PDA

View Full Version : Packer cold weather games

GrnBay007
12-09-2008, 05:25 PM
I attended my first cold weather game at Lambeau on Sunday. I always said I would never do it...I don't like cold weather! A last minute opportunity struck to get awesome seats for a great price, so I took them and finally got to take both my kids to a game.

And man o man it was cold!! But we followed all the advice about layering clothes, stayed warm and really enjoyed the game. (minus the loss) Packing all that stuff for 3 people really stunk though...lol

There's something about a cold weather game at Lambeau Field. It's just says football in Green Bay!!!!! Have to admit, I'd do it again. I think I will always prefer October or early November....chilly but not frozen tundra-like. Attending the really cold weather games kinda puts a damper on all the pre-game fun IMO.

When do you prefer to attend a game at Lambeau?

HarveyWallbangers
12-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I like them all. I was at the hottest game in Lambeau history (93 degrees when we played the Falcons earlier this decade). I've been at some brutally cold games (a couple of Viking games a 4-5 years ago). I've been at a rain game. The rain sucked the most. I didn't mind the hot or cold. Preferrably, at this point, I like it mild.

red
12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
colder the better for me. i wish i was at the ice bowl

i think every packer game but 1 that i've been to has been in december or january

you just have to dress right for the weather

GrnBay007
12-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Preferrably, at this point, I like it mild.

Me too. But I'll never admit it has anything to do with age. :P :wink:

Freak Out
12-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I'll skip the rain and take anything else....I have arctic work gear so could stay very comfortable even in the wind. The hot weather can be a drag but how much is an Alaskan going to complain about that? :lol: More sunscreen and fluids please.

sheepshead
12-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Love the atmosphere there when it's cold. If the suns out and the winds low, its awesome!

Gunakor
12-09-2008, 07:17 PM
December and January are the best months to go IMO. Not because of the cold, necessarily, but because there's always the chance it'll be snowing. There's nothing like attending a game at Lambeau during a snowstorm.

red
12-09-2008, 07:34 PM
December and January are the best months to go IMO. Not because of the cold, necessarily, but because there's always the chance it'll be snowing. There's nothing like attending a game at Lambeau during a snowstorm.

i've always wanted a snow game

one time, january 4th, 1997. it was cold and suppose to snow. i thought this would be the game

it was icy and blizzard conditions the whole way down to the game

then the temp started to go up. by kickoff it was raining and never stopped

we were cold and soaked. but god damn, it was a whole lot of fun kicking the shit out of the 49ers that day

MJZiggy
12-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I did see the Pack in Balto a couple years back when it was cold, and I wore a bunch of layers and my down parka only to have the parka unzipped by halftime because I worked up a sweat walking to the stadium and getting to my seat and my ass frozen because I didn't have enough layers over my legs. It was weird. Didn't help that they got their asses clobbered. I'll take an early season game any day.

RashanGary
12-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I like them all. I was at the hottest game in Lambeau history (93 degrees when we played the Falcons earlier this decade). I've been at some brutally cold games (a couple of Viking games a 4-5 years ago). I've been at a rain game. The rain sucked the most. I didn't mind the hot or cold. Preferrably, at this point, I like it mild.

I was at that game too. It was a scorcher.

I was at this last game too. It was a lot of fun in the cold. I dressed for the conditions and had a great time. I didn't even care that it was a loss. Rodgers made some huge throws, the offense had a good day. The defense caved a little but the refs were awfull and it felt GREAT to boo the piss out of them. I swear, if you heard one loud determined boo among the many, that was me booing my lungs out at those bastards :) :)

channtheman
12-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I love the cold weather games! I don't live in Green Bay anymore but when we did my dad and I would go search for tickets before games. One year we went to a Cleveland Browns game and then a Vikings game the following week. I love the way all the fans huddle closer together (and with all the extra clothes it's hard not to). It's almost like one big family of Packer loving people. :)

GrnBay007
12-09-2008, 10:19 PM
[ the refs were awfull and it felt GREAT to boo the piss out of them. I swear, if you heard one loud determined boo among the many, that was me booing my lungs out at those bastards :) :)

Me too! My first time ever booing at a game. :D buttwipes

oregonpackfan
12-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Early season games are better because tailgaiting is more suitable to warm weather. I also prefer the warmer weather because it is easier to focus on the game. For cold weather games, it seems my primary focus is staying warm! :)

GrnBay007
12-09-2008, 10:44 PM

Packer/Seattle game last season!!

Wish I could have been at that one.

What a thing of beauty being at Lambeau Field with it snowing the way it was that day.

If I remember correctly we had a few Rats in attendance that day.

Bretsky
12-09-2008, 10:56 PM

What a thing of beauty being at Lambeau Field with it snowing the way it was that day.

I was there; saw the bikini girls; I love freezing games when I see the bikini girls

Otherwise I like mild weather

Favre and the Bikini girls left the same year; we never had a chance :lol:

Iron Mike
12-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I did see the Pack in Balto a couple years back when it was cold, and I wore a bunch of layers and my down parka only to have the parka unzipped by halftime,

Pics, plz. :lol:

Freak Out
12-10-2008, 01:04 AM

I was there; saw the bikini girls; I love freezing games when I see the bikini girls

Didn't it rain frogs some where that year as well? :lol:

Gunakor
12-10-2008, 01:41 PM

The Bikini girls didn't go anywhere, did they? OMG so THAT'S the reason we're cursed this year! Doesn't Maxim Magazine have their contact info now? Gotta give 'em a call and tell them to come back, or we're doomed forever!! :shock:

Bretsky
12-10-2008, 07:20 PM

The Bikini girls didn't go anywhere, did they? OMG so THAT'S the reason we're cursed this year! Doesn't Maxim Magazine have their contact info now? Gotta give 'em a call and tell them to come back, or we're doomed forever!! :shock:

Yup, I"ve been saying that for some time now

Our home record is for crap as well cause we lost legends......the Bikini Girls

Maybe we need to take it upon ourselves to find some new Bikini Girls :?: :!:

Gunakor
12-10-2008, 07:35 PM

That's it. I say we take that 20 million we were going to give whatshisname for marketing purposes and sign the Bikini Girls to a lifetime contract. Someone get TT on the phone, and let's get this done! I WANT A WINNER!!!

Pugger
12-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Cold weather games aren't too bad these days because of the clothing and hand/feet warmers we have to day as compared to the Ice Bowl. As long as the wind isn't howling it isn't too bad. I was at the NFC Championship game against the Panthers and it was cold but not unbearable. Rainy games are the worst. I remember that playoff game against the 49ers and it took me days to become dry. :P

But I remember that Snow Bowl game in the mid 80s against Tampa! That was a blast. It snowed so hard we all had to sit in the north end zone (there were probably only 20,000 there that day). You had to keep scooping snow out of your beer cup! :wink: Nor could you see any plays on the other end of the field. But I remember seeing folks using pieces of cardboard and tobogganning down the aisles in the south end zone. Too funny!! :lol: :lol:

cpk1994
12-11-2008, 12:07 PM

That's it. I say we take that 20 million we were going to give whatshisname for marketing purposes and sign the Bikini Girls to a lifetime contract. Someone get TT on the phone, and let's get this done! I WANT A WINNER!!!For $20 million there better be a mandatory striptease at the 50 yard line.

KYPack
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
The coldest I've been in general at Lambeau is 30 degree days that are windy rainy when you get wet and don't have the right gear.

That's a miserble place in a cold wet wind.