PDA

View Full Version : Okay so let's talk playoffs

channtheman
12-09-2008, 01:23 AM
With all the negativity I thought I ought to remind everyone that the Packers can and will make the playoffs. All that has to happen is the Packers have to win all 3 remaining games, the Bears have to lose one more game in addition to the one they will lose to the Packers, and the Vikings only have to lose 3 more games of their remaining 3 games. Luckily for us, the Vikings have the hardest part of their schedule coming up and they will definitely lose to the Cards and to the Falcons. When the Giants play them it will depend on if they are resting starters or not. I say they won't because they want to go into the playoffs on a roll.

Believe it or not, but I started this topic as a joke but now I'm pretty hyped up for the Packers making the playoffs this year. GO PACK GO! WOOOOOOO!

Pacopete4
12-09-2008, 01:37 AM
love the enthusiasm.. but its just such a stretch right now.. id be happy with this team just winning the next game and getting on track towards next season right now... but if what u say were to happen, I'd never let my viking pals hear the end of it...

Tarlam!
12-09-2008, 03:08 AM
OMG. Nothing else, just, OMG.

sheepshead
12-09-2008, 06:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

denverYooper
12-09-2008, 07:07 AM
If the Pack got to the playoffs at 8-8, we'd probably still put on a good show before giving up a TD in the last 1:38 to lose by 4.

Ah, what the hell... This Sunday's my birthday so I'll wish for a Packers win + Vikes and Bears loss (Thursday).

channtheman
12-09-2008, 08:37 AM

Before I watch this, I'm assuming it is the Jim Mora "playoffs?" video. If it is, thank you because I love watching that video.

EDIT: :D Nice video, thanks!

Pack0514
12-09-2008, 08:45 AM
I just dont want to be the only team to lose to Detroit. The sad part is, I'm not joking. :(

Dabaddestbear
12-09-2008, 08:56 AM
With all the negativity I thought I ought to remind everyone that the Packers can and will make the playoffs. All that has to happen is the Packers have to win all 3 remaining games, the Bears have to lose one more game in addition to the one they will lose to the Packers, and the Vikings only have to lose 3 more games of their remaining 3 games. Luckily for us, the Vikings have the hardest part of their schedule coming up and they will definitely lose to the Cards and to the Falcons. When the Giants play them it will depend on if they are resting starters or not. I say they won't because they want to go into the playoffs on a roll.

Believe it or not, but I started this topic as a joke but now I'm pretty hyped up for the Packers making the playoffs this year. GO PACK GO! WOOOOOOO!
So you are saying my Bears wont make the playoffs?!!! :whaa:

But realistically you are pretty much guaranteeing that the Bears will lose to the Pack again and plus another loss on top of that? And then the Vikings need to lose 3? 2 maybe, but I dont see 3. :no:

KYPack
12-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Channtheman for leader!

channtheman
12-09-2008, 08:58 AM

But realistically you are pretty much guaranteeing that the Bears will lose to the Pack again and plus another loss on top of that? And then the Vikings need to lose 3? 2 maybe, but I dont see 3. :no:

It will happen. This is the Packers year. The funny thing is, I could see everything going the Packers way and then they lose to Detroit on the last game where if they had won they would have gone to the playoffs.

Dabaddestbear
12-09-2008, 09:11 AM

It will happen. This is the Packers year. The funny thing is, I could see everything going the Packers way and then they lose to Detroit on the last game where if they had won they would have gone to the playoffs.
:bs2:

channtheman
12-09-2008, 09:14 AM

I know, but you gotta have some fun with the Packers after such a crappy season. Remember that year the Packers were 4-8 and could still make the playoffs? Everyone laughed about it. At the end of the season it came down to one team winning that had to lose. It's a stretch but why don't we all watch and see. :D

sheepshead
12-09-2008, 09:14 AM

Before I watch this, I'm assuming it is the Jim Mora "playoffs?" video. If it is, thank you because I love watching that video.

EDIT: :D Nice video, thanks!

Just spreading cheer and goodwill my Packer Brothah!

:alc:

bobblehead
12-09-2008, 12:51 PM

I know, but you gotta have some fun with the Packers after such a crappy season. Remember that year the Packers were 4-8 and could still make the playoffs? Everyone laughed about it. At the end of the season it came down to one team winning that had to lose. It's a stretch but why don't we all watch and see. :D

I believe that team was the giants on sunday night and the next season we met in the championship game....I'm just saying..........

Dabaddestbear
12-09-2008, 03:15 PM

I believe that team was the giants on sunday night and the next season we met in the championship game....I'm just saying..........
Yeah, I know I am having fun with the Bears season now. Its a sport and most people forget about that and takes things too serious. I laugh at the attitudes on here when I comment on the teams..lol.

mngolf19
12-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Honestly, I still see the possibility (even likelyhood) of a Wild Card coming from our division.

channtheman
12-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Honestly, I still see the possibility (even likelyhood) of a Wild Card coming from our division.

Really? How do you figure? The Vikings win it at 11-5 and the Bears get a wildcard at 10-6? I just don't see it. You would have to have many teams like the Bucs and Falcons falter and lose more than just one game to allow a wildcard from our crappy division. I'm pretty sure we only get the division winner, who will most likely have the worst record in all the playoffs. (I still think the Vikings lose 2 more games this year).

The Leaper
12-09-2008, 09:04 PM
If we aren't the only win on the lions schedule...I'll be happy.

Rastak
12-09-2008, 09:08 PM

Really? How do you figure? The Vikings win it at 11-5 and the Bears get a wildcard at 10-6? I just don't see it. You would have to have many teams like the Bucs and Falcons falter and lose more than just one game to allow a wildcard from our crappy division. I'm pretty sure we only get the division winner, who will most likely have the worst record in all the playoffs. (I still think the Vikings lose 2 more games this year).

Completely agree on the North...it's almost impossible to get the wildcard from the North....

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/vikingsstandings.html

Check the odds (which are rough odds I believe)

Extremely small chance of any North team taking a wildcard. Only one is getting in.

KYPack
12-09-2008, 09:44 PM
The Lions won't win a road game all year.

They may get somebody at their joint.

Fritz
12-10-2008, 07:01 AM

Yeah, I talked myself into that attitude last week...but after watching the team blow yet another game to yet another so-so team, I can't go down that path any more. Sorry. This team frankly does not deserve to get into the playoffs.

KYPack
12-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Check out that site Ras posted last week.

It's pretty good.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

We can't be a card, nor will one come out of the North.

4 teams are out. SF, St Lou, Det, & I fergit.

We are the team with the worst record with a glimmer of hope.

The Packers have a 2% chance if everybody loses out and we win out & win the North at 8-8.

Fritz
12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
That sounds about right. 2%.

Patler
12-10-2008, 11:22 AM
That sounds about right. 2%.

But it might go as high as 3% or 4% after the Packers win this weekend and the Vikings and Bears lose! :lol: :lol:

mngolf19
12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Well here's what I am thinking. Vikes can win div with 10-6 as they win the tiebreakers with Chi. Bucs I'm already calling in so it comes down to the last spot. Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Falcons, Saints all have 5-6 losses already and have tough schedules left. Bears have 6 losses but easier schedule than Pokes, Fal, NO. The others play each other and will ruin their records. They tiebreakers don't seem bad there either. Really would help Bears to win this thurs(of course would help Vikes more if they lost.)

Bears play NO, GB, Hou
Pokes play NYG, Bal, Phi
Eagles play Cle, Was, Dal
Skins play Cin, Phi, SF
Fal play TB, Min, Stl
Saints play Chi, Det, Car

channtheman
12-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Well here's what I am thinking. Vikes can win div with 10-6 as they win the tiebreakers with Chi. Bucs I'm already calling in so it comes down to the last spot. Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Falcons, Saints all have 5-6 losses already and have tough schedules left. Bears have 6 losses but easier schedule than Pokes, Fal, NO. The others play each other and will ruin their records. They tiebreakers don't seem bad there either. Really would help Bears to win this thurs(of course would help Vikes more if they lost.)

Bears play NO, GB, Hou
Pokes play NYG, Bal, Phi
Eagles play Cle, Was, Dal
Skins play Cin, Phi, SF
Fal play TB, Min, Stl
Saints play Chi, Det, Car

I can see how you say it's possible, but I think you're looking too much into it. The way I see it is all these teams have to lose for the bears to have a chance, while even if they Bears win out they still don't automatically make it. This year I think you're going to see a lot of teams with 10-6 record not make the playoffs. I think we'll see at least 2 which is amazing considering that it used to be that 10-6 was a guarantee. Someone else posted this idea (I think it was Snake something) and I agree with it. Basically, with how awful the Lions are, they basically give anyone that plays them a win where as in years past, they were at least competitive enough to make some teams lose.