PDA

View Full Version : RAIOLA WANTS TO HAVE A FISTFIGHT WITH LIONS FANS

]{ilr]3
12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I hope the NFL kicks his ass out of the league. The fans saying this need to be banned for life from the venue.

But the fact that this asswipe is costing over $4 million against the cap for 2008 he should shut his frikin mouth and take his lumps. There are millions of people in the US who do far more for far less money and take much more abuse than this asswipe!

RAIOLA WANTS TO HAVE A FISTFIGHT WITH LIONS FANS
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 9, 2008, 9:06 a.m.
Lions center Dominic Raiola says he has no regrets at all about his decision to yell at and give the finger to fans who were booing the team on Sunday.

In fact, Raiola just wishes he could make that finger into a fist and use it to pummel the fans who express their frustration with the team’s 0-13 record.

“I don’t take one thing back,” Raiola said Monday, per the Detroit Free Press. “I’ll say the same thing to a fan that I see in the street. I wish I could give my address out to some fans. I’ll do that. But, you know, I can’t. Nobody plays with fists. Everybody wants to play with metal. So I can’t. I’m so frustrated. I’m tired of being a doormat for people to just talk to us how they want to talk to us. I’m just not going to put up with it anymore.”

The NFL says it’s looking into Raiola’s actions. Based on the standard set by the league’s fine for Michael Vick in 2006, the going rate for giving fans the finger is $10,000 for each bird.

It’s no surprise that Lions fans are taunting the players, but it’s interesting to note that from the players’ perspective, it gets worse with fewer fans in attendance. Now that Ford Field has tens of thousands of empty seats on Sundays, it’s easier for an individual fan to make sure the players can hear his taunts.

Says Lions left tackle Jeff Backus, “Part of it is how quiet the stadium is. Seriously, you can hear individuals yelling at you. It doesn’t all blend into just a roar.”

MJZiggy
12-09-2008, 08:00 PM
He may wish to remember that these folks he wants to fight pay for him to be there....that said, what does he really expect at 0-13 after decades of futility. HE'S frustrated? He's lucky there's anyone left in the stands! Are the fans wearing bags over their heads like in years past?

Patler
12-10-2008, 08:52 AM
He may wish to remember that these folks he wants to fight pay for him to be there....that said, what does he really expect at 0-13 after decades of futility. HE'S frustrated? He's lucky there's anyone left in the stands! Are the fans wearing bags over their heads like in years past?

On the other hand, I have never felt that fans have the right to say and do anything they please. Sure they are unhappy, and the team is 0-13, but I think the fans disgust should directed at the organization, and not at the individual players. Most of the player are probably doing the best they can, and are no more happy with the results than are the fans. I don't have a problem with a spontaneous outburst against a player, but some of the prolonged stuff really does get out of hand.

prsnfoto
12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
That's why I blame TT for everything from the crappy product on the field to my snowblower not starting yesterday! :D :D

Guiness
12-10-2008, 10:47 AM
I've always waffled over situations like this.

On one hand, I think they're pro athletes, and should treat it like part of their job. Have a thick skin. It's not acceptable to make gestures of that nature, and you're doing it to the whole crowd, including the 10yr old boy out for his first game.

However, it has to be tough to take in your own stadium. Home field is important in the NFL To have your own fans turn on you and take that away has to hurt an awful lot, especially when you're trying to avoid becoming the first 0-16 team ever. I can see where some of these guys would just about be beside themselves.

]{ilr]3
12-10-2008, 12:29 PM
I think if he cant take it he should take his other skills down to Burger King and make a run for the gold there.