PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Users

MateoInMex
12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Who has one, and do you like yours? I was eligible for an uprgrade, and I stuck with Verizon for the Blackberry Storm, instead of getting AT&T which has much lower Roaming rates in Mexico.

It didn't help that Verizon delievered this phone late BTW, which sucked the enthusiasm right out of me....but once I got the new BlackBerry Storm, I'm locked in mortal combat with this thing...this phone does a lot of shit, but I can't get a lot of the features to work. After constant yelling at the device, my wife said I should go for a walk, to cool off and when I got back..this Blackberry was mocking me.

It set its own time, to the correct time!!! So if it can do that, why can't it Speed Dial on a consistent basis? Finally, after I say Fuck It, and hang myself with the phone charger cord, the cops won't have to establish a time of death, because this piece of shit will tell them exactly what time I killed myself.

AutoTouchScreen to Calendar...it says here Mateo finally said Fuck It at 8:37 and then hung himself. Oh it will tell me the temperature outside, and whether my truck needs an oil change, but I can't get the speed dial to work everytime.

There seems to be a few bugs...Like going from certain screen modes back to the dialing pad. It freezes, and takes forever. This is my first Blackberry so does anyone have this problem? What other features piss you off about the Blackberry? I had a sweet LG8700 but the email feature was not what I needed.

I purchased it specifically for the email feature, and of course to catch up on here when I'm out of the country.

[/img]

Freak Out
12-09-2008, 11:55 AM
I have a Bold now after upgrading from the Curve and love it....the Storm looks great but from what I've read it needs some fine tuning in the software/firmware department....plus no Verizon up here.

MateoInMex
12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
I looked at the Bold, but the difference between the Bold and the Storm for me was about $400. The Bold looks pretty sweet. I don't know how comparable the Storm would be to the IPhone, but for the specific reasons I wanted a PDA, I've heard horror stories of IPhones erroneously ringing up thousands of roaming dollars to unsuspecting subscribers.

I think you're right about fine tuning. If I'm on another page, and the phone rings, it's like 1 cook at Applebee's trying to serve a table of 30 drunks at closing time.

There's been times I thought I disconnected a phone call and I was still linked up. That was not cool.

In a nutshell, the Storm takes too long to do shit. Like make a phone call. Because of the touchtone pad, if you hit it with your cheek while on a call, it switches on you. It's easy to do that because the screen is big.

Freak Out
12-09-2008, 12:12 PM
I looked at the Bold, but the difference between the Bold and the Storm for me was about $400. The Bold looks pretty sweet. I don't know how comparable the Storm would be to the IPhone, but for the specific reasons I wanted a PDA, I've heard horror stories of IPhones erroneously ringing up thousands of roaming dollars to unsuspecting subscribers.

I think you're right about fine tuning. If I'm on another page, and the phone rings, it's like 1 cook at Applebee's trying to serve a table of 30 drunks at closing time.

There's been times I thought I disconnected a phone call and I was still linked up. That was not cool.

In a nutshell, the Storm takes too long to do shit. Like make a phone call. Because of the touchtone pad, if you hit it with your cheek while on a call, it switches on you. It's easy to do that because the screen is big.

The only review I have read of the Storm was from a UK site and the service was Vodafone and they loved it....for the most part. I want an unlocked Android G1 when they get the kinks worked.

MateoInMex
12-09-2008, 12:41 PM

The only review I have read of the Storm was from a UK site and the service was Vodafone and they loved it....for the most part. I want an unlocked Android G1 when they get the kinks worked.

I think I read that same site. There already is new software for the Storm that will speed up the screen delays. Verizon will walk me through it, allegedly.

I'm so far behind technologically, it wasn't until recently that our town in Mexico has faster...slow DSL. What is the Android? Also, what do you mean by unlocked?

Freak Out
12-09-2008, 01:26 PM
$99 iphone at Walmart before Xmas? Anyone else hear a story about a 4g iphone going on sale?

MateoInMex
12-09-2008, 02:00 PM
$99 iphone at Walmart before Xmas? Anyone else hear a story about a 4g iphone going on sale?

AT&T outlet had one for $196 last time I checked.

Freak Out
12-09-2008, 02:07 PM

I think I read that same site. There already is new software for the Storm that will speed up the screen delays. Verizon will walk me through it, allegedly.

I'm so far behind technologically, it wasn't until recently that our town in Mexico has faster...slow DSL. What is the Android? Also, what do you mean by unlocked?

The G1 is the Google phone...right now it's Tmobile only and buggy.

MateoInMex
12-09-2008, 07:44 PM

The G1 is the Google phone...right now it's Tmobile only and buggy.

To let you know how out of date I am, I'm hearing complaints from Blackberry Storm owners that it's not WI-FI, but the Bold is. What is the difference...with WI-FI? Isn't that what a smartphone is...wireless internet access..I get could internet access on my Storm..the typing of the keys is screwy though.

Partial
12-09-2008, 07:55 PM

I've heard the rumors on slickdeals but never read any of the threads pertaining to it.