losing out and having to suffer the label of being the only team the Lions beat this season.

haha, i was thinking that today after MN narrowly escaped with a win against them!!

imscott72
12-07-2008, 09:58 PM

Well that would be a fitting blow considering how this season's gone, but I don't see it happening. I can't imagine the players would want to be known for letting the winless team beat them on the last game of the year.

channtheman
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I posted this before. I don't care if we win or not. If we do win then that's just great, if we lose then we just get higher draft pick and that's cool too. So either way is cool for me.

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Consider 2006. We start 4-8. We win our last 4 games to finish 8-8. We go 13-3 in 2007.

I'd like to see us finish 8-8. (I'd also like to see us go 13-3 in 2009.)

channtheman
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Consider 2006. We start 4-8. We win our last 4 games to finish 8-8. We go 13-3 in 2007.

The man has a point! :lol:

Tarlam!
12-07-2008, 10:46 PM

I still say LOSE. Play for the draft. 8-8 doesn't help the cause.

Jimx29
12-08-2008, 12:46 AM

I still say LOSE. Play for the draft. 8-8 doesn't help the cause.why play for the draft? TT will just trade down and get 50 below shitty players instead of 2-3 good and 2-3 average players

Tarlam!
12-08-2008, 01:42 AM
why play for the draft? TT will just trade down and get 50 below shitty players instead of 2-3 good and 2-3 average players

No, I disagree. He drafted Hawk after th 4-12 season.

Bretsky
12-08-2008, 10:17 AM

I still think that saved Vanilla Bob's Job; would it have been better to lose out that year ?

texaspackerbacker
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM

I want use to win the rest of the games and finish the season on a good note.

For once, I agree with you, arcilite. 13-3 started with 4-0 (or something like that) at the end of the previous season.

As I have said over and over, the horrendous 4-12 season was the direct result of horrendous bad luck--mostly, but not limited to injuries. Well, 5-8 so far this year is similar, especially on defense. The whiners and detractors can jump all over Sanders, and I wouldn't even be surprised if they get their way and he is gone. But that is just stupidity. Losing Jenkins and Barnett, as well as large parts of the season for Harris, Hawk, Bigby, etc., not to mention those guys and a bunch of others playing hurt and less effective when they did play, THAT is what doomed this season. THAT plus miscellaneous other bad luck--bad calls, near misses, etc.

FIVE games lost by four points or less now! All of those coulda/shoulda/woulda been wins if a few little items of luck had gone the other way.

Tarlam!
12-17-2008, 04:42 AM
Well, looks like we're picking 10th right now.

Fritz
12-17-2008, 06:00 AM

I still think that saved Vanilla Bob's Job; would it have been better to lose out that year ?

Bretsky, I don't think winning out this year is going to change anyone's perception of the job the defensive coordinator did or didn't do this year.

Besides, the team could win a couple of 35-31 shootouts.

The only question about this defense this year is whether it sucks or blows.

Partial
12-17-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm all about losing out if it gets rid of Vanilla Rob. Dudes gotta go! No internal promotion!!

Gunakor
12-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Well, looks like we're picking 10th right now.

If we win our last 2 games we'd be picking no worse than 15th. I don't think there's that much of a difference between 10th and 15th, especially considering it doesn't take and arm and a leg to move up 5 spots if we really need to. We'll have an extra 3rd at the very least, possibly a second and, since anything can happen in the playoffs, we still could end up with a first if the Jets get hot the rest of the way. We have the means to aquire the player we need to aquire, regardless of how the next 2 games play out. That being the case, I hope we beat the snot out of the Bears and Lions to finish the year on a good note.

gbgary
12-17-2008, 11:59 AM

i know what you mean. the off-season was ridiculous, and almost everything from game two on was :roll: . just think, the next thing to look forward to is a coaching search (i hope) and then the draft.

swede
12-17-2008, 12:06 PM

i know what you mean. the off-season was ridiculous, and almost everything from game two on was :roll: . just think, the next thing to look forward to is a coaching search (i hope) and then the draft.

Exactly right, Gary.

It was the off-season that killed 2008 and any sense of hope or fun could only be sustained with a really good w-l and another go round through the playoffs.

And Tarlam!

Optimism and calm in the face of adversity...aren't these the Aussie traits we've come to admire?

Let's win a couple of games and pick better at #14 than the other guys do at #8, how's that sound, mate?

BEARMAN
12-18-2008, 03:54 PM
There is always NEXT year... :shock:

Too bad your team always has to say that.... :twisted:

Go BEARS Go !

TennesseePackerBacker
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM

Go BEARS Go !

I have a feeling we'll be saying this to you come Tuesday.

Gunakor
12-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Go BEARS Go !

:roll:

You trolls have been waiting 10 more next years than we have since you last won anything. Try harder.

Iron Mike
12-29-2008, 02:08 AM

QFT.....see you in April when you come back to tell us how the Gummi's are gonna kick ass in '09. :roll:

Tarlam!
12-29-2008, 02:20 AM
Well, it seems we're picking 9th. I'll take it and the fact we didn't lose to Detroit!

pack4to84
12-29-2008, 07:31 AM

Go BEARS Go !seems like you guys are saying it too.
only difference is where the youngest team in the NFL and your team is over the hill declining.
We even have the better ranked defense and offense just inexperience cost us wins.