PDA

View Full Version : GREAT COACHING JOBS OF 2008

Bretsky
12-09-2008, 08:38 PM
When you see this, who jumps out at you ? Off the top of my head I throw out

Mike Smith- Atlanta---unbelievable job developing Matt Ryan and that team

Bill Bellichek- NE- Annual nomination. Matt Cassell........frickin unreal !
Cheater Schmeater----Dude's the best coach in the game

Tony Sporano- Miami- Miami ? Are you kidding me ? Parcell Magic

Jeff Fischer--Tenn---I still have a hard time buying that team is for real. Unlike Green Bay, this team wins the close games.

chain_gang
12-09-2008, 08:55 PM
When you see this, who jumps out at you ? Off the top of my head I throw out

Mike Smith- Atlanta---unbelievable job developing Matt Ryan and that team

Bill Bellichek- NE- Annual nomination. Matt Cassell........frickin unreal !
Cheater Schmeater----Dude's the best coach in the game

Tony Sporano- Miami- Miami ? Are you kidding me ? Parcell Magic

Jeff Fischer--Tenn---I still have a hard time buying that team is for real. Unlike Green Bay, this team wins the close games.

John Harbaugh-Baltimore Ravens- I know they have a ton of defensive talent, but this team is starting to look very scary. With Harbaugh at the helm they have turned around from a 5-11 season quick. The hire of Cam Cameron as OC has helped too. Joe Flacco is starting to come on and kind of reminds me of a Big Ben type fit for this Ravens team. I think Sunday night that only three rookie QBs that have thrown a TD in 7 or 8+ consecutive games. One was Peyton Manning at like 15, and the other was Namath at 7 I believe, Flacco is at 8, pretty good company I'd say.

All of these coaches have done great jobs, and Fischer seems to always get the most out of his players, no matter who is on the roster, as seen a few seasons ago.

Fritz
12-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Rod Marinelli. He's on the verge of doing something no NFL head coach has ever done before.

Gunakor
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I go with Tom Coughlin. After losing Strahan to retirement, and losing Umenyiora to injury early in the season, and having a rotating shift at RB due to injury, and losing Shockey during the offseason, and the ongoing Plaxico saga that's been a part of this team all season long, etc., etc., there is no way these Giants should be starting at the #1 seed in the NFC right now. This is a very different team on paper than the one that won the SB last year, yet already have won more games than they had at this point last year. Kudos to Coughlin for keeping that team focused and getting the most out of those players.

Guiness
12-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I have to go with Coughlin too.

Talk about a team that go no respect. Defending SB champ that started the season at third on many power rankings (behind NE and Dallas). Everyone said 'lightning in a bottle', etc.

He's proven us all wrong.