PDA

View Full Version : How many points do you expect the offense to score

Partial
12-07-2008, 11:21 PM
How many points is it reasonable to score against a bad defense?

Despite having the ball plenty of times, and the defense forcing four turnovers, we scored a measly 21 points.

How many points should the offense have to score to be considered a successful game against against a bad defense?

Kyle.McCarroll
12-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I'd like an offense to be the 4th best in the league, at the very least.

As far as numbers are concerned...not to sure. I'll just throw out a random number. Let's say...27.3 PPG. Yeah, that would be awesome.

Bossman641
12-07-2008, 11:33 PM
I expect the offense to put up 24 points a game.

Partial
12-08-2008, 12:36 AM

As far as numbers are concerned...not to sure. I'll just throw out a random number. Let's say...27.3 PPG. Yeah, that would be awesome.

Points does not equal an effective offense.

Let's break this down: Had they converted on more than one third down, we may have held the ball significantly longer. With that said, odds are they would have scored less points and we would have won the game.

The most tellign stat of the game was 1 for 10 on third downs. That is a collasal failure is has been happening all season. We're the worst offense in the NFL on the most important down. What does that say?!?

Jimx29
12-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Karmas' a bitch

3irty1
12-08-2008, 04:00 AM

Does that 27.3 include all the scoring we've done on defense this year? I'm sure it does. The offense isn't actually the 4th best in the league.

Partial
12-08-2008, 05:24 AM

Does that 27.3 include all the scoring we've done on defense this year? I'm sure it does. The offense isn't actually the 4th best in the league.

No, it doesn't. The Announcers said the Packers cleared a league leading and best in packers franchise history 100+ points on defense and special teams this year. Assuming its exactly 100 (which is unlikely given they crossed the threshold), that is still 7.7 points per game. They means offensively they're average 20.1 points per game, a petty total is quite reflective of where they have been lately, and why they are struggling.

SkinBasket
12-08-2008, 07:52 AM

Then why the fuck would you start this thread?

sheepshead
12-08-2008, 08:04 AM
How many points is it reasonable to score against a bad defense?

Despite having the ball plenty of times, and the defense forcing four turnovers, we scored a measly 21 points.

How many points should the offense have to score to be considered a successful game against against a bad defense?

I'm not following this. Which team is which?

Patler
12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I expect the team collectively to score one more point than the team collectively surrenders.

Cheesehead Craig
12-08-2008, 09:40 AM

I call bullshit here. Over in your other thread about defense you start talking about that yardage doesn't matter but here you say that points don't matter. So I guess the only thing that matters is whatever argument you decide to put into a particular post.

HarveyWallbangers
12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Even if you take away defensive and return TDs, our 23.0 offensive points/game ranks in the top 10 in the league.