PDA

View Full Version : Panthers

3irty1
12-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Not long ago there was a thread floating around talking about the Panthers going 8-8 which would have meant pretty much losing out the second half of the season. Now this team is starting to look for real. They kind of remind me of last years Packers where nobody really understood how we had such a good record in the first half and then we started steam rolling teams in the 2nd half. I could see them representing the NFC in the superbowl. Fox has done a great job with this team.

prsnfoto
12-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Not sure if they can hold up defensively but they have a great running game and a decent QB with good WR's.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-10-2008, 01:22 PM
They'll get beat by the Giants, Cowboys, or Eagles in the playoffs. Their offensive line is still young, not to mention they've had a very favorable schedule. They're run has been completely shut down before in their losses so it's not out of the question this will happen against one of these top defenses in the playoffs.

Freak Out
12-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Panthers have a good a shot as anybody to make it to the SB in the NFC. A very good run game and a game changer in Smith on offense plus the D is no slouch. A week off and then a home game....lookout.

Partial
12-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Not long ago there was a thread floating around talking about the Panthers going 8-8 which would have meant pretty much losing out the second half of the season. Now this team is starting to look for real. They kind of remind me of last years Packers where nobody really understood how we had such a good record in the first half and then we started steam rolling teams in the 2nd half. I could see them representing the NFC in the superbowl. Fox has done a great job with this team.

They're a cold weather team in a warm climate. Expect for them to get better and better. They have invested a lot in that running game, with DeAngelo Williams being a top 10 pick I believe, and then Johnny Stewart being my favorite back of last years draft and a top 20 pick.

They've got a dominating end who needs to step his game up if they want to get to the super bowl. Peppers has the talent to require a triple or even quadruple team and can beat the opposition, but I don't think he plays particularly nasty that often.

Pacopete4
12-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Jon Fox sure is an underrated coach in this league.. he quietly does his job and builds teams into winners.

bobblehead
12-12-2008, 11:34 PM
The confidence of getting some wins on the margin is priceless....the lack thereof from you kicker missing a gamewinner or losing the toss in OT is also priceless.

Partial
12-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Jon Fox sure is an underrated coach in this league.. he quietly does his job and builds teams into winners.

They're really up or down on him. It seems that the team is incredibly streaky and inconsistent.

Why? They always have a decent back, a great receiver in Smith, and the most physically gifted player in the NFL in JP. They need a QB.

Iron Mike
12-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Bah! Forget about Panthers.....let's discuss cougars:

http://www.urbancougar.com/